Best Buy Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2008.

Interview Details – You first have to apply online through their website. You have to answer a series of multiple choice questions about whether you strongly agree or strongly disagree about such and such a statement. If you don't pick the right ones, you don't get called for a phone interview. You can reapply 1 month later. During phone interview, they ask you why you want to apply here and some other personal questions. At the end they will set a date for an interview with the supervisor of the department your applying for. During that interview, they give you a scene and you state what you would do. Its either a hit or miss for this. At the end of this session, they will either turn you down or schedule a final interview with the general manager. During interview with the general manager, he or she will ask a basic series of questions regarding your loyalty. Will you call this person out if they stole something as in expensive as a chocolate bar and such and such. Answer yes and shake hands. Your hired. They ask you whether XX dollars per hour is fair to you. At this point you can negotiate for higher if your older job pays more or your over qualified and etc. Next you do legal paper work and thats it.

Interview Question – Why did you decide to apply to Best Buy?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Woodbridge, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and got called in about two or three weeks after. There were two interviews, the first with the supervisor and the second with the GM. The interview with the supervisor was the longest, they asked me questions from a book which were mostly situational questions and then told me to expect a call. The interview with the GM was a bit of a joke, he just asked what I would do if I noticed a fellow employee stealing and then offered me a seasonal position.

Interview Question – If a customer was trying to buy a playstation, how would you get them interested in purchasing other accompanying products.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy Canada

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Canada Cashier interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy Canada employees and interview candidates.