Best Buy

2.2

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Took a week or two to hear from them . Said they would email you if your a good pick for the job . But more then likely that means they want too hire someone else i think .

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

3 step process. phone interview, roundtable interview and then a 1 on 1

Interview Questions
    it was pretty easy going

Computing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edwardsville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edwardsville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

I recieved a phone call 3 days after I applied online. The recruiter called me and set me up with a preliminary phone interview. 2 days after that I recieved the call and answered basic questions regarding my interest in the position, as well as experience. She set me up with an interview the following week with a manager which was then followed by another one with the general manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alabaster, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alabaster, AL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Went through a series of 3 interviews. The first time was on 3 separate days the second time was on 2 separate days, so I had 2 interviews back to back. They weren't anything hard or difficult about them. I just had to tell about myself, what I do, why interested in the posistion and answer i couple of questions about the department.

I had experience in the tech field and I worked their (at a different location) previously so I asked for a slightly higher pay than someone with no experience.

Computer Specialist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Best Buy.

The first interview was a phone interview, maybe about 15-20 minutes, very basic getting to know you questions. The next interview was actually a group interview, and in the end you had to sell yourself in front of everybody.

Interview Questions
    • There are a handful of you in this room, if I had only 1 position, why should I pick you?   Answer Question

Computer Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

two interviews by the store manager. they ask basic questions about customer service and past experiences with customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

received a call after two weeks after my app, then got a interview the next day. Met with the manager of the department that i was looking to work for. Got a interview with him. then had another interview with the General Manager. as soon as i was done with both interviews, they told me i got the job

Interview Questions
    • What can you do for this company?. What shops do you like to shop at?   View Answer
    they were straight forward to the point.. "soooo 9.25?' me "can we make it 9.50?' . OK.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Was called probably about 3 days after applying. Had a brief phone interview - more about my background more than asking about the company or anything. Got to the interview early and was told to sit by geek squad until my interview was ready. Chatted with the geek squad techs for a bit. Was called back into the break room and was interviewed by the general manager and the assistant manager. They both were really down to earth and were joking around a lot, made the interview a lot more relaxed. They also kept asking me questions about things that had nothing to do with the interview, but just my opinions on little side track conversations that they were having - I'm sure it was testing how outgoing I am. Then they traded off asking me questions about certain scenarios and just about how I handed situations in past work experiences. They called me that night to tell me that they would have hired me if I had more time to work (I was just looking for a summer job). I think I got to skip the 2nd in person interview since the general manager was already sitting in on my interview. They offered to call a Best Buy near my University and tell them that I would be a good hire.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of computer would you try to sell to a college student with no experience in computers?   View Answer

They offered me a job near my university instead of my hometown for the summer. I only had time during the summer, so I declined.

Computer Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Initial application online consists on lifestyle questions and scenarios. Once you pass they call you for an interview. You have 3 interviews for your position, 1. Phone interview, 2. Manager interview, 3. GM interview.

Interview Questions
    Not any negotiation process, next step was drug test.

Computer Specialist Interview

Hiring process was long but easy. Required a drug test which took about a month for official confirmation. Took 3 interviews and on the last interview you speak with the general manager of the store. The last interview is when you find out how much the general manager is willing to pay you.

Interview Questions
    • Which department would you like to work in. If we didn't have that department available which other 2 departments would you be wiling to work in.   Answer Question