Best Buy

1.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

interviewed at Best Buy in November 2014.

When I first got there, you have to ask the person who greets everyone that you're there for an interview. Then they call their supervisors and you wait til you get called. I had my first interview in a room in front of the checkout lanes. The first question I was asked was why I was interested in best buy. Then I was asked about my past work experiences dealing with people. What are my strengths, weaknesses. How do you work with a teammates etc. After my interview ended they called me later that day for a second interview which I had with the store manager. The second interview was almost the same as the first with the questions asked but I was asked about my prior work experience and asked to explain what I do. This interview took place in the home theatre section of the store. Basically once you get to this second interview you are basically offered the job. All is left if you are able to meet their hourly demands as I learned that you can't get a M-F 9-5 job and the work schedule is usually flexible and never fixed.

Interview Questions

I was offered the job but they wanted me to work during Black Friday. I had already made previous arrangements for Black Friday and wasn't able to work on those days. Therefor I wasn't able to accept the job at the moment

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

Applied online got a phone call 4 days later asking was I still interested in the job and they set up the interview. The first interview went great asked me mostly past experience work related questions. I answered just about every question they had for me within like the first 3 questions. So every question was really repeated multiple times. The last interview was good really the same questions asked just make sure you tell them stealing is not tolerated and any employee caught should be terminated.

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

I applied and it literally took took them the next day to call and setup my interview. I recieved two interview and got the job on my second interview. I got interview by 3 managers my first time. the second time the Genral manager interview me and he loved my personality and hired me right then and there.

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Pretty standard process. You apply for a position online, then they call you up for an interview. Usually you go through two interviews. One with the manager, then another one with the GM. The interview questions weren't out of the ordinary. They mostly ask you hypothetical/experience questions such as "talk about a time when a customer acted rude. How did you react?". They don't really ask a whole lot of questions about your product knowledge. They might ask about your experience with technology, but they won't go into great detail.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had to juggle multiple tasks. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation over pay. You can certainly negotiate over the department you will work in, as long as there is an opening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Usually a 3-tier interviewing process. Typical questions include: Describe a time when.... , Tell me about yourself, What makes you qualified, What are your strengths and weaknesses... etc.

First interview was with my immediate supervisor, then a manager, then the store's general manager. During the second interview the questions became repetitive and so did my answers, but I got a call for the third interview later that day, so my answers must have been adequate.

Interview Questions
    The low-balled the pay rate. I simply asked for more and they spoke with a payroll manager and it was approved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in May 2014.

Basic questions about background and they simple why you want to work here. A couple other questions about customers and difficulties, they called me about an online application but when I arrived I found it to be a walk-in hiring day. Sales manager did interview answered questions but did not seem thrilled about hiring people. I was told I would hear in two days if they were interested. I hold a Master's Degree and a computer certificate, never heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about a time I had to work with people I didn't get along with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in April 2014.

Online questions
    Two in persone interviews

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a mobile phone to a new costumer   View Answer

Pay

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Apply online, take online assessment, get phone call, interview in group, introduce yourself, get second call, meet GM, interview with GM talk about pay, offered job, take drug test, start job.

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Applied in store at bestbuy.com

Interview Questions
    • If you had a team member that dis regarded bestbuy values what would you do to correct the team member and motivate them   View Answer
    Negotiated pay and hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

The first interview is with your potential supervisor and with the department manager. They ask you normal questions about you and about the work you have done. They also ask you about hypothetical work place situations. The second time is with the General Manager and its more of that person talking with you to see what type of person you are and to see how much you really want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the penalty for an associate shop lifting should be?   Answer Question