Best Buy Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Office Interview

Corporate Office
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in June 2011.

Interview Details – I first received a phone call from the HR representative. This phone call was a pre-screen interview. Afterward our conversation she deemed I would be a good candidate to come in for a 1 to 1 interview with one of the senior managers. I went into the corporate office one week later and had a very straightforward interview which lasted one hour. The questions were aimed at determining my competency and skill level. I got along well with the interviewer. I was asked to hand in a mini-project which would demonstrate my abilities. After submitting that assignment, I received another phone call to come in again to meet with the National Manager. That interview took place about a week later, but didn't seem to go as well. The interviewer suggested that I was not cut out for the position. So, I assumed that was the end of any opportunity. However, a couple of weeks later I received a voicemail from the HR representative telling me that they were still in the process of making a decision and that I was still in "the mix" and that she would let me know of the next steps as the process went on. It's been about a month since that voicemail and I haven't heard anything back.

Interview Question – What does your ideal work experience look like?   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!