Best Buy Canada Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.5

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in January 2010.

Got a call back and going in tomorrow for the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy Canada

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Submitted my resume online, got a call about 2 weeks later. They asked me a few questions for the phone interview, mainly why do you want to work here? What do you know about the company? Then scheduled me for an in person interview. Went to an in-person interview with the manager, he told me he'd pass me along to the GM. Went again for the GM interview, and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was the best customer service experience you've ever had?   Answer Question
    Tried negotiating, GM didn't want to budge and I didn't want to lose the job over it, so I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Telephone Interview:

Basic questions regarding your resume and background. They really want to know your interests here to potentially stage you in a specific department.

Managerial Interview:

Basic questions regarding resume and background again, but brief summary this time. Asks a lot of questions regarding team behaviour. (e.g, How to handle a difficult teammate / customer). Aside from that, they really want to make sure you are a team player and empathetic to customers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell me this pen? (The pen the manager was using).   View Answer
    It really depends on experience, but you can definitely get past minimum wage. Most people I knew got past minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Best Buy Canada in February 2011.

Very simple interview process. The normal retail questions such as "Tell me about yourself", "Tell my about a time when you gave good customer service" Tell my about a time when you received good customer service" etc.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time where you were unable to fulfill a commitment that you had made?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in January 2010.

Only got an interview because I knew someone already working there. They asked about my availability. They asked about my experience working in a team. Talk about a time when you were in conflict. If you saw a fellow employee taking a chocolate bar and they said they would pay for it later, would you tell anyone?

Interview Questions
    No negotiating if you're a student. $11 is $11.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2013.

Three interviews in total. First one is phone interview, very general questions like why bestbuy, what is a good customer service to you and give me an example, difficult customers that you faced before, how did you resolve the problem. Was told to come in to the store for second interview, same questions from the first interview, but more in depth. Third one is more about ethics and internal control. Got hired right away at the store.

trilingual, more than 10.25

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Phone interview, and then 2 in person interviews at the store. One with the sales supervisor and one with the General Manager. They both asked me the exact same questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was a very simple interview. Not really sure what they gleaned from it. Main thing they want to know is your answer to what you think about stealing.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2010.

First: Phone Interview
    Second: In-person 30 minute interview
    Third: General Manager Interview

The phone interview lasts about 10 minutes, and they ask basic questions like why do you want to work at best buy, given scenarios (angry customer etc), and then they offer you a second in person interview.

The second interview is much longer, and is with a supervisor at the store. They ask questions relating to products and sales, like "How would you advertise this product to a customer, what would you offer to which customer and why etc"

Once you've gotten a third interview, you're pretty much set - The general manager will ask you questions about hoensty and integrity to make sure you are not a liability to the store.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer claims you have charged him for something he didn't get, and he doesnt listen to anything you say and insists on speaking to a manager? What if there was no manager present?   Answer Question

- Got another job offer closer to home. In retrospect I wish I chose Best Buy

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2009.

Online interview via survey, second interview was in store with the dept supervisor, and third was in store with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • Would you tell management if one of your co-workers were stealing a piece of gum, even if it was JUST something as small as gum?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Whitby, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitby, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2010.

Standard interview questions
    best to be confident and have a general knowledge set of electronics
    always good to have an area of strength

Interview Questions
    • A question about services sold
      Might have a mock sale so be prepared to possibly be doing a "mock" sale
        Answer Question
    Did not attempt to negotiate

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!