Best Buy

Average Difficulty
118 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Pretty long then never got back to me I have to call them several times just to get them to call me they set up my start date then the whole time I still didn't get the offer

Interview Question – What would you do someone steals   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, basic information and one those retail assessments. Received a call a few days later asking when I could come in for an interview. It was with the hiring manager and he asked a couple questions like, tell me about a time you worked well on a team and what experience I had as a leader. Other than that just basic get to know you type conversation. I thought it went well, and the next day I got a call to come in for an interview with the general manager. I think if you make it this far you are pretty much already in, just make a good impression on the gm and he/she will offer you a position at the end of the second interview. We discussed previous work experience, what my opinions were on employee/customer theft, and what qualities I would like to see in a manager. He also asked about pay and I was offered 10.50, much more than I was expecting.

Interview Question – Tell me what you look for in a manager and what you didn't like about your last place of employment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – He asked me what I was paid at my last job, and what I expected to make at Best Buy. I was only making 8.00/hr before so I requested 8.50. He offered 10.50, explaining that the company likes to start high in hopes of keeping more employees for long term.

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – three interviews. phone one with a sup or manager and the last with the GM and he will give you the paper work if you don't get paper work after the third then you didn't get the job. but they are typical questions. why do you want to work here, what if this what if that, describe a time etc. honestly if you can make it more of a conversation then a interview then your good because friends get friends jobs so be friendly

Interview Question – what is your greatest weakness and strength?, how will you deal with upset employees if you cant move at their pace   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they make a offer you can ask for more pay but run the risk of getting the offer revoked.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Had to apply online twice. No feedback whatsoever the first time and they hate it when you call the store and ask. A few months later I applied again (I knew someone who worked there) and they finally called me. This was way back in 2008, though.

Interview Question – Tell me 3 things you could try to attach to an ipod. (That's the only question I remember).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They tell you what you're making. They'll find someone else who will do it for that money if you choose not to.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, they called me the next day for a phone interview and then called me in for a one on one interview. Overall the process took about a week and it was a smooth process.

Interview Question – What was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and got a call about a week later. They asked me if I was still interested in the job, and what my availability was. Scheduled an interview for a few days later, and the first interview was really quick, about 10 minutes. Afterwards he asked if I could come in the next day for another interview. I did and after a couple questions was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, what caught me off guard was the expectations of working with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't really a negotiation...I said I'd be willing to work for 8.25/hr but he said they'll be starting me out at more.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – You will receive a phone interview and if you pass that interview you will then be set up with 1-2 more interviews.

Interview Question – What did you dislike about your last employer.   Answer Question

Peoria, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in April 2012.

Interview Details – Fill the app out online, I came in for an interview and did one with two assistant managers, the GM was on vacation and I was hired on the spot for Sales Support, Came in for orientation and got to be a cashier instead because they liked me so much. Basic interview process.

Interview Question – Standard STAR questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, it was my first job.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2012.

Interview Details – No Comment.

Interview Question – How many palm trees are there in Florida?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Bismarck, ND

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. Phone interview: asked for availability, can you work Black Friday/Days before & after Christmas (automatic NO if you said you couldn't). 2nd Interview with one of the store's supervisors, very basic interview questions. Last interview with the general manager about store expectations, goals, sales expectations, wage. Offered the job on the spot. Once you are hired you had a 4 hour long meeting with one of the supervisors where you sat and listened to them talk about Best Buy, its history, watch videos. Horrible. Then got a tour of the store and back rooms. Before you could do much you had to complete tons of online trainings and most didn't apply since I was a cashier but you had to do them anyway.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how you have gone above and beyond for a customer at a past job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered $7.50 an hour which was more than I was being paid at my previous minimum wage job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Cashier interview questions and advice. All 118 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.