Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Submitted my resume online, got a call about 2 weeks later. They asked me a few questions for the phone interview, mainly why do you want to work here? What do you know about the company? Then scheduled me for an in person interview. Went to an in-person interview with the manager, he told me he'd pass me along to the GM. Went again for the GM interview, and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was the best customer service experience you've ever had?   Answer Question
    Tried negotiating, GM didn't want to budge and I didn't want to lose the job over it, so I accepted.

Connected Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in February 2014.

Three interviews were required but I skipped the phone interview because I had a reference. The first one was with the supervisor, asked about my experience and about my personal interests. The second was with the general manager and he asked mostly morality/ethical questions. The interview with the GM basically means you're qualified and in, but must make sure you have integrity & that you're not crazy.

Interview Questions
    • When was the time you had the best shopping experience?   Answer Question
    • What are 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What kind of hand gestures would you use to signal a customer that you're currently busy but will attend to them after?   Answer Question
    Nothing was negotiable.

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

They called my phone without leaving a voice mail, so it was up to me to call them back inquiring. After a short screening, I got invited to an interview with the store manager. Evidently, she was in some online meeting at the time I arrived, causing me to wait for a while. The wait gave me a plethora of time to relax and think over the Q/A, easily allowing me to ace the interview shortly after. Apparently there was a job fair going on too (I applied online though), as the manager told me she didn't like most of the applicants other than me and someone else. Pretty much got hired on the spot, with another interview a couple days later finalizing everything.

She read what I put down for salary and took it.

Environment Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in August 2014.

1 Phone Interview followed by 2 in person interview. It was straitforward interview, explaining my background experience, school, how I overcame challenges, and some of projects I have done. Finished with technical test, and also simple technical test over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Situational Question, for example, if something happened to the server what would you do,etc   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  St. Catharines, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in July 2014.

Three steps in the interview Process, first being a interview on the phone, the next being a simple interview in person and the final step being a interview with a senior sales rep. the final interview reviews questions from the second and goes into detail with what would you do in this scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions about how you would deal with employee shoplifting if you were the owner   Answer Question

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in April 2013.

Standard review process, I met with different managers and talked about my previous experience and what I could bring to the company. I'd recommend doing some research about the company to make you seem more interested and involved. Be relaxed and think positive it shows when you're doing the interview process.

Interview Questions
    Salary was standardized at my store but very fair in my opinion

Online Category Manager Interview

Initial interview was over the phone. They were trying to gauge my interest in the position and my general qualifications. Second interview was with site managers. Questions centered around giving examples of how I used the job's required skills in the past. Third interview was with the VP of Ecommerce, where I walked through my resume. He seemed more interested in my motivations than he did in my qualifications.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in May 2014.

Application process was quick. I was contact by Best Buy HR had a brief conversation regarding the role. Following I met with a director. Interviewer was friendly and transparent with the job role. Explained to me the career path and the possible routes. Ultimately the position did not meet my salary expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straight forward no real surprises.
      - Tell me about yourself
      - Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      - What can you tell me about your experience...
        Answer Question

salary was too low.
    I likely would have pursued the position otherwise.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

It was pretty standard, there was a short phone interview after which they asked me to come in for a face to face interview. I initially interviewed with a Senior Merchandise Manager who asked me what I would call pretty standard interview questions, a second interview followed that one with a Director of Merchandising which again was mostly standard questions but also felt more like a conversation versus reading off a sheet of questions.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as this was an entry position which I had little to now experience for

Merchandise Analyst Interview

3 interviews, one with the manager, one with a senior manager and HR in two of the interviews. They were quicker than most to respond to my resume and cover letter. I found the process to be open and knew what to expect with each additional interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!