Best Buy Canada Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC

Updated Jul 10, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Had a 20min phone interview with HR. Asked standard questions: long term goals, why work here, accomplishments, etc. She scheduled me for an interview with the Merchandising manager a couple days later. With the manager, he rushed through a bunch of behavioral questions and seemed in a hurry (his phone kept vibrating). He didn't seem interested in my experience/qualifications.

Interview Questions

• - Describe a goal you set and achieved - Tell me how you deal with time pressures   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Initial interview over the phone. Interviewer was the department manager who had a different resume. Twice I told him he was looking at someone else's resume. My interest fizzled out.

Interview Questions

• Advanced knowledge in Excel which is pretty much standard when it comes to being analyst   Answer Question

Data and Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview one on one, than a reporting test in excel on scenario's of reporting data. Show intermediate to advance skills in excel. Casual office setting in a state-of -the-art building.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

It was pretty standard, there was a short phone interview after which they asked me to come in for a face to face interview. I initially interviewed with a Senior Merchandise Manager who asked me what I would call pretty standard interview questions, a second interview followed that one with a Director of Merchandising which again was mostly standard questions but also felt more like a conversation versus reading off a sheet of questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as this was an entry position which I had little to now experience for

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Telephone Interview: Basic questions regarding your resume and background. They really want to know your interests here to potentially stage you in a specific department. Managerial Interview: Basic questions regarding resume and background again, but brief summary this time. Asks a lot of questions regarding team behaviour. (e.g, How to handle a difficult teammate / customer). Aside from that, they really want to make sure you are a team player and empathetic to customers.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pen? (The pen the manager was using).   1 Answer

Negotiation

It really depends on experience, but you can definitely get past minimum wage. Most people I knew got past minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Application process was quick. I was contact by Best Buy HR had a brief conversation regarding the role. Following I met with a director. Interviewer was friendly and transparent with the job role. Explained to me the career path and the possible routes. Ultimately the position did not meet my salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight forward no real surprises. - Tell me about yourself - Where do you see yourself in 5 years - What can you tell me about your experience...   Answer Question

salary was too low. I likely would have pursued the position otherwise.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

The basic, phone interview and in-person. Average team members interview you. The company don't have a strong HR, so don't expect the Amazon or Toptal level. Anyone with intermediate level of development will pass.

Interview Questions

• Common development questions including algorithms, languages and frameworks   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

They usually require interviews with 3 or more people, manager, director and even sometime VPs, they want people with master degrees, if it's from UBC great if not well good luck, questions are the standard ones plus most of the time they require different case analysis.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions at all, business cases that I analyzed was a standard one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Zero negotiation, they give you a work offer and always use the "after few months we can re-evaluate your performance and offer you more" IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

Product Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Very sales oriented, including some role play and explanation of customer service experience and sales abilities. Received 1 phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with the general manager. I was hired on the spot and given an above-average wage considering my experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, including how to deal with difficult customers, what to do with found money, what to do if catching a coworker stealing, that kinda stuff. Typical retail job, focused on abilities but also attitudes towards teamwork and general honesty.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was given the wage I asked for, $10.75/hr.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted by the recruiter, and went through a telephone interview , in the same interview I've got scheduled for a personal interview with the store manager, then a second interview where I was told to bring my paperwork.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just stay focused and be cool and a=outgoing since you will be dealing with people and they want to see that you are outgoing and friendly   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation