Best Buy Canada

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wichita, KS

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in January 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call back and going in tomorrow for the interview.

Interview Question – What is the meaning of great customer service?   Answer Question

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview:

Basic questions regarding your resume and background. They really want to know your interests here to potentially stage you in a specific department.

Managerial Interview:

Basic questions regarding resume and background again, but brief summary this time. Asks a lot of questions regarding team behaviour. (e.g, How to handle a difficult teammate / customer). Aside from that, they really want to make sure you are a team player and empathetic to customers.

Interview Question – How would you sell me this pen? (The pen the manager was using).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It really depends on experience, but you can definitely get past minimum wage. Most people I knew got past minimum wage.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Best Buy Canada in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple interview process. The normal retail questions such as "Tell me about yourself", "Tell my about a time when you gave good customer service" Tell my about a time when you received good customer service" etc.

Interview Question – When was a time where you were unable to fulfill a commitment that you had made?   Answer Question

Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in January 2010.

Interview Details – Only got an interview because I knew someone already working there. They asked about my availability. They asked about my experience working in a team. Talk about a time when you were in conflict. If you saw a fellow employee taking a chocolate bar and they said they would pay for it later, would you tell anyone?

Interview Question – "Sell this pen to me"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating if you're a student. $11 is $11.

Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2013.

Interview Details – Three interviews in total. First one is phone interview, very general questions like why bestbuy, what is a good customer service to you and give me an example, difficult customers that you faced before, how did you resolve the problem. Was told to come in to the store for second interview, same questions from the first interview, but more in depth. Third one is more about ethics and internal control. Got hired right away at the store.

Interview Question – Do you believe in warrant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – trilingual, more than 10.25

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – Phone interview, and then 2 in person interviews at the store. One with the sales supervisor and one with the General Manager. They both asked me the exact same questions.

Interview Question – None. It was a very simple interview. Not really sure what they gleaned from it. Main thing they want to know is your answer to what you think about stealing.   Answer Question

Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2010.

Interview Details – First: Phone Interview
Second: In-person 30 minute interview
Third: General Manager Interview

The phone interview lasts about 10 minutes, and they ask basic questions like why do you want to work at best buy, given scenarios (angry customer etc), and then they offer you a second in person interview.

The second interview is much longer, and is with a supervisor at the store. They ask questions relating to products and sales, like "How would you advertise this product to a customer, what would you offer to which customer and why etc"

Once you've gotten a third interview, you're pretty much set - The general manager will ask you questions about hoensty and integrity to make sure you are not a liability to the store.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer claims you have charged him for something he didn't get, and he doesnt listen to anything you say and insists on speaking to a manager? What if there was no manager present?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – - Got another job offer closer to home. In retrospect I wish I chose Best Buy

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2009.

Interview Details – Online interview via survey, second interview was in store with the dept supervisor, and third was in store with the GM.

Interview Question – Would you tell management if one of your co-workers were stealing a piece of gum, even if it was JUST something as small as gum?   Answer Question

Whitby, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2010.

Interview Details – Standard interview questions
best to be confident and have a general knowledge set of electronics
always good to have an area of strength

Interview Question – A question about services sold
Might have a mock sale so be prepared to possibly be doing a "mock" sale
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not attempt to negotiate

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in April 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website; Interview took place in a corner of the store, did not seem very professional

Interview Question – Why would we hire you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy Canada

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Canada Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy Canada employees and interview candidates.