Best Buy Canada

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online about 3 days ago and got a call this morning. Did a telephone interview, and got scheduled for a in store interview. Went in a spoke to the hiring manager and the GM the same day.

They ask you ethical questions such as you see your manager stealing, what would you do? Answer tell upper management no matter what!

Just be yourself, and answer the questions truthfully.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had a customer who is upset at the service he has received in the past?   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Ancaster, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in August 2009.

Interview Details – Had one interview and was hired on the spot--know it doesn't work that way for most people

Interview Question – Have you ever done anything that you could consider unethical?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – I was hired during their seasonal time, which is a good time to look to apply. Near Oct-Nov. I applied online, completed a online loyalty questionnaire (Either you get a chance to fill this questionnaire in or you have to go through a phone interview...think its one or the other). After completing either a phone interview or that questionnaire, you will get called in for a person interview which is usually with the supervisor of the department you want to be hired for (cellphones, computers, operations, gaming, etc)..this is a long 20-30-40min interview, they run through typical and easy questions (a lot of questions but easy). After this interview, you will be asked to do another interview with the general store manager, which for me was very relaxed, asks you 2-3 questions, wants to make sure, they get a positive vibe of you. Your achievements/accomplishments? Asked me to sell a pen to him...want to know the technique I use for selling (ASK LIFESTYLE QUESTIONS) and discusses salary expectations with you and gives you the final hired or not answer. Then the usual, welcome orientation/intro to company/paperwork. and on the job training.

Interview Question – Difficult customer/situation you had and how you solved it?
What's a good customer service experience you had?
Do you purchase stuff from bestbuy? (ALWAYS YES!) know the things they sell
How would you sell an ipod?
Why you want to work at bestbuy? What you like about it?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for a bit higher pay then offered and was approved.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2010.

Interview Details – Called to set up an interview. Went in, was asked the standard interview questions. Was also asked about what I knew about certain technology (computers - such as RAM, hard drive, etc). As long as you're somewhat outgoing and knowledgeable you will get the job. Also asked me to pretend to sell the interviewer a laptop and was critiqued.

Interview Question – What do you consider to be important specifications when looking for a laptop for a student?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone call one or two weeks later. It consisted of a fairly informal phone interview, asking things like why I wanted to work there, previous job experiences, what customer service meant to me, availability and expected salary. Was then scheduled for an in-store 1-on-1 interview. Waited around for a long time, then had to fill out an application (the usual stuff, personal info, past jobs, references, etc.), waited again, then the interview. Lasted maybe just under 10 minutes. Asked again about work experience, what I liked about the job, why I wanted to work there. Then I got the job!

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy Canada

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Canada Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy Canada employees and interview candidates.