Best Buy Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Merchandise Analyst
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – It was pretty standard, there was a short phone interview after which they asked me to come in for a face to face interview. I initially interviewed with a Senior Merchandise Manager who asked me what I would call pretty standard interview questions, a second interview followed that one with a Director of Merchandising which again was mostly standard questions but also felt more like a conversation versus reading off a sheet of questions.

Interview Question – How has technology changed my life   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as this was an entry position which I had little to now experience for

Very Easy Interview

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Merchandise Analyst
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in May 2014.

Interview Details – Application process was quick. I was contact by Best Buy HR had a brief conversation regarding the role. Following I met with a director. Interviewer was friendly and transparent with the job role. Explained to me the career path and the possible routes. Ultimately the position did not meet my salary expectations.

Interview Question – Questions were straight forward no real surprises.
- Tell me about yourself
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years
- What can you tell me about your experience...
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary was too low.
I likely would have pursued the position otherwise.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview:

Basic questions regarding your resume and background. They really want to know your interests here to potentially stage you in a specific department.

Managerial Interview:

Basic questions regarding resume and background again, but brief summary this time. Asks a lot of questions regarding team behaviour. (e.g, How to handle a difficult teammate / customer). Aside from that, they really want to make sure you are a team player and empathetic to customers.

Interview Question – How would you sell me this pen? (The pen the manager was using).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It really depends on experience, but you can definitely get past minimum wage. Most people I knew got past minimum wage.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – They usually require interviews with 3 or more people, manager, director and even sometime VPs, they want people with master degrees, if it's from UBC great if not well good luck, questions are the standard ones plus most of the time they require different case analysis.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions at all, business cases that I analyzed was a standard one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation, they give you a work offer and always use the "after few months we can re-evaluate your performance and offer you more" IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the recruiter, and went through a telephone interview , in the same interview I've got scheduled for a personal interview with the store manager, then a second interview where I was told to bring my paperwork.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just stay focused and be cool and a=outgoing since you will be dealing with people and they want to see that you are outgoing and friendly   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, plus one in person with the District and Regional managers.

Interview Question – All very standard, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Again, standard retail negotiation. 'This is what we bring people in at' and go from there.

Product Process Specialist Interview

Product Process Specialist
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – Very sales oriented, including some role play and explanation of customer service experience and sales abilities. Received 1 phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with the general manager. I was hired on the spot and given an above-average wage considering my experience.

Interview Question – Standard questions, including how to deal with difficult customers, what to do with found money, what to do if catching a coworker stealing, that kinda stuff. Typical retail job, focused on abilities but also attitudes towards teamwork and general honesty.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was given the wage I asked for, $10.75/hr.

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2010.

Interview Details – Handed in resume in person even though the person said to apply online. Got a call within a week to come in for an interview.

Frist interview was with a random supervisor asked me questions such as why do I want to work here and what made me apply.

Second interview was with the General manager. Very nice guy, seemed very laid back and formal. Got hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see you friend steal from the place you work at   Answer Question
  • Do you have any questions for me or about the company or your position and duties?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Was weird because the General manager said i was going to get paid 11, but the supervisor put me down as 10.50. Didn't want to say anything incase i might lose the job.

Very Easy Interview

Parts Tester Interview

Parts Tester
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in November 2011.

Interview Details – Hired on the spot after interview

Negotiation Details – None, accepted starting wage

Newsletter Specialist Interview

Newsletter Specialist
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in August 2012.

Interview Details – Employer reviews the resume, i think only selected few with prior experience got to the interview.

Interview Question – Why you switch from one retail environment to another?   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!