Best Buy Canada Computer Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.8

Computer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a week later. Short phone interview...availabilities, what is your job right now, and then she asked me to come to the store for an interview with the GM. Headed down there the next day (came 15mins before the interview).

Interview Questions

• 10mins interview with more than 5 questions, which was great cuz the previous guy did not last longer than 5 mins.
    Why best buy?
    What do you do if you see your co worker stealing?
    Can you remember of a time you had trouble with a colleague?
    What are some of your skills that you have?
    What is your goal?
    What are your availability?
    Can you think of a bad quality that you have? (transforming your bad quality to a good one is a must)

Answer Question

Negotiation

He did not mentioned anything about the wage but when I arrived there, they gave me some papers to fill out and I mentioned I wanted something between 12-13$/h since I had some exp

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy Canada

Computer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

After an Online application, I was called for a phone interview it was on the spot while I was at my prior job no time to prepare or anything.

The phone call was short and to the point, followed up by an interview shortly after with the supervisor of the computer department.

I was scheduled for an interview with the GM which is basically just screening for theft prevention and trust. The GM wasn't aware he was interviewing me and didn't have much time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out a co-worker stole a chocolate bar?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate on, their pretty stern on their pay. Even department seniors don't make all that much.

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

How will you provide exceptional customer service?

Interview Questions

• I will simply try to make customers shopping experience easy by fiding them correct product or service .   Answer Question

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

simple questions about product knowledge, situational questions, and personality questions.

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2010.

Interview

It was a phone interview with general questions and then a invitation to a 1:1 interview at the store. This interview was with some department supervisor I think. The store was at the Yorkdale mall and the interview was in a small room, I think the surveillance room. The questions were mainly general questions, why, how, the usb question (how many usb can be attached to a computer) and the irq question (irq for serial devices). Didn't get a call afterwards.