Best Buy

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Angelo, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and got an interview a week or so after. The interviewer (manager?) was friendly, and the questions were geared more towards my own past experience and such, rather than those general situational questions, which was a nice change. According to a friend who works as an HR person, I aced it, but apparently they went with someone else, probably because they had more experience. Sigh.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an employee and customer theft?   View Answer

Customer Service Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Meeting with multiple supervisors, ending ultimately with the Manager of the store. No curve balls, just general retail questions: 1)Have you ever worked a cashier, holidays, etc. for me, this all took place in one day, since all of the managers were available at that moment

Interview Question – How would you handle an unruly customer during black Friday?   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – After I applied, it took about 2 weeks or so for them to call me back. When I got the call, the lady asked me questions about my previous job and what my availability would be if I were to get the job. Then, at the end of the conversation, she gave me an appointment for an interview the next day with the assistant manager. In the interview with the assistant manager, he asked me basic questions about ethics, why I wanted to work for Best Buy, and to describe previous situations I had experienced. (e.g. Tell me about a time when you went an extra mile for a customer.) About 5 minutes after that interview, I was called by the hiring agent and given an interview with the General Manager later that day. In that interview, he asked me more questions about why I wanted to work there, and work ethics. At the end of that interview, he gave me the job and asked me what my availability was and the pay.

Interview Question – List some competitors of Best Buy and come up with a persuasive argument on what Best Buy has to offer that the other stores do not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The General Manager asked me what pay I would like and I said $10, and he asked if $10.50 would be okay, and I agreed.

Customer Service Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was very simple I have had one interview so far. You are taking in to a room in which two supervisors ask you questions one at a time they are all based on your experience with Customers

Interview Question – They ask you about group projects, time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. Most of the questions have to do with you in a group environment.   Answer Question

Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2010.

Interview Details – 3 in-store interviews. First and second are generally with supervisors or assistant managers, while the third is with the general manager. after the drug test, they have you go through NET (New Employee Training), which lasts for like 4 hours. After that, you have to take like 50 online tests before you can start working on the floor. all of this time IS payed.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Brighton, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy to get into the company when they were hiring. No prior experience, they are easy to work with and it was enjoyable working for Best Buy. I only had to wait a few days from my application submission to actually getting hired.

Interview Question – No difficul questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Pretty informal. Knew a friend and they needed employees bad. Filled out the paperwork and hired on the spot and put on a register. Basic training given.

Negotiation Details – None

Lexington, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2009.

Interview Details – submitted application online, received a call 3 weeks later spoke with a manager & set up an interview. Asked me basic questions regarding my experience & knowledge of their products. Afterward, the manager explained I would need to set up a second interview with the supervisor of customer service & if all went well then I would meet with the store manage afterward. Basic interview questions & was asked to describe myself & work ethic.

Interview Question – I honestly don't remember getting one, but I was very nervous and had a difficult time keeping calm.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked what I would like to be paid and said $9/hr to be ambitious, but was explained without prior sales/retail experience the position starts off at $8/hr

Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I was hired in November 2008 at the age of 16. The whole process took about a month which was surprising, because they were getting ready for the holiday. I had two interviews. One with the hiring manager and one with the general manager.

Interview Question – Questions were very standard and expected.   Answer Question

Cambridge, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was contact via telephone and had a phone interview which ended up being pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Since I had no experience with electronics I wasn't really able to negotiate. The manager ended up giving me $9.50 which is higher than minimum wage in MA so I accepted. I was called into an interview with the store manager, and he waived me through to a final interview with the GM.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!