Best Buy Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly casual. Mostly just basic questions (how do you handle high-stress environments), be sure to give some detailed/variety of examples. Dressed business casual (polo shirt, slacks). Met with the manager, was super friendly and felt relaxed. Didn't feel overwhelmed. Went for about 20 minutes or so. Good interview experience if anything.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as important in a team?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

First interview was simple, waited in the employee break room for a few minutes and then moved into another room for the interview. Basic interview questions, and a few situational questions. If you have worked in a similar retail environment before, than it should be easy to come up with answers to the questions by sharing specific stories from your last few jobs. Advice is to be articulate, I received positive interview feedback for doing this.

Interview Questions

• What were you most successful at your last job?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a line of customers when the store opened and you were by yourself?   Answer Question
    • What was the least favorite thing for you about the duties of your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have experience in retail, always negotiate your pay. $12

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was simple and straightforward. I was greeted warmly by two lead team members and given an application form to fill up. The noteworthy questions on this form were, what's your minimum salary expectation, why best buy and what qualifies you to work at Best Buy. I was then interviewed by the store's General Manager with your usual interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Best Buy, a difficult customer you experienced, a time you exceeded a customer's expectation, a time you put your own needs/goals aside to facilitate a greater good........   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Canoga Park, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly but told me from the beginning that all his questions were standard questions that they have asked everyone. He had a packet and each page had a questing. He'd ask a questions and then I had to wait for him to write down my answer. Most of the questions were regarding customer service. Very generic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Spoke on the phone with someone, then was asked to come in for an in person interview. took a test to see if i passed for that position. The general manager was nice and friendly as was the in store manager. Interviewed by both. Did not take the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Fort Smith, AR) in February 2015.

Interview

Well I applied for the Customer Service Specialist and I ended up getting Mobile Sales Consultant! the manager we're super nice and laid back. You can tell they actually cared for their employees and want the best of people to work there. This was my first real interview and they really helped me not get nervous or anything.

Interview Questions

• They asked me basic questions like What would you do in his situation? If you see an employee stealing what do you do? -Say tell the manager. Then they ask what should that employee get for stealing- Say they should be fired. Its kind of a make or break question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 days . applied online . got called in the next day for an interview. A day later found out I didn't get the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The manager was very professional, clean, neat and polite. He used excellent grammar during the interview process. I was asked about myself and then the usual interview questions. At no time during the interview did I feel uncomfortable, after it was over he advised me that I would receive a phone call whether I was hired or not. I was called the very next day and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO negotiations

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty light, no pressure and the employees were friendly. If you get there at the time they give you your interview, they'll call you fast. The time interval of the interview is very fair and so are the questions they ask.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where your register came short?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward inicial interview. Applied online for a specific opening then received a call to schedule an interview. It began on time and lasted about 20 minutes and was told I would be notified within 72 hours if they chose someone else or what I had to do for the second step of the interview (seemed like mostly paperwork and probably drug testing)

Interview Questions

• in your previos job how did you deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • What did you like and didn't like about your previous job?   Answer Question