Best Buy Computer Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.1

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 stage interview,

first you have to take this online "personality assessment" the secret to doing well on that is, you have to select strongly agree or strongly disagree because if you don't, you won't pass the test.

next you have 3 stage interview

first interview is with supervisor of department you are seeking interview (computers, home theatre, appliance)

second interview is with middle management (manager of department)

Last interview is with GM of store.

they do drug test and background check also.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you had to overcome and how you went about it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Pretty simple, mostly centered around customer service and how to offer a complete bundle or solution to accommodate a customer's needs, as well as ensuring to add value by offering a best buy protection plan of some sort

Interview Questions

• What would you offer a customer looking to upgrade their computer because it's outdated and slow?   Answer Question

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Very basic past customer service experience questions, also if I felt comfortable filling out a CRW
    ( Customer Review Sheet). They also asked if I was comfortable with selling geek squad protection along with the computers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Had 3 different interviews. 1st with HT supervisor where I originally applied, who then set me up with the Computer dept manager a few days later, then Operations manager immediately after. Offered job on the spot by Operations manager for computer dept. where I was better suited given what I'm studying.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   1 Answer

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in May 2015.

Interview

It was an easy process, at least for me, they go by a set few questions followed by a few off the paper questions that they feel fit. I ended up speaking to the sales manager then went straight to the GM of the store, had a back to back interview, and was given the job on the spot. Quite delightful if I do say so myself.

Interview Questions

• How to Deal with an angry customer/how to make a sale to someone/ etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I saw the posting on Indeed and applied (for like, the 6th time) and I got a call back from the HR rep about 5 days later, on a Sunday morning. She asked me 2 questions, what was my availability and if I had experience in customer service. She then scheduled an interview for Thursday. I went on Thursday, and met with the Asst. Store Manager. We had a chill interview, it was more like a conversation than an interview. He asked questions like, "How would I deal with an employee that i didnt get along with" "Describe a time I had to help an irate customer" "Which department would I prefer to work in" (I said either mobile of computer sales) and thats about it. The rest of the interview was more f getting a feel of each other. At the end he said I did a great job and that hes gonna pass my info to the GM. Had that interview the following Monday. The GM was awesome, He asked what does great customer service mean to me, the same questions asked in the previous interview and asked me to sell a netbook to him. This interview lasted about 25 minutes and he said that he was conducting more interviews that day and that I would hear something within 24 hours. The next day (Tuesday) around 1pm I received an offer of $10.75, but I negotiated to 11.00 to round it off (10.75 is weird to me, idk lol) Luckily she accepted! Consented to background check and received e-mail for drug test the same day, did the drug test today and I start on Sunday! Painless process, just emphasize the importance of product knowledge and show that you have a great personality and that you're well rounded, and the job is yours!!!

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

Application

interviewed at Best Buy (Union City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

When I first got there, you have to ask the person who greets everyone that you're there for an interview. Then they call their supervisors and you wait til you get called. I had my first interview in a room in front of the checkout lanes. The first question I was asked was why I was interested in best buy. Then I was asked about my past work experiences dealing with people. What are my strengths, weaknesses. How do you work with a teammates etc. After my interview ended they called me later that day for a second interview which I had with the store manager. The second interview was almost the same as the first with the questions asked but I was asked about my prior work experience and asked to explain what I do. This interview took place in the home theatre section of the store. Basically once you get to this second interview you are basically offered the job. All is left if you are able to meet their hourly demands as I learned that you can't get a M-F 9-5 job and the work schedule is usually flexible and never fixed.

Interview Questions

I was offered the job but they wanted me to work during Black Friday. I had already made previous arrangements for Black Friday and wasn't able to work on those days. Therefor I wasn't able to accept the job at the moment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Hartford, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial interview on the phone in response to questionnaire on line by someone with one year experience followed by in person with assistant manager in depth followed by store manager with several other persons.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Bend, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty much just standard interview questions, "Tell us about a time when.......and how did you handle it?" They should ask more role playing type questions. "Let's say I'm a customer and I came in looking for (simple device request), what would you recommend?" Also 3 interviews is too many for a minimum wage job.

Interview Questions

• Tell about about a time when a customer came to you looking for something complicated, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Best Buy (El Paso, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was very smooth and awesome. Didn't feel scared or pressured during question that were asked. Had a phone call that same day of applying online. Went to the interview next day with a group of people. Had a 1 on 1 with the Assistant Mange and with GM.

Interview Questions

• What is it that makes you a great sales person?   1 Answer