Best Buy Canada

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in January 2010.

Got a call back and going in tomorrow for the interview.

Sales and Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in December 2014.

I submitted an online application, and just over a week later I got a call. Over the phone, I was asked why I wanted to work there, and what my availability was like (can you work Boxing Day, Christmas Eve etc). They also asked whether I knew more about computers or TVs. Then she asked if I could come for an interview in 2 days at noon, and I accepted.

Getting to the store, I was directed to sit by the "Returns" part of the store. I was given an application form to fill out, including references and the information of all the places I've worked in the past. 15 minutes past our scheduled time, I was called in for a one-on-one with the general manager of the store. He seemed to be reading from a booklet with general questions, and was writing down my responses. Then he thanked me for coming in, and said they would be calling peoe that night.

Interview Questions
    • 4 part question: What should happen to a shoplifter (in general)? What should happen to someone stealing from a store they work at? What would you do if you saw someone stealing at work? What if it was something small, like a chocolate bar?   Answer Question
    • How do you build rapport with customers?   Answer Question
    • What would your previous manager say that you could improve on?   Answer Question

Mobile Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

I had applied for a CER position, but was called in for the mobile unit. They were very unorganized however, as the mobile manager wasn't present for my interview. I had to do my interview with the general store manager instead, who wasn't impressed with my lack of experience selling mobile products. He told me to come back for a second interview with the mobile manager, so I did. This time, the mobile manager forgot about me for half an hour, before the store manager saw me and asked if I had met the mobile manager. This second interview lasted maybe 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you worked at a dollar store and saw a fellow employee stealing a chocolate bar? Do they deserve to be fired?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2014.

Submit my resume online and got a call back after a week. Just a standard interview with the usually interview questions. Except they asked about my thought on co-workers stealing.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2014.

Applied on a weekend evening through the website. Got a call 3 days later at night (9 pm, abnormally late for a phone call). Asked numerous questions on the phone to weed out certain people (can you work boxing day? Whats your availability?)

Came in the next day for an in person interview with some figure head manager. Came early to fill out paperwork, but was allowed in for the interview almost 30 mins after scheduled time (clearly dont value you that much). Asked a bunch of situational questions regarding customer care. Not much room to see if they meet your needs as an employee, everything is about "what can you do for best buy?".

Also, they asked if I was interested in full time for part time on the phone, only to be told in the in-person interview that they don't offer full time positions. Probably something they should have mentioned during the initial phone call (as that would probably turn off a lot of people off who need the income).

Anyways, was offered the job on the spot, filled out paperwork and received my schedule for the coming weeks on the spot.

Tell them what they want to hear, come dressed professionally and you will probably get offered the job right then and there.

Interview Questions
    • What should happen to a customer that is caught stealing?   Answer Question
    nope

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2014.

Applied online, had a "phone interview" the next day which was pretty much like "Why do you want to work for Best Buy?" and gave my answer, then got asked to come in the next day for an interview.
    The interview was super relaxed, and was pretty much just a conversation about my experience, and again I got asked why I wanted to work for Best Buy. I got called in for a final interview with the Assistant Manager the next day, and again it was super relaxed and easy, and I got hired that same day. Everybody was very nice, and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • "What qualities do you think you have that make you an ideal Best Buy employee?"   Answer Question
    The manager asked me what I wanted for my wage. I originally said I was fine with minimum wage, but he was very nice and said that based on my experience, I could get an extra dollar per hour.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Initial interview over the phone. Interviewer was the department manager who had a different resume. Twice I told him he was looking at someone else's resume. My interest fizzled out.

Interview Questions
    • Advanced knowledge in Excel which is pretty much standard when it comes to being analyst   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Submitted my resume online, got a call about 2 weeks later. They asked me a few questions for the phone interview, mainly why do you want to work here? What do you know about the company? Then scheduled me for an in person interview. Went to an in-person interview with the manager, he told me he'd pass me along to the GM. Went again for the GM interview, and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was the best customer service experience you've ever had?   Answer Question
    Tried negotiating, GM didn't want to budge and I didn't want to lose the job over it, so I accepted.

Data and Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2014.

Interview one on one, than a reporting test in excel on scenario's of reporting data. Show intermediate to advance skills in excel. Casual office setting in a state-of -the-art building.

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

They called my phone without leaving a voice mail, so it was up to me to call them back inquiring. After a short screening, I got invited to an interview with the store manager. Evidently, she was in some online meeting at the time I arrived, causing me to wait for a while. The wait gave me a plethora of time to relax and think over the Q/A, easily allowing me to ace the interview shortly after. Apparently there was a job fair going on too (I applied online though), as the manager told me she didn't like most of the applicants other than me and someone else. Pretty much got hired on the spot, with another interview a couple days later finalizing everything.

She read what I put down for salary and took it.