Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

Multimedia Entertainment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ajax, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Two interviews. Ask the typical questions. Big thing on no stealing even if its a friend, you're supposed to say you'd take them to management no matter what.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was seasonal part time

Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2011.

Best Buy Canada prefers that you submit your application online, and will sort you based on your job preference and location, in addition to current job openings.

Before you actually are granted a face-to-face interview, you are 'pre-screened' by an online questionnaire. It is meant to test your honesty, integrity and work ethic. You are not informed of your 'score', it is merely forwarded if you pass the appropriate number.

At this point you will receive a phone call (or email) asking you to come in for an actual interview. For this particular position, the questions are primarily computer-based, with some falling into the realm of customer service.

You are generally interviewed twice, once by the head of Geek Squad, and once by the Store Manager. This is apparently not always the case. You are then offered a job or told that they will contact you if you are a suitable fit.

Interview Questions
    • If you attempt to power up a client's computer and find it does not POST, what is the most likely cause for failure?   View Answer
    No negotiation, simply a 'hey, you're hired, fill this out' form acceptance. It's a wage-slave job at a huge corporation. Don't expect much.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2010.

Handed in resume in person even though the person said to apply online. Got a call within a week to come in for an interview.

Frist interview was with a random supervisor asked me questions such as why do I want to work here and what made me apply.

Second interview was with the General manager. Very nice guy, seemed very laid back and formal. Got hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you see you friend steal from the place you work at   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me or about the company or your position and duties?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Was weird because the General manager said i was going to get paid 11, but the supervisor put me down as 10.50. Didn't want to say anything incase i might lose the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2010.

First: Phone Interview
    Second: In-person 30 minute interview
    Third: General Manager Interview

The phone interview lasts about 10 minutes, and they ask basic questions like why do you want to work at best buy, given scenarios (angry customer etc), and then they offer you a second in person interview.

The second interview is much longer, and is with a supervisor at the store. They ask questions relating to products and sales, like "How would you advertise this product to a customer, what would you offer to which customer and why etc"

Once you've gotten a third interview, you're pretty much set - The general manager will ask you questions about hoensty and integrity to make sure you are not a liability to the store.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer claims you have charged him for something he didn't get, and he doesnt listen to anything you say and insists on speaking to a manager? What if there was no manager present?   Answer Question

- Got another job offer closer to home. In retrospect I wish I chose Best Buy

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in July 2011.

I applied online and got a phone call a couple months later asking if I was still interested in the position. I had a quick phone interview with the General Manager (what do you think is good customer service, stuff like that), she asked what departments I would most want to work in, then asked me to come in for an interview the next day.

Arrived, filled out some paperwork, then had an interview with the Sales Manager. It was fairly simple, and he had a booklet of set questions to go through, so there was nothing unexpected really. Just general stuff like "when did you have a conflict with your peers and how did you resolve it?" and "what accomplishment are you most proud of?"

He asked me to come in the next day for a third interview with the General Manager, just asked a couple questions that I had answered before, "why Best Buy" etc, filled out some more paperwork and she told me when to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do if you saw an employee stealing a chocolate bar?"   View Answer

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2012.

How will you provide exceptional customer service?

Interview Questions
    • I will simply try to make customers shopping experience easy by fiding them correct product or service .   Answer Question

Inventory Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Was a fairly straight forward process to get hired. The final interview by the GM of the store seemed like fluff but a lot of places have this type if thing.

Interview Questions
    • Ever had a disagreement with a co-worker, how did it end.   Answer Question
    Easy if they want you, I am sure it is tougher if they are on the fence or have multiple choices.

Product Process Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Having an employee referral give you the best chance at getting a job. They care mostly about theft and what you would do when it happens.

Interview Questions
    • Going into this position, you might not think you would have to deal with customers but they do expect you to. They will ask you about customer service.   View Answer

Customer Representative I/II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

I applied online via their careers website for a seasonal position. I was then contacted by phone a few days later and asked if I had time to answer a few questions. Very basic phone interview questions. I was then asked to move on to a second interview with a supervisor at the store. At the second interview I was first asked to fill out basic job application forms. I then met with a supervisor who conducted my interview. After the second interview I was then scheduled for a third interview with the store's general manager. I felt as though the third interview was more based around getting a sense if I had any intentions of internal theft. During this interview the manager gave me the job offer as well went over the basic job contract and provided me with forms and an orientation date. Overall all interviewers were very laid back and tentative.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2009.

Online interview via survey, second interview was in store with the dept supervisor, and third was in store with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • Would you tell management if one of your co-workers were stealing a piece of gum, even if it was JUST something as small as gum?   Answer Question