Best Buy

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.3

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

The manager was very professional, clean, neat and polite. He used excellent grammar during the interview process. I was asked about myself and then the usual interview questions. At no time during the interview did I feel uncomfortable, after it was over he advised me that I would receive a phone call whether I was hired or not. I was called the very next day and accepted the position.

NO negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2014.

Interview was pretty light, no pressure and the employees were friendly. If you get there at the time they give you your interview, they'll call you fast. The time interval of the interview is very fair and so are the questions they ask.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation where your register came short?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

Very straight forward inicial interview. Applied online for a specific opening then received a call to schedule an interview. It began on time and lasted about 20 minutes and was told I would be notified within 72 hours if they chose someone else or what I had to do for the second step of the interview (seemed like mostly paperwork and probably drug testing)

Interview Questions
    • in your previos job how did you deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • What did you like and didn't like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

Overall I had a very negative experience. Was left waiting for 30 minutes despite arriving on time while they interviewed someone else. They then got my name wrong. Great start. The interview actually went very well, the same questions you see on here where asked and I got along great with the interviewer. Afterwards I was told I would be called to set up a final interview within the next few days. I let a week pass and heard nothing so I called up and was told they were still conducting interviews for the position. Another week passes, I call, still doing interviews. In the end they strung me along for an entire month before sneakily rejecting me through the job portal website, which you don't even receive a notification for.

Honestly, I'm pretty used to receiving nothing from companies, but the fact that I was told for sure that I would be called for a final interview before never hearing from them again makes me incredibly angry and disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a technical question which was odd as I was only applying for a customer service position, but I have some knowledge of computers so I was able to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Salt Lake, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Salt Lake, UT

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

Depends who you interview with. They hiring manager has a sheet of paper and reads off all the questions to you. If you have very good customer service experience they will hire you. I was lucky and they just hired me during my interview and paid me more then what the other employees were making. It will just depend on who you interview with

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

I applied and got a call back about 3 days later. The HR lead gave me a phone interview and asked me what positions I was interested in, how soon I could work, and why I wanted to work at Best Buy. Then she set up a second interview with a manager who asked the typical tell me about a time questions. I thought I messed up in some of them but he said the interview went well and he wanted to give me an interview with the general manager. The general manager asked similar questions and said they would let me know on Monday ( My interview was Friday) if I got the job. However, I got a call back only two hours after the interview telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked on a difficult project and the results of that.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when your worked on a group project and had a difficult time.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if an employee stole something from the store?   Answer Question
    • What can we do for you?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate because the offer was sent in a letter packet. They don't tell you how much you will get paid until you actually get the job (after the interview).

Customer Service Representative Interview

I was hired on right on spot and i wasn't given much training. More so learn as you go environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in January 2014.

There are three interviews: Phone Interview, Manager Interview and GM interview. Usually, you will know by the end of the GM interview if you are hired. The process is not hard at all and it is fairly simple.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   View Answer
    You can negotiate your pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

You normally go through a three interview process and have to pass the online test in order to be scheduled for a first interview. Things that stand out on online application are past work experience, availability is a plus especially on the weekends Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Interview Questions
    • As a hiring manager many applicants didn't know how to explain a past experience in regards to the best customer service ever given or received or a time they had a difficult person to deal with and how they handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

Phone call interview very straight foward simple questions, Second I came in for a face to face with my manager/supervisor. Third, I met with the GM, Offered me a job a few days later. I had to pass a backround check, and a drug test. Started less then a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • Very straight foward, mostly behavioral type questions. Desribe a time where you work effectively as a team?   Answer Question
    N/A