Best Buy Canada Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Wichita, KS) in January 2010.

Interview

Got a call back and going in tomorrow for the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy Canada

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about 4 days later with a brief phone interview, asked basic questions such as why do you want to work at best buy? and some availability questions as well. At the end of the phone interview, was asked to come in for an in-person interview 2 days later, met with a supervisor, who went through a booklet of questions which was quite thorough, took about 30 minutes to complete the interview, was then set up for a final interview with the general manager, who asked alot of the same questions, was hired on the spot at the end of that interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

Manager called me in for an interview within 2 hours of applying. She asked very easy questions and even said that i have a job offer but I just need to meet with the GM. The GM interview was a few days later and it lasted about 5 minutes. Pretty much a repeat of the first interview. He said he'd give me a call the next week. I recieved no call.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on a weekend evening through the website. Got a call 3 days later at night (9 pm, abnormally late for a phone call). Asked numerous questions on the phone to weed out certain people (can you work boxing day? Whats your availability?)

Came in the next day for an in person interview with some figure head manager. Came early to fill out paperwork, but was allowed in for the interview almost 30 mins after scheduled time (clearly dont value you that much). Asked a bunch of situational questions regarding customer care. Not much room to see if they meet your needs as an employee, everything is about "what can you do for best buy?".

Also, they asked if I was interested in full time for part time on the phone, only to be told in the in-person interview that they don't offer full time positions. Probably something they should have mentioned during the initial phone call (as that would probably turn off a lot of people off who need the income).

Anyways, was offered the job on the spot, filled out paperwork and received my schedule for the coming weeks on the spot.

Tell them what they want to hear, come dressed professionally and you will probably get offered the job right then and there.

Interview Questions

• What should happen to a customer that is caught stealing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

nope

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, got a call about 2 weeks later. They asked me a few questions for the phone interview, mainly why do you want to work here? What do you know about the company? Then scheduled me for an in person interview. Went to an in-person interview with the manager, he told me he'd pass me along to the GM. Went again for the GM interview, and got the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the best customer service experience you've ever had?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried negotiating, GM didn't want to budge and I didn't want to lose the job over it, so I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Markham, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone call after 1 week with a short interview over the phone. (why do you want to work at Best Buy? What does customer service mean to you?)

Got a phone call a few hours after asking to come in for an in person interview with the departments supervisor.

Got a phone call the next day asking to come in for a third and final interview with the general manager

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you? Why do you want to work for the company? If the store is busy and many customers are approaching you with help, how do you handle this situation? What would you do if you saw another employee stealing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Telephone Interview:

Basic questions regarding your resume and background. They really want to know your interests here to potentially stage you in a specific department.

Managerial Interview:

Basic questions regarding resume and background again, but brief summary this time. Asks a lot of questions regarding team behaviour. (e.g, How to handle a difficult teammate / customer). Aside from that, they really want to make sure you are a team player and empathetic to customers.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pen? (The pen the manager was using).   1 Answer

Negotiation

It really depends on experience, but you can definitely get past minimum wage. Most people I knew got past minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

Phone interview, and then 2 in person interviews at the store. One with the sales supervisor and one with the General Manager. They both asked me the exact same questions.

Interview Questions

• None. It was a very simple interview. Not really sure what they gleaned from it. Main thing they want to know is your answer to what you think about stealing.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Markham, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Three interviews in total. First one is phone interview, very general questions like why bestbuy, what is a good customer service to you and give me an example, difficult customers that you faced before, how did you resolve the problem. Was told to come in to the store for second interview, same questions from the first interview, but more in depth. Third one is more about ethics and internal control. Got hired right away at the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

trilingual, more than 10.25

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2011.

Interview

met with the HR manager. Easy interview with little to no questions. The interviewer just talked the entire time about the position and then asked if I could come in.