Best Buy

2.7

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

The general manager emailed me saying she had seen my resume on Indeed.com, asking me for an interview. I said yes, and got a phone call from an assistant manager on Saturday afternoon. Who calls on a Saturday? I had the interview Wednesday of the same week. He said I would be interviewing with the GM and that he put it on her calendar, but when I got there she was at lunch. So I interviewed with yet another assistant manager, who didn't even work in the customer service section. He didn't seem particularly interested in having to do an interview. He asked the list of questions off his sheet and wrote a lot of what I said. He really didn't ask any follow up questions or give much feedback. The whole thing lasted maybe 10 minutes. He said that they had 3 more interviews that day to do and that I would get an email. I did a couple days later informing me of my rejection. Questions were basic, like Why Best Buy? and Tell me about an upset customer and how you dealt with it.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about an upset customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

It was not that complicated. Apply online. Pass the test. Call about an interview, or wait for them to call you. Go to the interview. Be truthful and know why you want to work there.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

friendly interviewers, streamlined process to get all paperwork and drug test completed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in May 2013.

Was called a few weeks after applying online. Had a short phone interview that was basically "do you still want this job?" Was invited to a standard interview with a store manager. Went to the interview, the manager I spoke to was nice, and he read a very simple and straight-forward paper of questions regarding my previous experience and why I felt qualified for the job. He seemed confident in my abilities and invited me to have another interview with the regional manager. The regional manager was very concerned with my sales abilities and decided against hiring me because of their strict sales policies.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you think working at Best Buy will be different from your previous sales job?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

After applying online, i was contacted by phone in just two days. I wasn't aware but the phone call was an impromptu interview of about 4 questions. Such as if you're still interested in working for us, would you be available right away, and can you work weekends. After they are satisfied, they will you usually call you back later, either immediately or within a couple days. When you're in-store for the interview, you will usually be with one manager who asks what you would do if you had an angry customer, what would you do about employee fraud/theft how would you handle this situation, or that situation etc. If they like you, they will have the gm or store manager come in to see you. This may be immediately or again in a couple days (immediately if you're interviewing for holidays positions, later if its any other time of year). The gm asks a few more questions but is generally pulled in because they want to hire you, and then they go over your pay and when they will hire you from there.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions. They are easier than you think! Go with your gut.   Answer Question
    This is where i wish i had argued my starting wage a little more. It's really your only opportunity, because after that yearly raises are never over 50 cents. And they flat out tell you the best way to get paid more is to get a promotion. Their hands must be tied on metrics and numbers from up above on this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2012.

it was very easy process, at first i had a phone interview, a lady called me and asked me few questions, why Best Buy, what experience you have, what department you prefer to work, after I passed the phone interview she sat a time for face to face interview, 2 days later i went to the store and had my interview, the guy that did the interview was really cool and very kind guy and he really like all of my answers, most of the question were about the experience !
    he asked me 6 questions
    Tell me abt yourself, your work experience and why you choose best buy.
    what you Really like about Best Buy !
    name a time when you worked in a group.
    name a time when your were really effective in your group.
    name a time when you went beyond for a customer.
    name a time when you helped an angry customer.
    name a time when you worked in an area wich you didnt have any previous information about it.
    It was very easy and friendly interview and he told me that my answers were great, he Highlighted my name for the Store manager and I have my next interview on Friday !

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when your were really effective at your work !   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in September 2012.

Applied and got a call back a couple days later. They gave me an interview with a manager. I was very friendly and always smiled. After the first interview I got a call back a few hours later, telling me to interview with the GM. Had to pass drug and background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2011.

They called me up asked if i could make it in i said yes. I went in that day, sat down with a manager and someone else they asked me the basic questions and i never heard back from them. He told me hed rather put me in Geek Squad but had no openings at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2011.

I was asked scenario based questions that mostly dealt with integrity in the workplace. Example, should an employee be reported for taking a stick of gum. I was also asked about my previous job experience, how I deal with conflict and why do I want to work for this company.

Interview Questions
    Just tell them what you want. Be honest from the beginning

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2011.

I first had a phone interview and was asked to come in for an interview. Went to that one. She asked basic customer service questions. She emphasized a lot on how best buy is all about customer service and getting the customers to come back. At the end of the interview, she offered me the position and said I will be meeting with the GM to confirm everything. I met with the GM and he asked me questions about if I saw a friend stealing what would I do? The answer they want is that you would rat them out. GM offered me the position and told me to do a drug test and I will get a call when the results came in.

Interview Questions
    • how would you respond to an upset customer?   View Answer
    The GM asked me about my pay and I told him anything higher than my last job and he offered a dollar more.