Best Buy

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bridgeport, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2014.

Interview Details – There are three interviews: Phone Interview, Manager Interview and GM interview. Usually, you will know by the end of the GM interview if you are hired. The process is not hard at all and it is fairly simple.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate your pay

Carbondale, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone call interview very straight foward simple questions, Second I came in for a face to face with my manager/supervisor. Third, I met with the GM, Offered me a job a few days later. I had to pass a backround check, and a drug test. Started less then a week after that.

Interview Question – Very straight foward, mostly behavioral type questions. Desribe a time where you work effectively as a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Alpharetta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was fine. Simple questions. Nothing too hard and it was over in a jiffy. If you had trouble with this then that is highly likely that your drug test failed.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I applied and got a call back about 3 days later. The HR lead gave me a phone interview and asked me what positions I was interested in, how soon I could work, and why I wanted to work at Best Buy. Then she set up a second interview with a manager who asked the typical tell me about a time questions. I thought I messed up in some of them but he said the interview went well and he wanted to give me an interview with the general manager. The general manager asked similar questions and said they would let me know on Monday ( My interview was Friday) if I got the job. However, I got a call back only two hours after the interview telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you worked on a difficult project and the results of that.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when your worked on a group project and had a difficult time.   Answer Question
  • What would you do if an employee stole something from the store?   Answer Question
  • What can we do for you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because the offer was sent in a letter packet. They don't tell you how much you will get paid until you actually get the job (after the interview).

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring went very quick. I applied online & was called the next day for interview scheduling. Within a couple weeks, I was hired. Very professional and friendly recruiter, as well as interviewers.

Interview Question – Have you watched the TV show, "Hoarders"? If you were in a "Hoarders" house, and had to clean it up, how and what would you do to it?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was super casual and informal, as I was interviewing to be a seasonal employee (but ended up staying for 3 years). We didn't even go into an office or anything, just stood in one of the departments and had a chat that lasted less than 10 minutes. When he asked me what hourly wage I was looking to make, after hearing my answer, he laughed and said, "We would have giving you $X more than that!" When I asked if I could have that amount, he laughed and said it was too late. Super unprofessional.

Interview Question – Sell me this stapler. This was both difficult and unexpected since I was applying for a cashier position and was not looking to be a salesperson.   Answer Question

Everett, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

Interview Details – it is an online application. Each application is sent to the store directly via email. If they like your resume/application enough, you will receive a phone call for screening (terribly easy to pass) in which you will be offered an interview. At this particular best buy, the first interview is done by the Supervisor and Manager of the preferred department. If you pass their interview, you will be called in for a final interview with the GM himself, as he likes to make sure each of his employees are up to the Best Buy standard.

Interview Question – There were not difficult questions, although a few of them revealed a lot more about myself than I cared to give.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – I was hired on right on spot and i wasn't given much training. More so learn as you go environment.

Interview Question – How can you be an asset to this company?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – You normally go through a three interview process and have to pass the online test in order to be scheduled for a first interview. Things that stand out on online application are past work experience, availability is a plus especially on the weekends Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Interview Question – As a hiring manager many applicants didn't know how to explain a past experience in regards to the best customer service ever given or received or a time they had a difficult person to deal with and how they handled it.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

Interview Details – it was in 2007- passed a phone screen, then was brought to campus for a face to face 1x1 interview. Arrive early, give yourself time for heavy traffic/ parking and walking to campus. know the brand values, found on the website. Have high energy, and focus on the customers needs.

Interview Question – Pretend I am an an angry customer- dialogue with me right now   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation took place, i accepted the offer, which was a little over the initial posting.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!