Best Buy Canada Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.5

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in January 2010.

Got a call back and going in tomorrow for the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy Canada

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2014.

Applied on a weekend evening through the website. Got a call 3 days later at night (9 pm, abnormally late for a phone call). Asked numerous questions on the phone to weed out certain people (can you work boxing day? Whats your availability?)

Came in the next day for an in person interview with some figure head manager. Came early to fill out paperwork, but was allowed in for the interview almost 30 mins after scheduled time (clearly dont value you that much). Asked a bunch of situational questions regarding customer care. Not much room to see if they meet your needs as an employee, everything is about "what can you do for best buy?".

Also, they asked if I was interested in full time for part time on the phone, only to be told in the in-person interview that they don't offer full time positions. Probably something they should have mentioned during the initial phone call (as that would probably turn off a lot of people off who need the income).

Anyways, was offered the job on the spot, filled out paperwork and received my schedule for the coming weeks on the spot.

Tell them what they want to hear, come dressed professionally and you will probably get offered the job right then and there.

Interview Questions
    • What should happen to a customer that is caught stealing?   Answer Question
    nope

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Submitted my resume online, got a call about 2 weeks later. They asked me a few questions for the phone interview, mainly why do you want to work here? What do you know about the company? Then scheduled me for an in person interview. Went to an in-person interview with the manager, he told me he'd pass me along to the GM. Went again for the GM interview, and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was the best customer service experience you've ever had?   Answer Question
    Tried negotiating, GM didn't want to budge and I didn't want to lose the job over it, so I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Telephone Interview:

Basic questions regarding your resume and background. They really want to know your interests here to potentially stage you in a specific department.

Managerial Interview:

Basic questions regarding resume and background again, but brief summary this time. Asks a lot of questions regarding team behaviour. (e.g, How to handle a difficult teammate / customer). Aside from that, they really want to make sure you are a team player and empathetic to customers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell me this pen? (The pen the manager was using).   View Answer
    It really depends on experience, but you can definitely get past minimum wage. Most people I knew got past minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Phone interview, and then 2 in person interviews at the store. One with the sales supervisor and one with the General Manager. They both asked me the exact same questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was a very simple interview. Not really sure what they gleaned from it. Main thing they want to know is your answer to what you think about stealing.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2013.

Three interviews in total. First one is phone interview, very general questions like why bestbuy, what is a good customer service to you and give me an example, difficult customers that you faced before, how did you resolve the problem. Was told to come in to the store for second interview, same questions from the first interview, but more in depth. Third one is more about ethics and internal control. Got hired right away at the store.

trilingual, more than 10.25

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in June 2011.

Two interviews. Initial and then one with general manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Best Buy Canada in February 2011.

Very simple interview process. The normal retail questions such as "Tell me about yourself", "Tell my about a time when you gave good customer service" Tell my about a time when you received good customer service" etc.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time where you were unable to fulfill a commitment that you had made?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in December 2010.

super easy, stealing is wrong, warranties good.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitby, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitby, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2010.

Standard interview questions
    best to be confident and have a general knowledge set of electronics
    always good to have an area of strength

Interview Questions
    • A question about services sold
      Might have a mock sale so be prepared to possibly be doing a "mock" sale
        Answer Question
    Did not attempt to negotiate