Best Buy Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

2.5

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Apply online first. I applied several times and it took nine months to actually get an interview, when they were about to start hiring for the holidays. (Others in my employee orientation class said they were called for an interview within a few weeks.) The first interview was with the manager from computers/mobile. The second was with the manager from home theater. (This was the position I was applying for.) The third and final was with the general manager. They finally told me that they had a position in the Mobile department if I wanted it. And after job hunting for several months, I took it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Typical questions about theft, sales, getting along with co-workers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating; they gave me what I asked for, which makes me wonder if I should have asked for a little more.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Prepare to answer such as why should we hire you and be able to think about previous experiences bad and good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

Submitted application online and followed up with store. They asked questions about availability and scheduled an interview. Had a total of 3 interviews. First with a supervisor, Second with a manager, and then the final with the store manager. Was offered employment on interview with general manager.

Geek Squad Counter Intelligence Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

After a couple weeks of trying to reach the manager by phone, scheduled an interview. Interview consisted of non-technical questions and were more based on teamwork and achievment (ex. 'What is an example of a time when a member of your team did not pull their weight and how did you handle it?').

Interview Questions

• How would you solve a problem as a team when each member has a different solution?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

3 days, 3 different levels of management. 20 questions each, problem solving.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, very optional.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

Online application was a bit tedious and time consuming. It took me 6 years to get an interview. Luckily I knew someone who recommended me. The interview itself was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself and your selling style in one sentence.   Answer Question

Cashier/Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

My Best Buy interview experience was one of the best I've ever had. I applied online and took the (dreaded) personality test. 2 days later I received a call from a manager requesting that I come in for an interview. During the phone call he also asked me a few questions about why I wanted to work there and such. I arrived 20 minutes early for the in-person interview (a big plus for those of you getting ready for an interview) and I was interviewed about 10 minutes later. Three managers interviewed me together as a panel. All three were super friendly, and made the situation comfortable. They asked some of the typical questions (why do you want to work at Best Buy etc...) but there were also A LOT of situation questions. This wasn't a problem for me because I had prepared for those types of questions and would advise anyone else to do the same. Even if you haven't really had the experience they are asking about, create a hypothetical situation so they get an idea of what you would do. At the end they gave me some feedback, which was helpful- they said I made great eye contact, looked professional, spoke confidently, and they loved that I came early. I was also informed that they would meet with the GM of the store and a few other supervisors, and together they would decide if they would hire me or not. The panel that interviewed me seemed really enthusiastic, so I am hopeful that I will hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you saw a fellow employee handle a customer badly.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question
    • What signals from a customer let you know it is time to close the sale?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to put someone else's needs before your own.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied online without knowing anyone who personally worked at Best Buy. It was right after the holidays. I heard back from the store's HR person (a position that is not typical at the retail locations). She scheduled me for an interview within a couple days with the person who would be my direct supervisor. My first interview, with the direct supervisor, was pretty standard. Questions about how to react to theft, difficult times with a former employee/colleague, difficult times with a customer, strengths, weaknesses, etc. It helped that my direct supervisor was a video game fan, it came up during the interview and we got to talk a bit about video games -- definitely showed him I knew what I was talking about and could hold a conversation with a stranger! From there, my second interview was scheduled with a customer service manager. This interview was more of the same -- but more questions about your background, what you do in your spare time, how you would react to specific customer situations and about your experience/goals. Third and final interview was scheduled with the store manager -- the boss hog! Once you make it to this point, you've pretty much got the job. Supervisors and managers are held responsible if they waste the store manager's time with a prospect that will not fit the culture of Best Buy or make a good salesperson. That's not to say, however, that you can't be rejected at this stage. If you say or do something that the store manager doesn't like he can reject you. However, if your brief interaction with him goes well, expect to be made an offer and to be asked to sign paperwork confirming your employment. After I accepted my offer (which was low for all of my experience, but I needed the job) I was scheduled to begin training/orientation. It was a three day process, held over a weekend. Expect the usual; going over dress code, all of the company acronyms, basic responsibilities, how to clock in and out and tax paperwork. Next, you'll shadow employees in whichever department you work in. I personally worked in computers, digital cameras, MP3s, car audio and gaming. These were the areas I was responsible for, but when you work at Best Buy, be prepared to sell everywhere. Don't know anything about TVs? You'll learn. You'll spend a lot of time taking eLearnings about the various products, services and solutions offered by Best Buy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was offered a low-ball amount and took it because like most others, I needed the job.

Operations Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in July 2009.

Interview

The hiring process is very simple at Best Buy. As long as you pass the online personality assessment you will almost always be called in for an interview. After you take the personality assessment, you will receive a phone interview, assistant manager interview, and finally an interview with the general manager of the store.

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in August 2008.

Interview

Online test. Three interviews with different levels of management.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was tough as long as you have a basic understanding of computers and people.   Answer Question