Best Buy Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.3

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

Overall I had a very negative experience. Was left waiting for 30 minutes despite arriving on time while they interviewed someone else. They then got my name wrong. Great start. The interview actually went very well, the same questions you see on here where asked and I got along great with the interviewer. Afterwards I was told I would be called to set up a final interview within the next few days. I let a week pass and heard nothing so I called up and was told they were still conducting interviews for the position. Another week passes, I call, still doing interviews. In the end they strung me along for an entire month before sneakily rejecting me through the job portal website, which you don't even receive a notification for.

Honestly, I'm pretty used to receiving nothing from companies, but the fact that I was told for sure that I would be called for a final interview before never hearing from them again makes me incredibly angry and disappointed.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked a technical question which was odd as I was only applying for a customer service position, but I have some knowledge of computers so I was able to answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Salt Lake, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Salt Lake, UT

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

Depends who you interview with. They hiring manager has a sheet of paper and reads off all the questions to you. If you have very good customer service experience they will hire you. I was lucky and they just hired me during my interview and paid me more then what the other employees were making. It will just depend on who you interview with

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

I applied and got a call back about 3 days later. The HR lead gave me a phone interview and asked me what positions I was interested in, how soon I could work, and why I wanted to work at Best Buy. Then she set up a second interview with a manager who asked the typical tell me about a time questions. I thought I messed up in some of them but he said the interview went well and he wanted to give me an interview with the general manager. The general manager asked similar questions and said they would let me know on Monday ( My interview was Friday) if I got the job. However, I got a call back only two hours after the interview telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked on a difficult project and the results of that.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when your worked on a group project and had a difficult time.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if an employee stole something from the store?   Answer Question
    • What can we do for you?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate because the offer was sent in a letter packet. They don't tell you how much you will get paid until you actually get the job (after the interview).

Customer Service Representative Interview

I was hired on right on spot and i wasn't given much training. More so learn as you go environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in January 2014.

There are three interviews: Phone Interview, Manager Interview and GM interview. Usually, you will know by the end of the GM interview if you are hired. The process is not hard at all and it is fairly simple.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   View Answer
    You can negotiate your pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

You normally go through a three interview process and have to pass the online test in order to be scheduled for a first interview. Things that stand out on online application are past work experience, availability is a plus especially on the weekends Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Interview Questions
    • As a hiring manager many applicants didn't know how to explain a past experience in regards to the best customer service ever given or received or a time they had a difficult person to deal with and how they handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

Phone call interview very straight foward simple questions, Second I came in for a face to face with my manager/supervisor. Third, I met with the GM, Offered me a job a few days later. I had to pass a backround check, and a drug test. Started less then a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • Very straight foward, mostly behavioral type questions. Desribe a time where you work effectively as a team?   Answer Question
    N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

The process was pretty much like everyone else said, except I never got a phone interview, just the Manager and General Manager.

For the manager interview he was training another lady on how to interview so I was kind of the guinea pig. They both asked alot of the usual questions about previous work experience and some roleplaying questions.

The General Manager interview was more focused on what I'd be doing at customer service.

Interview Questions
    • The roleplaying of what I would do if someone tried to return a computer was weird.   View Answer
    I asked for $9.50 an hour and he asked if I thought I was worth that, and I said yes. He then proceeded to tell me that he'd be paying me more than that, at $11.50 an hour. Which was insane and of course I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

it is an online application. Each application is sent to the store directly via email. If they like your resume/application enough, you will receive a phone call for screening (terribly easy to pass) in which you will be offered an interview. At this particular best buy, the first interview is done by the Supervisor and Manager of the preferred department. If you pass their interview, you will be called in for a final interview with the GM himself, as he likes to make sure each of his employees are up to the Best Buy standard.

Interview Questions
    • There were not difficult questions, although a few of them revealed a lot more about myself than I cared to give.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in January 2012.

Applied online and received a call for 1:1 interview 7 days later.

Interview Questions
    • What was your greatest accomplishment in business or personal life?   View Answer

salary