Best Buy

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Memphis, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in April 2013.

Interview Details – They call, you sit, if they like you, you get called again.

Interview Question – None, all common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for 2 dollars more an hour and sold myself with knowledge of the company goals and objectives. Always best to research a company your looking at.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

Interview Details – Dept. manager 1 on 1. Offered seasonal employment on the spot. No salary negotiations.

Interview Question – Why you would want to work here.......   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just go in and be yourself. And by yourself, I mean someone else.

Pasadena, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2010.

Interview Details – There are three interviews stages. Generally, if they call you for a second interview, you're hired. The questions are pretty general interview questions, such as "How are you qualified for the position you're applying for?" and "Why should we hire you for the position?"

Interview Question – How are you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2011.

Interview Details – went to the store talked to the loss prevention guy at the front door, and let him know i was there for an interview. A few minutes later I met the manager who would be interviewing me. Seemed like a nice guy was friendly, but we basically jumped right into the formal part of the interview. After answering a few questions about different scenarios(honestly I bs'd my way through most of the questions) he asked how I would sell a laptop. I have a bit of retail experience so i went through the basic questions. What can I help you with today? What will you be using this computer for? Will anyone else be using it? Do you have a computer now? what did/didn't you like about it? after that we had a few more questions and he informed me he would be hiring me. I know a few people who work at best buy and they said they all had to go through two in store interviews but this was the only one I had to do. He then gave me a bunch of papers to go to a local drug test place and told me as soon as that was done he could then bring me in for training.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I put a lower number than I would have liked on the application just because I wasn't sure what they paid. He just offered me what i put down and that was pretty much it.

Aventura, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

Interview Details – Had initial phone interview with HR, then it took them a while to get back to me. I came in and they said they had two jobs they were hiring for, so I would be meeting with two different teams. I had 30-45 minute interview with 4 different people. It took them a few weeks before they wrapped up their process and I received my offer

Interview Question – Why did you miss the deadline?   View Answer

Springfield, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online on August 31 2010. Got a call from one of the managers 1 week later but missed it. Had to play phone tag until Friday September 10. The manager saw that I applied for a cashier or customer service position but saw on my application that I am majoring in Information Technology. She asked if I'd like to work in computer sales instead. I said sure. She scheduled me for an interview Sunday September 12 with a department manager (second interview). I was very nervous during this interview but I came dressed up and was half an hour early which the interviewer appreciated. (The other applicant didn't even show up!) Like I said, I was very nervous and didn't think I did well. I got a call for the final (third) interview on Wednesday September 15. I was scheduled to be interviewed the next day, Thursday September 16. The General Manager and the Hiring Manager were present. After this interview I was offered the job on the spot. Have my drug test today.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of your way for a customer.   View Answer
  • What would you do if you saw a fellow employee stealing?
    What do you think we should do with them?
    Should we prosecute them?
      View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Easy personality interview. My selection process took 2 passes: the first with a first line manager and the second with the GM.

They're looking for outgoing people to who can communicate well, so focus on telling stories that allow you to show your colors. They'll pretty much take any outgoing person. No real knowledge in the field in necessary.

Interview Question – Not exactly unexpected, but a random sales role play with the general manager can catch you off guard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Computer Sales interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.