Best Buy

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

I got the call about the job because an old coworker worked at the store I interviewed at. The magnolia manager called me to come in and talk with him and the home theater manager. I came in, met the managers and went into office to talk. I spent an hour and a half talking with them. After that, they said they had some more interviews and had to discuss this with the GM. I wasn't gone 5 minutes before they asked me to come back to talk with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • How would you build a sale of a television to a larger basket   Answer Question
    • What are some of your favorite movies or games to use as demos on TVs   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Can take up to weeks to get called interviewed and hired. Hiring process is based on the district you are applying for and the competence of the Human Resources department. Each district can ask different questions and have a whole different process.

Interview Questions
    • Basic tell me a time when questions. All Behavioral and specific.   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Online application first with questionnaire. Then proceeded by phone interview and then face to face interview with store manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to drive additional business into the store?   Answer Question
    Through store manager with e-mail for electronic signature for acceptance of position with pay information included.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Best Buy.

Had to go through 3 interviews, very unnecessary for a simple sales job at a retail company. Other then that, just the basic process, "why do you want to work for us", what are you passions?, etc. Took a long time for someone to contact me. I guess the store holds the information on file until a spot comes available.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was what do you know about this company? Now its a retail store yes, but they were interested to know if i knew anything from a corporate standpoint, stocks, marketshare, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they offered me a job at near minimum wage, and since i just got out of high school, well it was better then actual minimum wage.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

3 interviews
    One with a supervisor,
    2nd with a sales manager
    3rd with the General manager for the store

Easy interview, just stay positive and be yourself. They do like people with prior technology backgrounds depending on what position you're applying for.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate but only .50 more than what they were offering.

Apple Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

2 interviews. Hiring really increases before holiday season. First interview was with department supervisor. Second was with GM of the store. Job offer right there after GM interview. They basically look for enthusiastic and charismatic people. Interview was mostly getting to know you as a person.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to sell something on the spot. (No prior sales experience). Brain storm some ideas prior to interview, nothing fancy. You will go through sales experience anyways if you are hired.   Answer Question
    Know what retail associates in the area make. Be able to speak to what you offer that makes you worth moe than their offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

It was very straight forward. No trick questions, just asking why I wanted to work at Best Buy. I was open and honest about having a passion for video games which seemed to interest them greatly.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if I caught an customer stealing merchandise.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable, the pay wasn't negotiable though they told me after the season was over I would receive a raise. They told me not to worry, if I do a good job I would be kept.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in May 2013.

Asked very general questions about teamwork, why you want to work here, best attributes. Was given a description about jobs and duties. After meeting with the store manager, he set up a followup interview with the district manager, who proceeded to ask the same questions again and then told me he will give me a call if anything comes back, which means a no.

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

The process is very simple. From the phone interview to the General Manager interview. Over all the ask the same questions so if you remember your answers you'll be golden. Also when they ask, stealing is always bad.

Interview Questions
    • Any of the "Describe a time.." questions.   View Answer

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in February 2013.

Phone interview with HR first, then an in store meeting with the DCI and store manager. A Series of questions involving mainly customer service and sales, and very few things about computers themselves.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you with sales and where else in Best Buy could you see yourself?   Answer Question