Best Buy Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

It was a fun interview process. Management at my store used to be very laid back. We cut up a lot in my interview. Basic interview questions, why best buy? I was asked about my sales experience as well as customer service experience. tell us about a time you succeeded as part of a team. They had me role play a sale. I was asked about my interest in technology, how confident i was in my ability with electronics.

Interview Questions
  • if someone steals what should happen to them   View Answer
I am not good at negotiating pay. I found out later that i should have asked for more up front. but, i was hired in temporary, became part time, later became full-time.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2015.

It was very laid back. I waited in a room until my interviewer came in. She introduced herself. Told me about her role. What I would be doing. She had me tell her about myself. Once I got to know her, I opened up. They are very relaxing and cool.

Interview Questions
    • They asked typical "Describe a situation in which you..."   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate anything. Everything was straight forward.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

3 interviews, all long and almost the same questions. Try to be very enthusiastic and energetic about your answers. Go well dressed as that is a major factor in getting the job. Speak clearly and confident and have direct eye contact with interviewer.

Cashier Interview

Very basic interview. Go through the typical online questions, if you pass those standardized questions you'll receive a call and have a face to face interview with pretty standard questions such as "Tell me about a situation when you had a difficult boss."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when you were unable to complete a project.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed and got hired the same day. The interview was pretty simple, it was my first job and first interview. They gave me a form to take the drug test within 72 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

interviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

Basic questions .. no difficult question were asked ..but it was a long process and they forgot to call me for orientation so I had to do orientation by myself. And we mainly talked about our kids. His newborn and my grandchild. But be sure to answer the questions as close as possible to the position that you're interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you witnessed a manager stealing?   Answer Question
    N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

The interview process is lengthy. You have multiple interviews within the company. The process can be time consuming as most times the do a mass hiring especially during the busy seasons.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? as being a kid still in high school this question can seem like the hardest to answer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Mine was a two part interview. The first interview I talked with a manager this interview didn't see too formal seeing as how I bonded with the interviewer so I told them stories about past retail positions and explained how I was qualified for the job. The second interview is when you know you got the job because they only outline the company and send you out for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions like: What makes you qualified? Tell us about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer, etc.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I applied and received an interview within the week. I arrived 15 mins prior, and ended up waiting 30 mins before the manager came out. She gave the worst handshake in my life. The questions were basic and it was not personal at all.

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

Never got a call or email I really want to work there. I want to start a career at best but. I called them and said is there any status they said by this week they will notify people for 2nd interviews.