Best Buy Computer Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I saw the posting on Indeed and applied (for like, the 6th time) and I got a call back from the HR rep about 5 days later, on a Sunday morning. She asked me 2 questions, what was my availability and if I had experience in customer service. She then scheduled an interview for Thursday. I went on Thursday, and met with the Asst. Store Manager. We had a chill interview, it was more like a conversation than an interview. He asked questions like, "How would I deal with an employee that i didnt get along with" "Describe a time I had to help an irate customer" "Which department would I prefer to work in" (I said either mobile of computer sales) and thats about it. The rest of the interview was more f getting a feel of each other. At the end he said I did a great job and that hes gonna pass my info to the GM. Had that interview the following Monday. The GM was awesome, He asked what does great customer service mean to me, the same questions asked in the previous interview and asked me to sell a netbook to him. This interview lasted about 25 minutes and he said that he was conducting more interviews that day and that I would hear something within 24 hours. The next day (Tuesday) around 1pm I received an offer of $10.75, but I negotiated to 11.00 to round it off (10.75 is weird to me, idk lol) Luckily she accepted! Consented to background check and received e-mail for drug test the same day, did the drug test today and I start on Sunday! Painless process, just emphasize the importance of product knowledge and show that you have a great personality and that you're well rounded, and the job is yours!!!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

Application

interviewed at Best Buy (Union City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

When I first got there, you have to ask the person who greets everyone that you're there for an interview. Then they call their supervisors and you wait til you get called. I had my first interview in a room in front of the checkout lanes. The first question I was asked was why I was interested in best buy. Then I was asked about my past work experiences dealing with people. What are my strengths, weaknesses. How do you work with a teammates etc. After my interview ended they called me later that day for a second interview which I had with the store manager. The second interview was almost the same as the first with the questions asked but I was asked about my prior work experience and asked to explain what I do. This interview took place in the home theatre section of the store. Basically once you get to this second interview you are basically offered the job. All is left if you are able to meet their hourly demands as I learned that you can't get a M-F 9-5 job and the work schedule is usually flexible and never fixed.

Interview Questions

I was offered the job but they wanted me to work during Black Friday. I had already made previous arrangements for Black Friday and wasn't able to work on those days. Therefor I wasn't able to accept the job at the moment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Hartford, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial interview on the phone in response to questionnaire on line by someone with one year experience followed by in person with assistant manager in depth followed by store manager with several other persons.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy (Mesquite, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online got a phone call 4 days later asking was I still interested in the job and they set up the interview. The first interview went great asked me mostly past experience work related questions. I answered just about every question they had for me within like the first 3 questions. So every question was really repeated multiple times. The last interview was good really the same questions asked just make sure you tell them stealing is not tolerated and any employee caught should be terminated.

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied and it literally took took them the next day to call and setup my interview. I recieved two interview and got the job on my second interview. I got interview by 3 managers my first time. the second time the Genral manager interview me and he loved my personality and hired me right then and there.

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Pretty standard process. You apply for a position online, then they call you up for an interview. Usually you go through two interviews. One with the manager, then another one with the GM. The interview questions weren't out of the ordinary. They mostly ask you hypothetical/experience questions such as "talk about a time when a customer acted rude. How did you react?". They don't really ask a whole lot of questions about your product knowledge. They might ask about your experience with technology, but they won't go into great detail.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to juggle multiple tasks. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation over pay. You can certainly negotiate over the department you will work in, as long as there is an opening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Usually a 3-tier interviewing process. Typical questions include: Describe a time when.... , Tell me about yourself, What makes you qualified, What are your strengths and weaknesses... etc.

First interview was with my immediate supervisor, then a manager, then the store's general manager. During the second interview the questions became repetitive and so did my answers, but I got a call for the third interview later that day, so my answers must have been adequate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The low-balled the pay rate. I simply asked for more and they spoke with a payroll manager and it was approved.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy (Toledo, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Basic questions about background and they simple why you want to work here. A couple other questions about customers and difficulties, they called me about an online application but when I arrived I found it to be a walk-in hiring day. Sales manager did interview answered questions but did not seem thrilled about hiring people. I was told I would hear in two days if they were interested. I hold a Master's Degree and a computer certificate, never heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a time I had to work with people I didn't get along with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Louisville, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

Online questions
    Two in persone interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a mobile phone to a new costumer   1 Answer

Pay

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

Apply online, take online assessment, get phone call, interview in group, introduce yourself, get second call, meet GM, interview with GM talk about pay, offered job, take drug test, start job.