Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.5

Data and Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2014.

Interview one on one, than a reporting test in excel on scenario's of reporting data. Show intermediate to advance skills in excel. Casual office setting in a state-of -the-art building.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Had a 20min phone interview with HR. Asked standard questions: long term goals, why work here, accomplishments, etc. She scheduled me for an interview with the Merchandising manager a couple days later. With the manager, he rushed through a bunch of behavioral questions and seemed in a hurry (his phone kept vibrating). He didn't seem interested in my experience/qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • - Describe a goal you set and achieved
      - Tell me how you deal with time pressures

Answer Question

Mobile Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

interviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2012.

3 interview, very fast paced, 1st interview with general manager, 2nd interview with another general manager, 3rd interview with district manager. all very friendly and professional at interview process. Very standard questions about previous job experience, why you wanna work for best buy, what do you know about best buy, and sales related questions.

Assistant Inventory Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

I saw the posting online and thus submitted my resume and cover letter. In a few days I was contacted for an interview at CHQ by HR. Some general questions were: Why would you want to work for Best Buy? How can you contribute to this company? etc... I received another call a few days later and a director interviewed me. He asked me some inventory and behavioral questions. The interview ended an hour later.

No negotiation

Computer Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

I applied online and got a phone call a week later. Short phone interview...availabilities, what is your job right now, and then she asked me to come to the store for an interview with the GM. Headed down there the next day (came 15mins before the interview).

Interview Questions
    • 10mins interview with more than 5 questions, which was great cuz the previous guy did not last longer than 5 mins.
      Why best buy?
      What do you do if you see your co worker stealing?
      Can you remember of a time you had trouble with a colleague?
      What are some of your skills that you have?
      What is your goal?
      What are your availability?
      Can you think of a bad quality that you have? (transforming your bad quality to a good one is a must)

Answer Question
    He did not mentioned anything about the wage but when I arrived there, they gave me some papers to fill out and I mentioned I wanted something between 12-13$/h since I had some exp

Sales and Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in December 2014.

I submitted an online application, and just over a week later I got a call. Over the phone, I was asked why I wanted to work there, and what my availability was like (can you work Boxing Day, Christmas Eve etc). They also asked whether I knew more about computers or TVs. Then she asked if I could come for an interview in 2 days at noon, and I accepted.

Getting to the store, I was directed to sit by the "Returns" part of the store. I was given an application form to fill out, including references and the information of all the places I've worked in the past. 15 minutes past our scheduled time, I was called in for a one-on-one with the general manager of the store. He seemed to be reading from a booklet with general questions, and was writing down my responses. Then he thanked me for coming in, and said they would be calling peoe that night.

Interview Questions
    • 4 part question: What should happen to a shoplifter (in general)? What should happen to someone stealing from a store they work at? What would you do if you saw someone stealing at work? What if it was something small, like a chocolate bar?   Answer Question
    • How do you build rapport with customers?   Answer Question
    • What would your previous manager say that you could improve on?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in January 2010.

Got a call back and going in tomorrow for the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2009.

very easy, expect the basic questions. tell me about your self, why do you like this job, why this company. there's also a question on ethics.

Tech Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in February 2010.

Emailed resume. Phone call received a week later and scheduled an interview. Arrived for the interview which was a 1 on 1 interview. Interviewer asked the basic questions I have usually received. Interview took approx. 15min. Interviewer said they would call back the next week with news if I got the job or not but they never did call back.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer who brought in a computer with a virus.   View Answer

Store Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in May 2010.

I applied online for position and about 2 months later received a call to come in for an interview. I interviewed with 2 staff members-a senior staff member and a department supervisor. I was then called back about 2 weeks later to be interviewed by a department manager. The candidates for the position was narrowed down to three. The next morning, I was called back to come in and meet the department manager again and the senior department manager who was to make the hiring decision. The interview was positive and quite casual. They asked typical interview questions about background, qualifications. They also gave me more information about the job description. The overall work culture seems upbeat and casual. It seems that people have fun working there.