Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.5

Data and Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview one on one, than a reporting test in excel on scenario's of reporting data. Show intermediate to advance skills in excel. Casual office setting in a state-of -the-art building.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Had a 20min phone interview with HR. Asked standard questions: long term goals, why work here, accomplishments, etc. She scheduled me for an interview with the Merchandising manager a couple days later. With the manager, he rushed through a bunch of behavioral questions and seemed in a hurry (his phone kept vibrating). He didn't seem interested in my experience/qualifications.

Interview Questions

• - Describe a goal you set and achieved
      - Tell me how you deal with time pressures

Answer Question

Mobile Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

3 interview, very fast paced, 1st interview with general manager, 2nd interview with another general manager, 3rd interview with district manager. all very friendly and professional at interview process. Very standard questions about previous job experience, why you wanna work for best buy, what do you know about best buy, and sales related questions.

Assistant Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

I saw the posting online and thus submitted my resume and cover letter. In a few days I was contacted for an interview at CHQ by HR. Some general questions were: Why would you want to work for Best Buy? How can you contribute to this company? etc... I received another call a few days later and a director interviewed me. He asked me some inventory and behavioral questions. The interview ended an hour later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Computer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a week later. Short phone interview...availabilities, what is your job right now, and then she asked me to come to the store for an interview with the GM. Headed down there the next day (came 15mins before the interview).

Interview Questions

• 10mins interview with more than 5 questions, which was great cuz the previous guy did not last longer than 5 mins.
      Why best buy?
      What do you do if you see your co worker stealing?
      Can you remember of a time you had trouble with a colleague?
      What are some of your skills that you have?
      What is your goal?
      What are your availability?
      Can you think of a bad quality that you have? (transforming your bad quality to a good one is a must)

Answer Question

Negotiation

He did not mentioned anything about the wage but when I arrived there, they gave me some papers to fill out and I mentioned I wanted something between 12-13$/h since I had some exp

Sales and Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online application, and just over a week later I got a call. Over the phone, I was asked why I wanted to work there, and what my availability was like (can you work Boxing Day, Christmas Eve etc). They also asked whether I knew more about computers or TVs. Then she asked if I could come for an interview in 2 days at noon, and I accepted.

Getting to the store, I was directed to sit by the "Returns" part of the store. I was given an application form to fill out, including references and the information of all the places I've worked in the past. 15 minutes past our scheduled time, I was called in for a one-on-one with the general manager of the store. He seemed to be reading from a booklet with general questions, and was writing down my responses. Then he thanked me for coming in, and said they would be calling peoe that night.

Interview Questions

• 4 part question: What should happen to a shoplifter (in general)? What should happen to someone stealing from a store they work at? What would you do if you saw someone stealing at work? What if it was something small, like a chocolate bar?   Answer Question
    • How do you build rapport with customers?   Answer Question
    • What would your previous manager say that you could improve on?   Answer Question

Sales Associate, Geek Squad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ancaster, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Ancaster, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was relatively seamless and convenient, called in on very short notice and had to call a favour just to make it.
    Questions were basic and general, lots of professionalism. However, this mostly applied to in person. Phone calls had generally noisy backgrounds, I had to wait nearly half an hour before I could actually be interviewed (and I made it there early!) and interestingly enough, I had to be interviewed twice before I made it in. Generally a not-very-well organized but professional process.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to work with someone who refused to co-operate? How did you overcome this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, but ask about proper training, benefits, support options and hours! I work 20+ hours a week and I'm only part time! Training is also very minimal, with the rule book being more like a "general recommendations brochure", so ask lots of questions!

Product Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a small group panel, consisting of the team leader, and the customer service representative at the time in a conference room. Due to their security policy we could not do the interview in the actual office because we are not allowed to bring in our own devices.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burlington, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There was one phone interview that happened 7 days after I submitted my resume. It was very standard questions around availability and past jobs. Then there was a face to face interview with the store manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you gave great customer service, what was the outcome   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate a wage

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about 4 days later with a brief phone interview, asked basic questions such as why do you want to work at best buy? and some availability questions as well. At the end of the phone interview, was asked to come in for an in-person interview 2 days later, met with a supervisor, who went through a booklet of questions which was quite thorough, took about 30 minutes to complete the interview, was then set up for a final interview with the general manager, who asked alot of the same questions, was hired on the spot at the end of that interview.