Best Buy Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.4

125 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

You will receive a phone interview and if you pass that interview you will then be set up with 1-2 more interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Cashier Interview

It was pretty straightforward. I had a phone interview with the hiring person, then an interview with a manager, then with the general manager.

No negotiation. I was paid $8.50/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

I applied online and recieved a phone call the next day. They asked if I could come in 3 hours from then. I came in and talked to one of the floor manager. They asked me questions about why I wanted to work there, where I work now, what I was expecting from the job. Why did I choose this perticular time to apply. He then said that I would meet with the GM the next day.

I talked to the GM, she really did not ask me interview questions. She just wanted to know more about me and she wanted to know what position did I truly want. We spent the next 20 minutes talking about video games and pay.

She offered me the job and said that I have to take a drug test and would start as soon as they recieved the results.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were hard. I would say the hardest question would have to deal with my main job and not this one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy.

applied online through their website, got a call to schedule an interview about 2 weeks later. Scheduled the interview for the next day. Was interviewed by 2 managers and was offered the position on the spot starting at $9.50. They asked me how much I wanted to be paid and I replied I was open. They asked me how much I had made at my previous theater job which was $8 and he offered to pay me $9.50. Friendly interview. They asked why I wanted to work at Best Buy, what experience I had at my previous jobs, what I liked most about those jobs, what I found the hardest, what good customer service is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

I received an email for an interview about a week after i applied. The first interview was with a supervisor and the process was fairly smooth. Then about a week later i did another interview with the general manager which was fairly easy as well she just asked basic questions as well

Interview Questions
    i didnt have to negotiate the starting pay was above what i expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Downey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

I applied online and received an email with an interview date about a week later. I arrived early and they had me along with three others wait for a few minutes before they called us into a back room. It was two workers holding a group interview. They had forms to take notes on each of us when we answered their questions. I personally don't do well during group interviews so I did not have a good experience. Despite telling us to relax and take it easy during the process, I didn't feel comfortable with the employees talking to us. The whole thing was pretty picky for a part time cashier gig. It took us an hour or so to go through 4 questions. At the end they told us if they wanted to continue the interview process with us or not we would receive an email by the end of the week. I received mine that Friday stating they would not continue with me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you didn't get along with a fellow employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kingston, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy.

Phone interview, second interview with manager, third interview with GM.

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy.

Got called in for an interview about two days after I applied online.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to pay close attention to detail.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Applied online, was called a few days later to set up a time for an interview. They said there are 3 interviews before you get offered the position. First interview I was asked simple questions about my previous jobs and what my positions were. Why I would like to work at Best Buy, and my availability.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what did you do   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Applied for the job online then got a call from them about 2 days after. Had a quick phone interview then was asked to come for a interview with the supervisor the next day. Interview went great, asked several basic questions nothing hard. Was told they would call me the next day and i'm currently waiting.