Best Buy Canada

72 candidate interviews

Web Analyst Interview

Web Analyst

Interviewed at Best Buy Canada

Interview Details – fist step is phone call interview. it is about 40 minutes. After few weeks, it invites you back to second interview where you will meet them at Best buy. After that, they will contact you if they are interested in you.

Interview Question – How to change an organization's web process when there is a problem?   Answer Question

Lead Mobile Specialist Interview

Lead Mobile Specialist

Interviewed at Best Buy Canada

Interview Details – i had one 10 minute interview to get hired, because i already had experience. make sure to talk directly to the GM and not mess around talking with other people. make sure to dress well, don't come in wearing sneakers and a t-shirt cause they wont take to serious...

Interview Question – "what is your biggest down fall" try to come up with something that's good but bad at the same time like "I care too much about people" or "I'm always too early to work"   Answer Question

Product Process Specialist Interview

Product Process Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – You go through a 3 step interview process (not including the telephone interview) until you're finally hired. First two face to face interviews are basically about yourself and the company, what responsibilities are for your role. Last interview involves integrity questions, although in my third interview they just hired me off the bat.

Interview Question – Hmmm...explain a time when you showed great customer service (through telephone)   Answer Question

Inventory Supervisor Interview

Inventory Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – Was a fairly straight forward process to get hired. The final interview by the GM of the store seemed like fluff but a lot of places have this type if thing.

Interview Question – Ever had a disagreement with a co-worker, how did it end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy if they want you, I am sure it is tougher if they are on the fence or have multiple choices.

Best Buy Canada Interview

Best Buy Canada

Interviewed at Best Buy Canada

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward. You had to do an online assessment to see if you are compatible with the company. Then you get called for an interview where you're asked similar situational based questions and some personality questions. Nothing too difficult. Lots of training, watching boring videos.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, all normal interview questions. Situational based questions are common   Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Merchandise Analyst

Interviewed at Best Buy Canada

Interview Details – 3 interviews, one with the manager, one with a senior manager and HR in two of the interviews. They were quicker than most to respond to my resume and cover letter. I found the process to be open and knew what to expect with each additional interview.

Interview Question – Why Best Buy   Answer Question

Online Category Manager Interview

Online Category Manager

Interviewed at Best Buy Canada

Interview Details – Initial interview was over the phone. They were trying to gauge my interest in the position and my general qualifications. Second interview was with site managers. Questions centered around giving examples of how I used the job's required skills in the past. Third interview was with the VP of Ecommerce, where I walked through my resume. He seemed more interested in my motivations than he did in my qualifications.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in retail?   Answer Question

Multimedia Entertainment Specialist Interview

Multimedia Entertainment Specialist
Ajax, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – Two interviews. Ask the typical questions. Big thing on no stealing even if its a friend, you're supposed to say you'd take them to management no matter what.

Interview Question – What would you do if you caught a friend stealing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was seasonal part time

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Merchandise Analyst
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in May 2014.

Interview Details – Application process was quick. I was contact by Best Buy HR had a brief conversation regarding the role. Following I met with a director. Interviewer was friendly and transparent with the job role. Explained to me the career path and the possible routes. Ultimately the position did not meet my salary expectations.

Interview Question – Questions were straight forward no real surprises.
- Tell me about yourself
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years
- What can you tell me about your experience...
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary was too low.
I likely would have pursued the position otherwise.

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Computer Sales Associate
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in April 2010.

Interview Details – Submit resume, and you'll get a job. They will hire anyone with a pulse. Your biggest hurdle will just be the first online interview, which asks you some stupid questions like, "do you laugh at comedians who make fun of the audience." answer no to that one, cause the system will kick you out if you answer yes.

Interview Question – They were all standard questions, the toughest being LP related, but even then it was nothing. As long as you don't show up high or drunk, they'll give you a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, and got screwed in the long run. Make sure you have a number going in, because they won't argue with you if it's reasonable.

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!