Best Buy Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online since it was advertised in-store that they were hiring. The online application involved a series of questions where you had to rate a statement from "strongly disagree" to "strongly agree". It was pretty straightforward stuff and I just answered honestly. I got a call about five weeks later asking me to come in for an interview during a "jobs fair" which seemed to be just back-to-back interviews held at the store. Part two of the interview process was me actually interviewing with an assistant manager. He explained that if I was picked out I would then interview with the general manager for the third part of the interview process. The questions were pretty straightforward, the manager asked a bunch of questions about handling typical workplace situations. At the end of the interview there was an opportunity to ask the manager questions. I was told that they would call me back in 48 hours if they decided to take me to the next phase of the interview process with the general manager. They had a strong emphasis on availability and ability to work holidays.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with an unhappy customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Can you describe a time when you had to multi-task?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you had to work with a co-worker who you didn't get along with.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Being a typical customer service job, It was a very simple process first they called you to set up a in person interview. The in person interview is straight forward they same scripted customer service questions you typically get. One big thing they do want is to know you are able to close or open.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 2 hours later. They called me and rescheduled a few times. When I got there I had to wait 30 minutes before I got interviewed. It was a lot of personal questions for the first interview with a manager. They told be i'd be contacted by email if i didnt get it or they would call me for the next interview in three days. A week passed by and i called to follow up, now I have an interview with the General Manager.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process went well. They were very informative and were helpful in answering all my questions. The company seems like a good place to work, with good benefits. They went over the aspects of the job and what to expect. They were very nice and respectful and it seemed like a good place to work.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2015.

Interview

I applied and about five days later I get an email about scheduling an interview. The interview was very easy basic questions nothing really to prepare for outside a normal interview. After interview with Chad we skipped to the 3rd interview haha (as Chad said) I met with the GM really cool guy we talked a little about my background more and he told me they'll have an answer in a few hours.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Interview

I applied through indeed.com...got a call from the Hiring Manager 15 minutes later...was asked to come in for an interview the next day. The questions were pretty basic retail job questions. The manager was really friendly and I already felt like I was part of their team. He was telling me stories about his job and everything. The next day , today I have an Interview with the GM at 6.. Hope I get this job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment when you didn't get along with your co worker and how that affected the work environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Orange, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied about three weeks ago and they called me in for an interview on Saturday for Monday. I didn't do a phone interview like a lot of people have. On Monday, I arrived forty minutes early which they loved. I think I looked even better because the person before me never showed. They loved my first answer. The scenario questions were kinda hard not gonna lie. I think if you have a lot of retail experience it won't be as hard but I only had like a month of retail experience so I couldn't relate to a lot of the questions. But then they asked more common sense questions and they loved my answers. I didn't have to go to a second interview they hired me on the spot: )

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sacramento, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They called me for the first interview. Talked with me for about 10 minutes. Then they scheduled an in person interview. Went in, started talking about my experience. Then they brought in a panel. Got a call back for third interview an hour later. The third interview is with a general manager.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you went the extra mile for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Gary, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online while taking the personality test. A week later I was called by the hiring manager. I scheduled the interview the next day. This interview was with the manager of the customer service specialist area. He told me that he liked my energy and would hear back from the hiring manager soon. The next day I got a call from the hiring manager and scheduled my second interview with the GM.Two days later I went into the interview with the GM. He asked me general questions like what the manager of the customer service area asked me a few days before. After this, he asked me what I would do with someone, either a customer or a co worker, who was stealing in the store. Then I was hired on the spot soon after. He said that I would be sent an email to accept within 24 hours. Then I would have to go in for a drug test and then I would have my orientation within the next weekend. So, to sum this all up, within 2 weeks I applied, got a phone call, two interviews and was hired. The hiring process is pretty simple: First Stage: Applying online. You must pass the personality test. Second Stage: Phone interview. They are trying to figure out if you are compatible with when they need people to work. If your hours don't fit well, then you probably won't be considered for the job. Third Stage: First Face-to-Face Interview. A manager, team leader, or someone in that specialty will interview you. They will be the ones you will see almost on a daily basis so it's important that they like you. If they don't, no second interview will take place. Fourth Stage: Second Face-to-Face Interview. The general manager will be your last person to see in this process so if you made it this far, you should assume you will be hired unless you royally screw up. If you answer any questions in a wrong fashion, you may lose your opportunity. The last interview is just as serious as the first face-to-face one so don't walk in like you own the place just yet. If the general manager doesn't like you, then you probably won't be hired. I had two years of experience in fast food prior to this interview and a few other academic achievements.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself...   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you caught an employee stealing? What if it were a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call 3 days later to set up the first interview with a manager/supervisor. Went to the interview and did pretty well and got set up for a 2nd interview with the GM. The second interview was pretty straight forward and basic and was offered a job on the spot after the second interview.