Best Buy Canada Product Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2010.

Was given 1 interview with the general manager of the store. During the interview I was asked about items on my resume, standard interview questions including one about "a time when I dealt with a difficult customer, and how I resolved the problem". I was then asked to pretend to be the salesman and convince the manager to buy this fake laptop in front of me, as well as an iPod. After that, I was given a call a few days later saying I received the job.

Interview Questions
  • I was put on the spot to convince the manager that they were choosing the right laptop. They said what they used it for, I made up specs and said why this fits their need, and mentioned other software/services they could get that would fit their solution.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy Canada

Product Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2011.

They usually have a phone interview and then an in-store interview

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2010.

Handed in resume in person even though the person said to apply online. Got a call within a week to come in for an interview.

Frist interview was with a random supervisor asked me questions such as why do I want to work here and what made me apply.

Second interview was with the General manager. Very nice guy, seemed very laid back and formal. Got hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you see you friend steal from the place you work at   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me or about the company or your position and duties?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Was weird because the General manager said i was going to get paid 11, but the supervisor put me down as 10.50. Didn't want to say anything incase i might lose the job.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in July 2011.

I applied online and got a phone call a couple months later asking if I was still interested in the position. I had a quick phone interview with the General Manager (what do you think is good customer service, stuff like that), she asked what departments I would most want to work in, then asked me to come in for an interview the next day.

Arrived, filled out some paperwork, then had an interview with the Sales Manager. It was fairly simple, and he had a booklet of set questions to go through, so there was nothing unexpected really. Just general stuff like "when did you have a conflict with your peers and how did you resolve it?" and "what accomplishment are you most proud of?"

He asked me to come in the next day for a third interview with the General Manager, just asked a couple questions that I had answered before, "why Best Buy" etc, filled out some more paperwork and she told me when to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do if you saw an employee stealing a chocolate bar?"   View Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2010.

Applied online through Best Buy Canada's Career page. On career page had to do a personality and ethics test. Received a phone call about a week later asking if I'm available for an in person interview. Interview was very basic with strengths, weaknesses, questions about theft and how I would react. Be ethical.

Interview Questions
    • One question I was asked was "If you saw your friend stealing how would you respond if it was, $100, $20, $1?" and hypothetical question "How would you respond if the person stole from the cash register to pay for home and put it back afterwards"?   View Answer

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!