Best Buy Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.2

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2010.

Will hire anyone that can pass a drug screen and answer simple questions. I would never take a Best Buy employee's personal knowledge into effect on my purchase decision. They know less than you do.

You get what they offer you, or you don't get hired.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call asking if I wanted to come in for an interview a few days later. I only had one interview, with the General Manager, and was hired on the spot. The questions were easy, common interview questions. He was very friendly and offered me a good hourly rate.

Interview Questions
    • What did you dislike about your former place of employment?   Answer Question
    Offered 11.50, and I didn't try to negotiate.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

I applied and was called by HR maybe an hour afterwards. She sounded excited about me as a candidate, and we scheduled an interview for the following Monday. She told me that the store had a great manager, and asked me what I was expecting for pay. If they ask you this, it is best to give a range or try to get them to answer their range first.

I was then interviewed by the Ops Manager. Nothing too hard, emphasizing customer service for this interview and asking you about yourself.

The final interview was scheduled a week later with the GM. I sat and waited about 20 minutes. He asked me similar questions and about theft. He made me an offer on the spot, and said to expect an email that day. I did not receive the email, so I called HR back and they got it straightened out.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone steal a small item like a candy bar or soda.   Answer Question
    They offered my $9.00/hr, and I was able to bump it up to $9.50/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Angelo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

I applied online, and got an interview a week or so after. The interviewer (manager?) was friendly, and the questions were geared more towards my own past experience and such, rather than those general situational questions, which was a nice change. According to a friend who works as an HR person, I aced it, but apparently they went with someone else, probably because they had more experience. Sigh.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an employee and customer theft?   View Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy.

Meeting with multiple supervisors, ending ultimately with the Manager of the store. No curve balls, just general retail questions: 1)Have you ever worked a cashier, holidays, etc. for me, this all took place in one day, since all of the managers were available at that moment

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an unruly customer during black Friday?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

After I applied, it took about 2 weeks or so for them to call me back. When I got the call, the lady asked me questions about my previous job and what my availability would be if I were to get the job. Then, at the end of the conversation, she gave me an appointment for an interview the next day with the assistant manager. In the interview with the assistant manager, he asked me basic questions about ethics, why I wanted to work for Best Buy, and to describe previous situations I had experienced. (e.g. Tell me about a time when you went an extra mile for a customer.) About 5 minutes after that interview, I was called by the hiring agent and given an interview with the General Manager later that day. In that interview, he asked me more questions about why I wanted to work there, and work ethics. At the end of that interview, he gave me the job and asked me what my availability was and the pay.

Interview Questions
    • List some competitors of Best Buy and come up with a persuasive argument on what Best Buy has to offer that the other stores do not.   Answer Question
    The General Manager asked me what pay I would like and I said $10, and he asked if $10.50 would be okay, and I agreed.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

It was very simple I have had one interview so far. You are taking in to a room in which two supervisors ask you questions one at a time they are all based on your experience with Customers

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about group projects, time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. Most of the questions have to do with you in a group environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2010.

3 in-store interviews. First and second are generally with supervisors or assistant managers, while the third is with the general manager. after the drug test, they have you go through NET (New Employee Training), which lasts for like 4 hours. After that, you have to take like 50 online tests before you can start working on the floor. all of this time IS payed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brighton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Very easy to get into the company when they were hiring. No prior experience, they are easy to work with and it was enjoyable working for Best Buy. I only had to wait a few days from my application submission to actually getting hired.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy.

Pretty informal. Knew a friend and they needed employees bad. Filled out the paperwork and hired on the spot and put on a register. Basic training given.

None

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!