Best Buy

Average Difficulty
44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – 3 step process. phone interview, roundtable interview and then a 1 on 1

Interview Question – pretty average interview question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was pretty easy going

Westbury, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

Interview Details – received a call after two weeks after my app, then got a interview the next day. Met with the manager of the department that i was looking to work for. Got a interview with him. then had another interview with the General Manager. as soon as i was done with both interviews, they told me i got the job

Interview Question – What can you do for this company?. What shops do you like to shop at?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they were straight forward to the point.. "soooo 9.25?' me "can we make it 9.50?' . OK.

Alabaster, AL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – Went through a series of 3 interviews. The first time was on 3 separate days the second time was on 2 separate days, so I had 2 interviews back to back. They weren't anything hard or difficult about them. I just had to tell about myself, what I do, why interested in the posistion and answer i couple of questions about the department.

Negotiation Details – I had experience in the tech field and I worked their (at a different location) previously so I asked for a slightly higher pay than someone with no experience.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Howell, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview started out with a call to come in. When I went in I was interviewed by one of the assistant managers who asked me very simple questions like what should happen to someone who steals? etc. I answered everything correctly and within the next 5 minutes I interviewed with the main store manager who asked me the same questions. I was then offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to help someone, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Mishawaka, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process itself was great. Everyone was friendly and very thorough. The hiring process was slightly worse. They took forever to call me back after submitting my profile during a "hiring immediately" time, and that was AFTER I called them 5 times to see if anyone had looked at my application.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions were asked. They were all really simple and to-the-point.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They accepted my initial negotiation for hourly pay, which was 9.00.
If they offer you a job, don't bother. I've heard it's gotten worse since I left. Almost all of the people that were there when I was have since left.

Very Easy Interview

McKinney, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

Interview Details – Went in for interview with manager of computers/mobile/etc., we literally sat there and talked about Big Tex being burned down, she told me I was good to go to the next interview, waited for an hour for the GM to get there, when he did it was another thirty minutes for him to actually interview me. When he did, he read from a script and filled in blanks with my answers.

Interview Question – All the cliche "Why should we hire you" stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was supposed to be transferred into Geek Squad (I actually have a technical background, unlike half of them) after the holiday season ended, got transferred to Best Buy Mobile instead.

Computing Specialist Interview

Computing Specialist
Edwardsville, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I recieved a phone call 3 days after I applied online. The recruiter called me and set me up with a preliminary phone interview. 2 days after that I recieved the call and answered basic questions regarding my interest in the position, as well as experience. She set me up with an interview the following week with a manager which was then followed by another one with the general manager.

Interview Question – The manager asked me to sell a pen.   Answer Question

Computer Specialist

I applied in-person and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – The first interview was a phone interview, maybe about 15-20 minutes, very basic getting to know you questions. The next interview was actually a group interview, and in the end you had to sell yourself in front of everybody.

Interview Question – There are a handful of you in this room, if I had only 1 position, why should I pick you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Clearwater, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2011.

Interview Details – Just general customer service questions what do you do when an employee steals was one. Customer is mad outside of return policy what do you do? Customer theft what do you
Do?

Interview Question – Do you want a career path with BB?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None there start off pay is flat unless you have experience and lots of it

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interviews are very formal, you really just need to sell yourself as a person to get a job

Interview Question – explain past experiences or to describe how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Computer Specialist interview questions and advice. All 44 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.