Best Buy

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.4

127 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Very basic interview. Go through the typical online questions, if you pass those standardized questions you'll receive a call and have a face to face interview with pretty standard questions such as "Tell me about a situation when you had a difficult boss."

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a situation when you were unable to complete a project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Cashier Interview

I interviewed and got hired the same day. The interview was pretty simple, it was my first job and first interview. They gave me a form to take the drug test within 72 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

The interview process is lengthy. You have multiple interviews within the company. The process can be time consuming as most times the do a mass hiring especially during the busy seasons.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? as being a kid still in high school this question can seem like the hardest to answer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Mine was a two part interview. The first interview I talked with a manager this interview didn't see too formal seeing as how I bonded with the interviewer so I told them stories about past retail positions and explained how I was qualified for the job. The second interview is when you know you got the job because they only outline the company and send you out for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions like: What makes you qualified? Tell us about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer, etc.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I applied and received an interview within the week. I arrived 15 mins prior, and ended up waiting 30 mins before the manager came out. She gave the worst handshake in my life. The questions were basic and it was not personal at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

Never got a call or email I really want to work there. I want to start a career at best but. I called them and said is there any status they said by this week they will notify people for 2nd interviews.

Cashier Interview

Pretty long then never got back to me I have to call them several times just to get them to call me they set up my start date then the whole time I still didn't get the offer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

I applied online, basic information and one those retail assessments. Received a call a few days later asking when I could come in for an interview. It was with the hiring manager and he asked a couple questions like, tell me about a time you worked well on a team and what experience I had as a leader. Other than that just basic get to know you type conversation. I thought it went well, and the next day I got a call to come in for an interview with the general manager. I think if you make it this far you are pretty much already in, just make a good impression on the gm and he/she will offer you a position at the end of the second interview. We discussed previous work experience, what my opinions were on employee/customer theft, and what qualities I would like to see in a manager. He also asked about pay and I was offered 10.50, much more than I was expecting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you look for in a manager and what you didn't like about your last place of employment.   View Answer
    He asked me what I was paid at my last job, and what I expected to make at Best Buy. I was only making 8.00/hr before so I requested 8.50. He offered 10.50, explaining that the company likes to start high in hopes of keeping more employees for long term.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

three interviews. phone one with a sup or manager and the last with the GM and he will give you the paper work if you don't get paper work after the third then you didn't get the job. but they are typical questions. why do you want to work here, what if this what if that, describe a time etc. honestly if you can make it more of a conversation then a interview then your good because friends get friends jobs so be friendly

Interview Questions
    • what is your greatest weakness and strength?, how will you deal with upset employees if you cant move at their pace   Answer Question
    they make a offer you can ask for more pay but run the risk of getting the offer revoked.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Had to apply online twice. No feedback whatsoever the first time and they hate it when you call the store and ask. A few months later I applied again (I knew someone who worked there) and they finally called me. This was way back in 2008, though.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me 3 things you could try to attach to an ipod. (That's the only question I remember).   View Answer
    They tell you what you're making. They'll find someone else who will do it for that money if you choose not to.