Best Buy Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Interview

I applied through indeed.com...got a call from the Hiring Manager 15 minutes later...was asked to come in for an interview the next day. The questions were pretty basic retail job questions. The manager was really friendly and I already felt like I was part of their team. He was telling me stories about his job and everything. The next day , today I have an Interview with the GM at 6.. Hope I get this job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment when you didn't get along with your co worker and how that affected the work environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call 3 days later to set up the first interview with a manager/supervisor. Went to the interview and did pretty well and got set up for a 2nd interview with the GM. The second interview was pretty straight forward and basic and was offered a job on the spot after the second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Modesto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few days later. Spoke to the HR specialist and did a short interview. scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager 2 days later since I was out of state preparing to leave the service. Got a call 2 days later saying I was hired and told all other information.

Interview Questions

• What was one time a customer came up to you upset? what did you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I got called to come in for my initial interview and the questions were the same as most job interviews (tell me about yourself, describe a difficult situation, describe when you went above and beyond for someone, past experience, etc). I got called back the next day to come in for my second interview and most of the questions were the same and after that I was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Union, NJ).

Interview

They did a phone interview with me and proceeded to call me back for 2 more interviews, they are so slow and wasted my time being that they didn't even bother offering me a job why even call me in for a 3rd interview. They need to be more organized and learn how to manage time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiea, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Aiea, HI) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied, 2 weeks later got a call and did a short phone interview. Set up an interview with Operations Manager, and then after that interview, with the General Manager. Quick and easy, basic customer service questions. Had to do a drug test and background check, all in all a pretty easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a problem with a customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

It took a total of 8 days for the hiring process, very fast! I work next week. I applied online on May 13, and received a call the next day (May 14) I was surprised my application was reviewed very quickly. I did not have a phone interview, but was asked if I could come in for an interview on the 15th which is the next day. I came to my interview 15 minutes early and was interviewed by the Operations Manager for about 15-20 minutes. It felt long because I asked questions and our conversations were laid back. Sometimes off topic because he was really cool :) He had a packet full of questions to ask and had to take notes. I didn't have second or third interviews. I was offered a job on the spot and he even negotiated about the price (depending on my previous work experience and how much I was paid there) I was lucky enough that the General Manager was there, not for the entire time but he would walk in and listen while he was doing something else. He told me I would receive an email about continuing the process.

I received a job offer email on May 17, so two days later. I accepted the offer and filled out paper work online and confirmed everything. I received information the next day May 18, about pre-employment drug test, and took it on Tuesday. It took 48 hours to process and I was officially hired. I received a phone call today, May 21, about my first day of work, the time, and what I needed to bring. I applied on May 13, I start on the 26th :)

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -Why Best Buy?
      -Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?
      -Name a time you put the interest of others at your previous work place (if you did) before your own, and why?
      -Did you have problems with your previous co-workers? How did you go about handling the situation?
      -Describe a time where you went above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service

Answer Question

Negotiation

He asked, offered, and I accepted. (I didn't want to negotiate based on my previous work experience I felt it was more than enough)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call to interview the next day, upon going to my first interview I was told I would either receive a phone call for a final interview or an email stating they went with another candidate. However after my initial interview with one of the assistant managers I was asked immediately to interview with the store manager the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Hanover, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Three (3) steps.
    1. Phone screening (typically with the hiring manager/human recources/hiring coordinator)
    2. Interview with the department team leader (this person will simply "assess" you and pass you off to the General Manager if they approve)
    3. interview with the store's general manager (This is the interview where you will discuss pay/benifits at the conclusion of the interview)

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about theft?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • In your work experience, how many times have you gotten to work late?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews. Phone, asst manager, and general manager. general interview quesitons was very straight forward and everyone was nice make sure you do research about the company i used this website to prepare myself

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None 9.00