Best Buy

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – I was hired on right on spot and i wasn't given much training. More so learn as you go environment.

Interview Question – How can you be an asset to this company?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – You normally go through a three interview process and have to pass the online test in order to be scheduled for a first interview. Things that stand out on online application are past work experience, availability is a plus especially on the weekends Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Interview Question – As a hiring manager many applicants didn't know how to explain a past experience in regards to the best customer service ever given or received or a time they had a difficult person to deal with and how they handled it.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

Interview Details – it was in 2007- passed a phone screen, then was brought to campus for a face to face 1x1 interview. Arrive early, give yourself time for heavy traffic/ parking and walking to campus. know the brand values, found on the website. Have high energy, and focus on the customers needs.

Interview Question – Pretend I am an an angry customer- dialogue with me right now   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation took place, i accepted the offer, which was a little over the initial posting.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fullerton, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2009.

Interview Details – You get 3 interviews before you pass or fail: supervisor, then manager, then general manager of the store. The supervisor and manager are pretty much about business and what they want to hear is growing the business and how you will contribute to that. The general manager interview is more in depth and personal. He or she will ask about what YOU expect from your manager and position, which pretty much they want you to say something like "someone who will help me grow and develop and utilize my skills". Don't say anything dumb like "a cool manager". Then you're set.

Interview Question – They ask a lot of scenario questions but they are pretty simple such as "what would you do if you saw your coworker take someone's lunch or steal money from a register?" or "what you do and say when a customer is yelling at you and getting angry?".   View Answer

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Interview Details – The process was pretty much like everyone else said, except I never got a phone interview, just the Manager and General Manager.

For the manager interview he was training another lady on how to interview so I was kind of the guinea pig. They both asked alot of the usual questions about previous work experience and some roleplaying questions.

The General Manager interview was more focused on what I'd be doing at customer service.

Interview Question – The roleplaying of what I would do if someone tried to return a computer was weird.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for $9.50 an hour and he asked if I thought I was worth that, and I said yes. He then proceeded to tell me that he'd be paying me more than that, at $11.50 an hour. Which was insane and of course I accepted.

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2011.

Interview Details – interview was with 1 of the 3 store managers, then second round was with the head store manager.

Interview Question – Do you like that you will be working as a seasonal worker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing could be negotiated.

Orange, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2009.

Interview Details – it was okay

Interview Question – have you ever decline to service a customer?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process were during the same day but with three different managers.
two sales floor managers and the store manager

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw an employee steal?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a first job and starting pay was very good.

Mission Viejo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2011.

Interview Details – A phone call will proceed anything involving Best Buy. Then a meeting with the department supervisor of which you are trying to apply for, then a call back to a second and usually at the same time third interview, second being with the department manager and third being the store manager. Questions pertaining to the certain departments are almost mandatory, general tech questions are also included, and some role plays with ethics such as stealing

Interview Question – Role Playing with the manager about stealing a coke during the night shift was strange   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had asked for $12.50, but Thats always an overshoot so I can see how much I can get over minimum wage

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was a virtual group interview, your participation meant something in the process allegedly. It was about 2 hours long.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult question for me   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation, the rate was $9.00/hr.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.