Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.5

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Interview

They called my phone without leaving a voice mail, so it was up to me to call them back inquiring. After a short screening, I got invited to an interview with the store manager. Evidently, she was in some online meeting at the time I arrived, causing me to wait for a while. The wait gave me a plethora of time to relax and think over the Q/A, easily allowing me to ace the interview shortly after. Apparently there was a job fair going on too (I applied online though), as the manager told me she didn't like most of the applicants other than me and someone else. Pretty much got hired on the spot, with another interview a couple days later finalizing everything.

Negotiation

She read what I put down for salary and took it.

Environment Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada in August 2014.

Interview

1 Phone Interview followed by 2 in person interview. It was straitforward interview, explaining my background experience, school, how I overcame challenges, and some of projects I have done. Finished with technical test, and also simple technical test over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Situational Question, for example, if something happened to the server what would you do,etc   Answer Question

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

After having two different interviews in two different stores I realized some managers have a lot of HR experience and some others dont. In one, everything was kept professional. In the other, I was asked if I was married and how old I was. Anyone that has a little bit of HR knowledge knows this is terrible.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Markham, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone call after 1 week with a short interview over the phone. (why do you want to work at Best Buy? What does customer service mean to you?) Got a phone call a few hours after asking to come in for an in person interview with the departments supervisor. Got a phone call the next day asking to come in for a third and final interview with the general manager

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you? Why do you want to work for the company? If the store is busy and many customers are approaching you with help, how do you handle this situation? What would you do if you saw another employee stealing?   Answer Question

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone. They were trying to gauge my interest in the position and my general qualifications. Second interview was with site managers. Questions centered around giving examples of how I used the job's required skills in the past. Third interview was with the VP of Ecommerce, where I walked through my resume. He seemed more interested in my motivations than he did in my qualifications.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in St. Catharines, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (St. Catharines, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Three steps in the interview Process, first being a interview on the phone, the next being a simple interview in person and the final step being a interview with a senior sales rep. the final interview reviews questions from the second and goes into detail with what would you do in this scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about how you would deal with employee shoplifting if you were the owner   Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

It was pretty standard, there was a short phone interview after which they asked me to come in for a face to face interview. I initially interviewed with a Senior Merchandise Manager who asked me what I would call pretty standard interview questions, a second interview followed that one with a Director of Merchandising which again was mostly standard questions but also felt more like a conversation versus reading off a sheet of questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as this was an entry position which I had little to now experience for

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Interview

3 interviews, one with the manager, one with a senior manager and HR in two of the interviews. They were quicker than most to respond to my resume and cover letter. I found the process to be open and knew what to expect with each additional interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Telephone Interview: Basic questions regarding your resume and background. They really want to know your interests here to potentially stage you in a specific department. Managerial Interview: Basic questions regarding resume and background again, but brief summary this time. Asks a lot of questions regarding team behaviour. (e.g, How to handle a difficult teammate / customer). Aside from that, they really want to make sure you are a team player and empathetic to customers.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pen? (The pen the manager was using).   1 Answer

Negotiation

It really depends on experience, but you can definitely get past minimum wage. Most people I knew got past minimum wage.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Application process was quick. I was contact by Best Buy HR had a brief conversation regarding the role. Following I met with a director. Interviewer was friendly and transparent with the job role. Explained to me the career path and the possible routes. Ultimately the position did not meet my salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight forward no real surprises. - Tell me about yourself - Where do you see yourself in 5 years - What can you tell me about your experience...   Answer Question

salary was too low. I likely would have pursued the position otherwise.