Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for customer service job and received a call from Best Buy for my phone interview call. Then I was invited at store for my 1 on 1 interview. When I went over there I was told that I have been misinformed about the position. As they were hiring for Sales Representative not for Customer Service Representative. I even showed them the email I received from them. But they still ignored about it. Then they told me that If I want I can give interview for Sales Representative. I agreed on doing that. As I was being interviewed by one of their supervisor in their Manager's room. He was constantly checking his phone while I was answering for all the questions.

Interview Questions

• Q1, What do you want to work at Best Buy ? Q2. How will you deal with customer who are here at Best Buy ? Q3 Suppose you're General Manager and you saw on your security camera that one of your staff (cashier) took $5 dollars from the till (cash register machine) ? What will you do ? Q4 Tell me what you do or did on your present or past job ?   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

i got a call from the store to come in and have a interview with the mobile lead, she asked me the basic questions, about my interests, why i chose best buy, what i was currently doing, why the mobile department. once i had gotten through the interview process with her i was passed off to the store manager who then asked me a couple of questions that were similar to the ones with the mobile lead but before he said i had gotten the job asked me to sell him a phone to get a sense of my sales technique.

Interview Questions

• explain a time you had a tough time closing a sale, and how did you deal with it ?   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (St. John's, NL (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview consists of: 1. Phone Screen (Evaluating your ability to have a professional conversation over the phone.) 2. 1:1 Interview with a supervisor. (Standard interview questions.) 3. 1:1 Interview with the GM of that store. (Additional standard interview questions.) 4. Offer of employment. It is a straight-forward process and all steps can happen on the same day so be prepared for when you get the call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Best Buy? What would you do in hypothetical situation? Do you have experience in Customer Service? Do you have experience in Sales?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

The basic, phone interview and in-person. Average team members interview you. The company don't have a strong HR, so don't expect the Amazon or Toptal level. Anyone with intermediate level of development will pass.

Interview Questions

• Common development questions including algorithms, languages and frameworks   Answer Question

Mobile Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Pretty simple process. They simply want to know if you are a good people person and can close the sale. First interview consists of a phone interview, second one either takes place with the department manager or general manager of the store. Response time was efficient.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this phone (e.g. iPhone, Samsung, etc).   1 Answer

Geek Squad Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

The supervisor for Geek Squad conducted the first interview, while on-site in the Geek Squad section of the store during a slow part of the workday. He was very accommodating and friendly and asked a variety of questions pertaining to customer service, knowledge of software/hardware and other skills relevant to being a Geek Squad Agent. It was an overall pleasant experience as far as interviews go. The second part of the hiring process involved an interview with the Store Manager. He was equally accommodating and asked follow-up questions that built on the answers provided in the previous interview; all-in-all an equally stress-free process.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you went out of your way to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question

Multi Channel Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Sitting in a room listening to the GM gas on about fake values. He seemed to be almost bored to be doing this! It was hardly a difficult interview, but at the same time told me nothing about what I'd be doing, likely because he had no idea.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Markham, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone call after 1 week with a short interview over the phone. (why do you want to work at Best Buy? What does customer service mean to you?) Got a phone call a few hours after asking to come in for an in person interview with the departments supervisor. Got a phone call the next day asking to come in for a third and final interview with the general manager

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you? Why do you want to work for the company? If the store is busy and many customers are approaching you with help, how do you handle this situation? What would you do if you saw another employee stealing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about 4 days later with a brief phone interview, asked basic questions such as why do you want to work at best buy? and some availability questions as well. At the end of the phone interview, was asked to come in for an in-person interview 2 days later, met with a supervisor, who went through a booklet of questions which was quite thorough, took about 30 minutes to complete the interview, was then set up for a final interview with the general manager, who asked alot of the same questions, was hired on the spot at the end of that interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burlington, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There was one phone interview that happened 7 days after I submitted my resume. It was very standard questions around availability and past jobs. Then there was a face to face interview with the store manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you gave great customer service, what was the outcome   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate a wage