Best Buy Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

123 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Torrance, CA
Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

Never got a call or email I really want to work there. I want to start a career at best but. I called them and said is there any status they said by this week they will notify people for 2nd interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Destin, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

I applied for a cashier position but was interviewed for a Computer Sales Associate. I was new to town and had only what was in my suitcase so I asked about dress code and was told as long as I didn't show up in jeans and a tank top I was good. I wasn't given names of my interviewer, but I called back and found out. Interview was not only quick, but it was lots of fun and he made me feel very relaxed. I was immediately told I would be interviewed by the GM two days later and this time I was given a name. Second interview also went well, but upon arriving the GM didn't even know he was supposed to interview me that day. Again, the interview was relaxed and fun. I was offered the job on the spot and given a date for paperwork and orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • How extensive is your knowledge of computers and electronics?   Answer Question
    • Most of the questions were about where I was coming from. Having married a former BBY employee and being related to another I managed to steer the interview into a discussion of their policies and ethics and how they fit me.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to sell the GM an electronic or appliance of my choosing.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate hourly pay to compensate for semi-long commute. The negotiation process and contract signing were smooth, relaxed and actually quite fun and quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

The interview process is lengthy. You have multiple interviews within the company. The process can be time consuming as most times the do a mass hiring especially during the busy seasons.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? as being a kid still in high school this question can seem like the hardest to answer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Best Buy.

Mine was a two part interview. The first interview I talked with a manager this interview didn't see too formal seeing as how I bonded with the interviewer so I told them stories about past retail positions and explained how I was qualified for the job. The second interview is when you know you got the job because they only outline the company and send you out for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions like: What makes you qualified? Tell us about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer, etc.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

I applied and within three days they called me back to setup an interview.
    At the interview the asked a few questions, nothing too hard to answer for me personally, but for someone who isn't used to being interviewed/confident I can see it being nerve wrecking.

Interview Questions
    They said they would hire me pending the results of a drug test.

Cashier Interview

Pretty long then never got back to me I have to call them several times just to get them to call me they set up my start date then the whole time I still didn't get the offer

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

I applied online, basic information and one those retail assessments. Received a call a few days later asking when I could come in for an interview. It was with the hiring manager and he asked a couple questions like, tell me about a time you worked well on a team and what experience I had as a leader. Other than that just basic get to know you type conversation. I thought it went well, and the next day I got a call to come in for an interview with the general manager. I think if you make it this far you are pretty much already in, just make a good impression on the gm and he/she will offer you a position at the end of the second interview. We discussed previous work experience, what my opinions were on employee/customer theft, and what qualities I would like to see in a manager. He also asked about pay and I was offered 10.50, much more than I was expecting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you look for in a manager and what you didn't like about your last place of employment.   View Answer
    He asked me what I was paid at my last job, and what I expected to make at Best Buy. I was only making 8.00/hr before so I requested 8.50. He offered 10.50, explaining that the company likes to start high in hopes of keeping more employees for long term.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Best Buy.

three interviews. phone one with a sup or manager and the last with the GM and he will give you the paper work if you don't get paper work after the third then you didn't get the job. but they are typical questions. why do you want to work here, what if this what if that, describe a time etc. honestly if you can make it more of a conversation then a interview then your good because friends get friends jobs so be friendly

Interview Questions
    • what is your greatest weakness and strength?, how will you deal with upset employees if you cant move at their pace   Answer Question
    they make a offer you can ask for more pay but run the risk of getting the offer revoked.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Had to apply online twice. No feedback whatsoever the first time and they hate it when you call the store and ask. A few months later I applied again (I knew someone who worked there) and they finally called me. This was way back in 2008, though.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me 3 things you could try to attach to an ipod. (That's the only question I remember).   View Answer
    They tell you what you're making. They'll find someone else who will do it for that money if you choose not to.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2013.

I applied online, they called me the next day for a phone interview and then called me in for a one on one interview. Overall the process took about a week and it was a smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!