Best Buy

Average Difficulty
119 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bismarck, ND

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. Phone interview: asked for availability, can you work Black Friday/Days before & after Christmas (automatic NO if you said you couldn't). 2nd Interview with one of the store's supervisors, very basic interview questions. Last interview with the general manager about store expectations, goals, sales expectations, wage. Offered the job on the spot. Once you are hired you had a 4 hour long meeting with one of the supervisors where you sat and listened to them talk about Best Buy, its history, watch videos. Horrible. Then got a tour of the store and back rooms. Before you could do much you had to complete tons of online trainings and most didn't apply since I was a cashier but you had to do them anyway.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how you have gone above and beyond for a customer at a past job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered $7.50 an hour which was more than I was being paid at my previous minimum wage job.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2011.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview. Basic questions, tell me your greatest strength and weakeness, why should I hire you.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to help someone, and it can't be a customer.   View Answer

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – It was pretty straightforward. I had a phone interview with the hiring person, then an interview with a manager, then with the general manager.

Interview Question – Sell me these batteries.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was paid $8.50/hr

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in April 2011.

Interview Details – The back office lead contacted me and did a screening process over the phone. I then met with the GM, and another manager, and I was offered the job the same day.

Interview Question – When was a time you absolutely could not work with your team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, the starting pay was more than I expected/more than minimum wage.

Very Easy Interview

Southfield, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and recieved a phone call the next day. They asked if I could come in 3 hours from then. I came in and talked to one of the floor manager. They asked me questions about why I wanted to work there, where I work now, what I was expecting from the job. Why did I choose this perticular time to apply. He then said that I would meet with the GM the next day.

I talked to the GM, she really did not ask me interview questions. She just wanted to know more about me and she wanted to know what position did I truly want. We spent the next 20 minutes talking about video games and pay.

She offered me the job and said that I have to take a drug test and would start as soon as they recieved the results.

Interview Question – None of the questions were hard. I would say the hardest question would have to deal with my main job and not this one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – applied online through their website, got a call to schedule an interview about 2 weeks later. Scheduled the interview for the next day. Was interviewed by 2 managers and was offered the position on the spot starting at $9.50. They asked me how much I wanted to be paid and I replied I was open. They asked me how much I had made at my previous theater job which was $8 and he offered to pay me $9.50. Friendly interview. They asked why I wanted to work at Best Buy, what experience I had at my previous jobs, what I liked most about those jobs, what I found the hardest, what good customer service is.

Interview Question – asked what my favorite song and movie was.   Answer Question

Downey, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email with an interview date about a week later. I arrived early and they had me along with three others wait for a few minutes before they called us into a back room. It was two workers holding a group interview. They had forms to take notes on each of us when we answered their questions. I personally don't do well during group interviews so I did not have a good experience. Despite telling us to relax and take it easy during the process, I didn't feel comfortable with the employees talking to us. The whole thing was pretty picky for a part time cashier gig. It took us an hour or so to go through 4 questions. At the end they told us if they wanted to continue the interview process with us or not we would receive an email by the end of the week. I received mine that Friday stating they would not continue with me.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you didn't get along with a fellow employee.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I received an email for an interview about a week after i applied. The first interview was with a supervisor and the process was fairly smooth. Then about a week later i did another interview with the general manager which was fairly easy as well she just asked basic questions as well

Interview Question – everything was pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i didnt have to negotiate the starting pay was above what i expected.

Kingston, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Phone interview, second interview with manager, third interview with GM.

Interview Question – Have you ever been asked to do anything unethical?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Got called in for an interview about two days after I applied online.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to pay close attention to detail.   Answer Question