Best Buy Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

They like when you give them real life stories of situations. Give good details of certain situations when you're explaining what you would do in a certain situation. Talk about why it's important to give the customer a good experience in-store. What makes the client shop in-store opposed to just shopping online on amazon.com. Lead competitor

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a customer was unhappy or disgruntled. What did you do to resolve the problem, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Had to go on 3 interviews with 3 different people. general manger, and two store mangers. same interview process as it would be if your were interviewing for a fast food resturant

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Basic interview process, 1on1 setting, asking questions based on resume and aspirations. There's not really much to say regarding the interview it was short and sweet and everyone was nice.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

It was a fun interview process. Management at my store used to be very laid back. We cut up a lot in my interview. Basic interview questions, why best buy? I was asked about my sales experience as well as customer service experience. tell us about a time you succeeded as part of a team. They had me role play a sale. I was asked about my interest in technology, how confident i was in my ability with electronics.

Interview Questions

• if someone steals what should happen to them   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am not good at negotiating pay. I found out later that i should have asked for more up front. but, i was hired in temporary, became part time, later became full-time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Jackson, MS) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very laid back. I waited in a room until my interviewer came in. She introduced herself. Told me about her role. What I would be doing. She had me tell her about myself. Once I got to know her, I opened up. They are very relaxing and cool.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical "Describe a situation in which you..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything. Everything was straight forward.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews, all long and almost the same questions. Try to be very enthusiastic and energetic about your answers. Go well dressed as that is a major factor in getting the job. Speak clearly and confident and have direct eye contact with interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Kennesaw, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty horrible. The room was littered with trash and bugs. Made it very distracting while trying to swat away flies while a the manager is asking you interview questions. People kept popping in and out of the room. Low pay. I would advise only for people who are serious about working for Best Buy and need a job immediately. Otherwise it was very unprofessional interviewing process.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Very basic interview. Go through the typical online questions, if you pass those standardized questions you'll receive a call and have a face to face interview with pretty standard questions such as "Tell me about a situation when you had a difficult boss."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you were unable to complete a project.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

I interviewed and got hired the same day. The interview was pretty simple, it was my first job and first interview. They gave me a form to take the drug test within 72 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

interviewed at Best Buy (Buffalo, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Basic questions .. no difficult question were asked ..but it was a long process and they forgot to call me for orientation so I had to do orientation by myself. And we mainly talked about our kids. His newborn and my grandchild. But be sure to answer the questions as close as possible to the position that you're interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you witnessed a manager stealing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A