Best Buy Computing Specialist Interview Questions

2.2

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Took a week or two to hear from them . Said they would email you if your a good pick for the job . But more then likely that means they want too hire someone else i think .

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

3 step process. phone interview, roundtable interview and then a 1 on 1

Interview Questions
    it was pretty easy going

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

received a call after two weeks after my app, then got a interview the next day. Met with the manager of the department that i was looking to work for. Got a interview with him. then had another interview with the General Manager. as soon as i was done with both interviews, they told me i got the job

Interview Questions
    • What can you do for this company?. What shops do you like to shop at?   View Answer
    they were straight forward to the point.. "soooo 9.25?' me "can we make it 9.50?' . OK.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alabaster, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alabaster, AL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Went through a series of 3 interviews. The first time was on 3 separate days the second time was on 2 separate days, so I had 2 interviews back to back. They weren't anything hard or difficult about them. I just had to tell about myself, what I do, why interested in the posistion and answer i couple of questions about the department.

I had experience in the tech field and I worked their (at a different location) previously so I asked for a slightly higher pay than someone with no experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Howell, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howell, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2010.

The interview started out with a call to come in. When I went in I was interviewed by one of the assistant managers who asked me very simple questions like what should happen to someone who steals? etc. I answered everything correctly and within the next 5 minutes I interviewed with the main store manager who asked me the same questions. I was then offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to help someone, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mishawaka, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2012.

The interview process itself was great. Everyone was friendly and very thorough. The hiring process was slightly worse. They took forever to call me back after submitting my profile during a "hiring immediately" time, and that was AFTER I called them 5 times to see if anyone had looked at my application.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions were asked. They were all really simple and to-the-point.   Answer Question
    They accepted my initial negotiation for hourly pay, which was 9.00.
    If they offer you a job, don't bother. I've heard it's gotten worse since I left. Almost all of the people that were there when I was have since left.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McKinney, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

Went in for interview with manager of computers/mobile/etc., we literally sat there and talked about Big Tex being burned down, she told me I was good to go to the next interview, waited for an hour for the GM to get there, when he did it was another thirty minutes for him to actually interview me. When he did, he read from a script and filled in blanks with my answers.

Interview Questions
    Was supposed to be transferred into Geek Squad (I actually have a technical background, unlike half of them) after the holiday season ended, got transferred to Best Buy Mobile instead.

Computing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edwardsville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edwardsville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

I recieved a phone call 3 days after I applied online. The recruiter called me and set me up with a preliminary phone interview. 2 days after that I recieved the call and answered basic questions regarding my interest in the position, as well as experience. She set me up with an interview the following week with a manager which was then followed by another one with the general manager.

Computer Specialist Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Best Buy.

The first interview was a phone interview, maybe about 15-20 minutes, very basic getting to know you questions. The next interview was actually a group interview, and in the end you had to sell yourself in front of everybody.

Interview Questions
    • There are a handful of you in this room, if I had only 1 position, why should I pick you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2011.

Just general customer service questions what do you do when an employee steals was one. Customer is mad outside of return policy what do you do? Customer theft what do you
    Do?

Interview Questions
    None there start off pay is flat unless you have experience and lots of it

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!