Best Buy

26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was a virtual group interview, your participation meant something in the process allegedly. It was about 2 hours long.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult question for me   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation, the rate was $9.00/hr.

Very Easy Interview

Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call for 1:1 interview 7 days later.

Interview Question – What was your greatest accomplishment in business or personal life?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – salary

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, called next day, got phone interview. Atfer phone interview, got 1-1 interview the same day. (Today) Now I'm waiting for the call for a third interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond   Answer Question
  • What would you do if you had to finish a project and there was no one around to ask for help?   Answer Question

Deer Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2010.

Interview Details – My first interview was on the application offline. It was a series of questions that one had to answer Strongly Agree or Strongly Disagree.. whenever you are given a series of questions like that on an application never answer Agree, Disagree, or Neutral. Your answers MUST be Strongly Disagree or Strongly Agree. They called me and said I had passed the first interview and was moving on to the next interview in the store and to dress business casual. The next interview I had with someone from Geek Squad. He was super nice and asked me about 10 questions. After the interview he told me if I had meet their standards he would give me a call within the next 48 hours for the final interview with the General Manager. And well, that is where I am right now. I have the final interview in a few hours and I am a bit nervous.. hope I get it! Wish me luck :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Best Buy?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you were given a task to do with no directions and no one there to assist you, How would you handle it?   Answer Question

Garland, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2009.

Interview Details – Started with an online application and personality test. Remember that on the Unicru test, "Agree" and "Disagree" are always wrong, choose "Strongly Agree" or "Strongly Disagree". About a week later, if you pass the Unicru test, you get a brief phone interview. If that goes well, they'll call you back for a preliminary interview with a supervisor. The supervisor might refer you to another position if they see that you might be a better fit for another position. The second interview is with a manager of the department that you are applying for. After that, you have an interview with the GM where you negotiate salary and availability. Just pass the drug test, and it's off to orientation.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and availability. Since this is my first job, I did not give a counter offer.

Torrance, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

Interview Details – Apply on Friday night got a called Wednesday for a interview on Monday. Had a 1:1 interview with customer service supervisor, took about 15 mins, a lot of social questions, work experience. Then moved to a 1:1 with Opps Manager, basically revise the info from the previous interview. Opps manager schedule for a 3rd interview for next day with store manager. Met with store manager ask basic questions about why you want to work there. Gave me drug test paper and background check paper.

Reason for Declining – Other job offer.

Hattiesburg, MS

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2009.

Interview Details – I received a phone call and was asked to come to an Interview at 8:00 on Sunday morning. I accepted and found out it was a group Interview. There were two employees, merchandising and sales and then the manager. They asked us to introduce ourselves, tell us where we were from, and one interesting fact about ourselves. They asked us about 8 questions,the interview lasted about 25 minutes. The questions I remember were: Tell us your biggest weakness and strength, What does world customer service mean to you, Where was the last place you shopped at and why, If both a taxi and a limo were priced the exact same, which one would you choose, Why do you want to work for Best Buy....and etc. At first we went around a line, but then they told us to answer at our own will. They told us they would call us in the next two days, but I received a call to schedule an interview 45 minutes after the group interview. They asked me to come that same day but I had scheduled plans so we planned for the next day. The next day was a 1 on 1 interview with the manager. He asked me questions like : What is a goal you have set for yourself this year and how have you achieved it, Tell me about a time you personal life was going to interfere with your work schedule and how did you handle it, Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer and what was the outcome, What is a goal you have set for yourself that you didn't accomplish and how did it make you feel?, Tell me about a project you took part in and how you showed leadership qualities, and etc. Now I have a third interview with the General Manager. Hope I pass.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your biggest weakness and strength?   Answer Question
  • What does world customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
  • If both a taxi and a limo were priced the exact same, which one would you choose?   View Answers (12)
  • Why do you want to work for Best Buy?
    Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer and what was the outcome?
      View Answer
  • What is a goal you have set for yourself this year and how have you achieved it?
    Tell me about a time you personal life was going to interfere with your work schedule and how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Customer Service Representative

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied a little over a week ago. I got an email a couple days later. And then I got a call asking to schedule an interview. We scheduled it for a week later. Recieved a call later that same day asking if I could do it the next day instead of the following week.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Best Buy?   Answer Question

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2007.

Interview Details – First you have to pass the online evaluation to get an interview. Once you pass you will receive a call to schedule an in person interview within a week. Interview consist of question regarding previous experience and situational questions. For example, what would you do in this situation. Question regarding what hours you are willing to work.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interview with assistant manager, asked many behavioral questions, follow up interview asked mostly ethical questions. Interview questions are simple they are just trying to get an idea of how you express yourself. make sure you know why you want to work for the company and your goals with the company

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy