Best Buy Canada

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.4

Connected Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Best Buy Canada in February 2014.

Three interviews were required but I skipped the phone interview because I had a reference. The first one was with the supervisor, asked about my experience and about my personal interests. The second was with the general manager and he asked mostly morality/ethical questions. The interview with the GM basically means you're qualified and in, but must make sure you have integrity & that you're not crazy.

Interview Questions
    • When was the time you had the best shopping experience?   Answer Question
    • What are 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What kind of hand gestures would you use to signal a customer that you're currently busy but will attend to them after?   Answer Question
    Nothing was negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Phone interview, and then 2 in person interviews at the store. One with the sales supervisor and one with the General Manager. They both asked me the exact same questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was a very simple interview. Not really sure what they gleaned from it. Main thing they want to know is your answer to what you think about stealing.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2013.

Three interviews in total. First one is phone interview, very general questions like why bestbuy, what is a good customer service to you and give me an example, difficult customers that you faced before, how did you resolve the problem. Was told to come in to the store for second interview, same questions from the first interview, but more in depth. Third one is more about ethics and internal control. Got hired right away at the store.

trilingual, more than 10.25

Product Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Very sales oriented, including some role play and explanation of customer service experience and sales abilities. Received 1 phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with the general manager. I was hired on the spot and given an above-average wage considering my experience.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, including how to deal with difficult customers, what to do with found money, what to do if catching a coworker stealing, that kinda stuff. Typical retail job, focused on abilities but also attitudes towards teamwork and general honesty.   Answer Question
    Was given the wage I asked for, $10.75/hr.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2013.

I was first contacted by the recruiter, and went through a telephone interview , in the same interview I've got scheduled for a personal interview with the store manager, then a second interview where I was told to bring my paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just stay focused and be cool and a=outgoing since you will be dealing with people and they want to see that you are outgoing and friendly   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Home Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Had a phone interview, really standard questions like why I want to work here and my hours of availability. Got schedualed for a in-person interview at the end of the week. Really straight forward interview, make sure you mention that theft has zero tolerance and you will report any employee that you see who steals. Also mention that you are a team player and are eger to work for the company. Called me back the next day to scheduale a third interview with the GM. Came in, asked if I had any questions and then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a Mobile Service Plan?   View Answer
    Offerd me $11 and hour

Customer Service Representative/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in August 2013.

Expect multiple interviews: one on the phone, one with your division manager, and a final one with the general manager.

Questions asked were very typical of these interviews, such as adv/disadv, tell me about a time where _____ , etc.

They ask you ethical questions such as you see your manager stealing, what would you do? Answer tell upper management no matter what!

As long as you remain honest, personable and charismatic, you should get the job! Humour seemed to work in my favour too.

Interview Questions
    General manager said I would get $11 per hour, but they ended up giving me $10.25...

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in July 2013.

Did an online application. Next day someone called and had a short interview on the phone and was booked for an in person interview later in the week. Face to face interview was nothing special the guy asked me questions from a booklet like Why Best Buy? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer? Asked how many people they were hiring he said a few, after that was booked for a third interview with the GM. GM interview was exactly like the second interview he asked the same questions nothing technical except was antivirus I prefer and tried to get me to give him prices from my previous employer (said I did not remember) said that he needed one person part time and he will let me know,

Best Buy Canada Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. You had to do an online assessment to see if you are compatible with the company. Then you get called for an interview where you're asked similar situational based questions and some personality questions. Nothing too difficult. Lots of training, watching boring videos.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, all normal interview questions. Situational based questions are common   Answer Question

Multimedia Entertainment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Two interviews. Ask the typical questions. Big thing on no stealing even if its a friend, you're supposed to say you'd take them to management no matter what.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was seasonal part time