Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

Web Analyst Interview

fist step is phone call interview. it is about 40 minutes. After few weeks, it invites you back to second interview where you will meet them at Best buy. After that, they will contact you if they are interested in you.

Interview Questions
    • How to change an organization's web process when there is a problem?   Answer Question

Lead Mobile Specialist Interview

i had one 10 minute interview to get hired, because i already had experience. make sure to talk directly to the GM and not mess around talking with other people. make sure to dress well, don't come in wearing sneakers and a t-shirt cause they wont take to serious...

Interview Questions
    • "what is your biggest down fall" try to come up with something that's good but bad at the same time like "I care too much about people" or "I'm always too early to work"   Answer Question

Product Process Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

You go through a 3 step interview process (not including the telephone interview) until you're finally hired. First two face to face interviews are basically about yourself and the company, what responsibilities are for your role. Last interview involves integrity questions, although in my third interview they just hired me off the bat.

Interview Questions
    • Hmmm...explain a time when you showed great customer service (through telephone)   Answer Question

Inventory Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Was a fairly straight forward process to get hired. The final interview by the GM of the store seemed like fluff but a lot of places have this type if thing.

Interview Questions
    • Ever had a disagreement with a co-worker, how did it end.   Answer Question
    Easy if they want you, I am sure it is tougher if they are on the fence or have multiple choices.

Best Buy Canada Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. You had to do an online assessment to see if you are compatible with the company. Then you get called for an interview where you're asked similar situational based questions and some personality questions. Nothing too difficult. Lots of training, watching boring videos.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, all normal interview questions. Situational based questions are common   Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

3 interviews, one with the manager, one with a senior manager and HR in two of the interviews. They were quicker than most to respond to my resume and cover letter. I found the process to be open and knew what to expect with each additional interview.

Online Category Manager Interview

Initial interview was over the phone. They were trying to gauge my interest in the position and my general qualifications. Second interview was with site managers. Questions centered around giving examples of how I used the job's required skills in the past. Third interview was with the VP of Ecommerce, where I walked through my resume. He seemed more interested in my motivations than he did in my qualifications.

Multimedia Entertainment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ajax, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Two interviews. Ask the typical questions. Big thing on no stealing even if its a friend, you're supposed to say you'd take them to management no matter what.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was seasonal part time

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in May 2014.

Application process was quick. I was contact by Best Buy HR had a brief conversation regarding the role. Following I met with a director. Interviewer was friendly and transparent with the job role. Explained to me the career path and the possible routes. Ultimately the position did not meet my salary expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straight forward no real surprises.
      - Tell me about yourself
      - Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      - What can you tell me about your experience...
        Answer Question

salary was too low.
    I likely would have pursued the position otherwise.

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

They called my phone without leaving a voice mail, so it was up to me to call them back inquiring. After a short screening, I got invited to an interview with the store manager. Evidently, she was in some online meeting at the time I arrived, causing me to wait for a while. The wait gave me a plethora of time to relax and think over the Q/A, easily allowing me to ace the interview shortly after. Apparently there was a job fair going on too (I applied online though), as the manager told me she didn't like most of the applicants other than me and someone else. Pretty much got hired on the spot, with another interview a couple days later finalizing everything.

She read what I put down for salary and took it.

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!