Best Buy

2.2

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

I applied for the position online and it took less than a week for them to call me to set up an interview. The interview was set up for 2 pm on a Friday. The interviewer was almost an hour late. During the interview he was on the his phone. He was very unprofessional. I was offered the job and was told that I would be receiving a call the next day. He didn't call that day even after I called to check up on the process for almost a week. I eventually decided to call for one last time and I was told that they were not hiring anymore and the lady asked to take down my information and he would give me a call. I told her never mind because I was given the run around for a week for a job that I was initially told that I had. I will never shop at that particular Best Buy again.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions were difficult. Typical interview questions. "Name a time that you helped someone out in a time of need", "Name a time you went the extra mile for a customer", "Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Kinda awesome how it went, at first I applied for the home theater position & got called and did an over the phone interview, then I got called for a second interview with one of the managers a week later; after calling them during the week they mentioned they found someone else for the position but suggested that there was an open position for a seasonal customer service specialist and so they told me to come in for a third interview instead of the position I initially applied for I was going to be having a third interview for a cashier position so I went in for the third & and an hour later I got called that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were:
      - Why best buy.
      - Previous job history/how was your experience in previous job.
      - What special skill do you have that relates to the position you're applying for.
      - They asked to tell them about your self.
      - What do you think should be the punishment for someone that steals.
      - and ask questions.

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Customer Service Specialist Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

3 interviews, one over the phone, one in person. Usually the 3rd comes when yore told you're going to have another interview. At the end of your 2nd interview. And my 3rd was with the general manager.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a time where you had to work with someone you didn't get along with. (some variation of that question)   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in November 2014.

Put an application on a Saturday and got a call the next day. Very easy interviews. They have 3 interviews. They consider the first interview over the phone and then asked me to come in the next day only took about 15 minutes. And then said they would call me in the next couple days. Got a call and came in to the third interview with the General Manager. Just asked mainly about yourself and past work experiences. Got hired on the spot. You had to accept the offer over email.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you were challenged and how you came over it   Answer Question
    Easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

The whole process went pretty fast. I applied Tuesday and got a call Wednesday for an interview scheduled for that Friday. I went in and had my interview with the Best Buy Mobile Manager even though I was going to be a cashier. He told me that usually candidates only have one interview and then get sent home while they decided but he really liked me so 5 minutes after my first interview I had an interview with the store's assistant manager (because the GM was away on business). less then 10 minutes into that interview I was hired on spot (I have no retail experience). The whole process lasted about a hour.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was the Mobile Manager telling me that they were interviewing a lot of employees at the moment so what stood out about me   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $9 an hour (75 cents over minimum wage). Also told that if I was picked to stay on after holidays they would review my performance and consider a raise.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

Took about 2 weeks. Applied online then received a call five days later from their Human Resources where I was asked a few questions (5mins) and scheduled an interview. My interview was with the backroom supervisor and was relatively straightforward. Was about 7-8 main questions covering different traits using the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Received a follow up interview with the GM about 5 days later with similar questions plus one about theft. Got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were forced to complete multiple tasks in a short period of time.   Answer Question
    None.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

The interviewer was very friendly and a "people's person" and he asked a lot of customer service questions that any other interviewer/company would ask. The interview went well & He gave me a date for the second interview. The second interview was 2 days later with the GM, and he basically finished off the same type of questions and told me I am hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was how would you show your manager your accomplishments at work.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, He told me how much the position paid a hour.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call asking if I wanted to come in for an interview a few days later. I only had one interview, with the General Manager, and was hired on the spot. The questions were easy, common interview questions. He was very friendly and offered me a good hourly rate.

Interview Questions
    • What did you dislike about your former place of employment?   Answer Question
    Offered 11.50, and I didn't try to negotiate.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

Meeting with multiple supervisors, ending ultimately with the Manager of the store. No curve balls, just general retail questions: 1)Have you ever worked a cashier, holidays, etc. for me, this all took place in one day, since all of the managers were available at that moment

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an unruly customer during black Friday?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

I applied online, and got an interview a week or so after. The interviewer (manager?) was friendly, and the questions were geared more towards my own past experience and such, rather than those general situational questions, which was a nice change. According to a friend who works as an HR person, I aced it, but apparently they went with someone else, probably because they had more experience. Sigh.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an employee and customer theft?   View Answer