Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in January 2010.

Got a call back and going in tomorrow for the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2009.

very easy, expect the basic questions. tell me about your self, why do you like this job, why this company. there's also a question on ethics.

Tech Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in February 2010.

Emailed resume. Phone call received a week later and scheduled an interview. Arrived for the interview which was a 1 on 1 interview. Interviewer asked the basic questions I have usually received. Interview took approx. 15min. Interviewer said they would call back the next week with news if I got the job or not but they never did call back.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer who brought in a computer with a virus.   View Answer

Store Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in May 2010.

I applied online for position and about 2 months later received a call to come in for an interview. I interviewed with 2 staff members-a senior staff member and a department supervisor. I was then called back about 2 weeks later to be interviewed by a department manager. The candidates for the position was narrowed down to three. The next morning, I was called back to come in and meet the department manager again and the senior department manager who was to make the hiring decision. The interview was positive and quite casual. They asked typical interview questions about background, qualifications. They also gave me more information about the job description. The overall work culture seems upbeat and casual. It seems that people have fun working there.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbridge, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2009.

I applied online and got called in about two or three weeks after. There were two interviews, the first with the supervisor and the second with the GM. The interview with the supervisor was the longest, they asked me questions from a book which were mostly situational questions and then told me to expect a call. The interview with the GM was a bit of a joke, he just asked what I would do if I noticed a fellow employee stealing and then offered me a seasonal position.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer was trying to buy a playstation, how would you get them interested in purchasing other accompanying products.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2008.

You first have to apply online through their website. You have to answer a series of multiple choice questions about whether you strongly agree or strongly disagree about such and such a statement. If you don't pick the right ones, you don't get called for a phone interview. You can reapply 1 month later. During phone interview, they ask you why you want to apply here and some other personal questions. At the end they will set a date for an interview with the supervisor of the department your applying for. During that interview, they give you a scene and you state what you would do. Its either a hit or miss for this. At the end of this session, they will either turn you down or schedule a final interview with the general manager. During interview with the general manager, he or she will ask a basic series of questions regarding your loyalty. Will you call this person out if they stole something as in expensive as a chocolate bar and such and such. Answer yes and shake hands. Your hired. They ask you whether XX dollars per hour is fair to you. At this point you can negotiate for higher if your older job pays more or your over qualified and etc. Next you do legal paper work and thats it.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to apply to Best Buy?   View Answer

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in July 2010.

It was a phone interview with general questions and then a invitation to a 1:1 interview at the store. This interview was with some department supervisor I think. The store was at the Yorkdale mall and the interview was in a small room, I think the surveillance room. The questions were mainly general questions, why, how, the usb question (how many usb can be attached to a computer) and the irq question (irq for serial devices). Didn't get a call afterwards.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in March 2008.

Online Test, phone interview then two one on one interviews. The questions in the book they use are dated. Kind of boring. Interviews were long and not organized.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you set a goal and didn't achieve that goal   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2010.

The manger took me to the back room, asked me 10 questions, nothing too difficult. He wrote down the answers to my questions. It was a pretty laid back interview, it didn't feel like an interrogation or anything. I brought him a copy of my resume, and also he made me fill out an application.

Interview Questions
    • What was the best example of customer service you have ever experienced.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you and a co-worker had a disagreement and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in January 2011.

Seemed pretty fair.

Interview Questions

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!