Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy Canada
- Sales Associate (24)
- Customer Service Representative (7)
- Computer Specialist (5)
- Product Specialist (5)
- Mobile Sales Specialist (5)
- Product Process Specialist (4)
- Merchandise Analyst (4)
- Mobile Specialist (3)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (3)
- Cashier (2)
- Customer Services Representative (2)
- Computer Sales Associate (2)
- Connected Solutions Specialist (2)
- Precinct Chief (1)
- Assistant Inventory Analyst (1)
- Connected Solutions (1)
- Sales Associate, Geek Squad (1)
- Customer Service Representative- Burlington Ontario (1200 Brant Street Location) (1)
- Mobile Audio (1)
- Customer Service Representative II (1)
- Customer Service Representative/Cashier (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Manager (1)
- Tech (1)
- Environment Support Analyst (1)
- Corporate Office (1)
- Web Analyst (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Inventory Specialist (1)
- Inventory Supervisor (1)
Product Process Specialist Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).
Very sales oriented, including some role play and explanation of customer service experience and sales abilities. Received 1 phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with the general manager. I was hired on the spot and given an above-average wage considering my experience.
- Standard questions, including how to deal with difficult customers, what to do with found money, what to do if catching a coworker stealing, that kinda stuff. Typical retail job, focused on abilities but also attitudes towards teamwork and general honesty. Answer Question
Was given the wage I asked for, $10.75/hr.
Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy Canada
Product Process Specialist InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada.
Having an employee referral give you the best chance at getting a job. They care mostly about theft and what you would do when it happens.
- Going into this position, you might not think you would have to deal with customers but they do expect you to. They will ask you about customer service. 1 Answer
Product Process Specialist InterviewAccepted Offer
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada.
You go through a 3 step interview process (not including the telephone interview) until you're finally hired. First two face to face interviews are basically about yourself and the company, what responsibilities are for your role. Last interview involves integrity questions, although in my third interview they just hired me off the bat.
- Hmmm...explain a time when you showed great customer service (through telephone) Answer Question
Product Process Specialist InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Abbotsford, BC (Canada)) in September 2011.
Applied on-line and had an over the phone interview. Was asked to come to the store several days later for an in person interview. Meet Product Process Manager and walked around the store while being interviewed, next met with the General Manager in a sit down meeting. Asked generic interview questions, said I had the job then had to fill out paper work. Whole process took 4 hours in total - mostly because the managers were dealing with customers in between interviews.
- Why do you want to work here? Answer Question