Best Buy Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Process Specialist Interview

Product Process Specialist
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – Very sales oriented, including some role play and explanation of customer service experience and sales abilities. Received 1 phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with the general manager. I was hired on the spot and given an above-average wage considering my experience.

Interview Question – Standard questions, including how to deal with difficult customers, what to do with found money, what to do if catching a coworker stealing, that kinda stuff. Typical retail job, focused on abilities but also attitudes towards teamwork and general honesty.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was given the wage I asked for, $10.75/hr.

Home Solutions Specialist Interview

Home Solutions Specialist
Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, really standard questions like why I want to work here and my hours of availability. Got schedualed for a in-person interview at the end of the week. Really straight forward interview, make sure you mention that theft has zero tolerance and you will report any employee that you see who steals. Also mention that you are a team player and are eger to work for the company. Called me back the next day to scheduale a third interview with the GM. Came in, asked if I had any questions and then hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – How would you sell a Mobile Service Plan?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offerd me $11 and hour

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in July 2013.

Interview Details – Did an online application. Next day someone called and had a short interview on the phone and was booked for an in person interview later in the week. Face to face interview was nothing special the guy asked me questions from a booklet like Why Best Buy? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer? Asked how many people they were hiring he said a few, after that was booked for a third interview with the GM. GM interview was exactly like the second interview he asked the same questions nothing technical except was antivirus I prefer and tried to get me to give him prices from my previous employer (said I did not remember) said that he needed one person part time and he will let me know,

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Best Buy Canada Interview

Best Buy Canada

Interviewed at Best Buy Canada

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward. You had to do an online assessment to see if you are compatible with the company. Then you get called for an interview where you're asked similar situational based questions and some personality questions. Nothing too difficult. Lots of training, watching boring videos.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, all normal interview questions. Situational based questions are common   Answer Question

Product Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2011.

Interview Details – They usually have a phone interview and then an in-store interview

Interview Question – How would you sell a service plan   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Multimedia Entertainment Specialist Interview

Multimedia Entertainment Specialist
Ajax, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – Two interviews. Ask the typical questions. Big thing on no stealing even if its a friend, you're supposed to say you'd take them to management no matter what.

Interview Question – What would you do if you caught a friend stealing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was seasonal part time

Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) Interview

Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2011.

Interview Details – Best Buy Canada prefers that you submit your application online, and will sort you based on your job preference and location, in addition to current job openings.

Before you actually are granted a face-to-face interview, you are 'pre-screened' by an online questionnaire. It is meant to test your honesty, integrity and work ethic. You are not informed of your 'score', it is merely forwarded if you pass the appropriate number.

At this point you will receive a phone call (or email) asking you to come in for an actual interview. For this particular position, the questions are primarily computer-based, with some falling into the realm of customer service.

You are generally interviewed twice, once by the head of Geek Squad, and once by the Store Manager. This is apparently not always the case. You are then offered a job or told that they will contact you if you are a suitable fit.

Interview Question – If you attempt to power up a client's computer and find it does not POST, what is the most likely cause for failure?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, simply a 'hey, you're hired, fill this out' form acceptance. It's a wage-slave job at a huge corporation. Don't expect much.

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2010.

Interview Details – Handed in resume in person even though the person said to apply online. Got a call within a week to come in for an interview.

Frist interview was with a random supervisor asked me questions such as why do I want to work here and what made me apply.

Second interview was with the General manager. Very nice guy, seemed very laid back and formal. Got hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see you friend steal from the place you work at   Answer Question
  • Do you have any questions for me or about the company or your position and duties?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Was weird because the General manager said i was going to get paid 11, but the supervisor put me down as 10.50. Didn't want to say anything incase i might lose the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2010.

Interview Details – First: Phone Interview
Second: In-person 30 minute interview
Third: General Manager Interview

The phone interview lasts about 10 minutes, and they ask basic questions like why do you want to work at best buy, given scenarios (angry customer etc), and then they offer you a second in person interview.

The second interview is much longer, and is with a supervisor at the store. They ask questions relating to products and sales, like "How would you advertise this product to a customer, what would you offer to which customer and why etc"

Once you've gotten a third interview, you're pretty much set - The general manager will ask you questions about hoensty and integrity to make sure you are not a liability to the store.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer claims you have charged him for something he didn't get, and he doesnt listen to anything you say and insists on speaking to a manager? What if there was no manager present?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – - Got another job offer closer to home. In retrospect I wish I chose Best Buy

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone call a couple months later asking if I was still interested in the position. I had a quick phone interview with the General Manager (what do you think is good customer service, stuff like that), she asked what departments I would most want to work in, then asked me to come in for an interview the next day.

Arrived, filled out some paperwork, then had an interview with the Sales Manager. It was fairly simple, and he had a booklet of set questions to go through, so there was nothing unexpected really. Just general stuff like "when did you have a conflict with your peers and how did you resolve it?" and "what accomplishment are you most proud of?"

He asked me to come in the next day for a third interview with the General Manager, just asked a couple questions that I had answered before, "why Best Buy" etc, filled out some more paperwork and she told me when to come in for orientation.

Interview Question – "What would you do if you saw an employee stealing a chocolate bar?"   View Answer