Best Buy Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews. Phone, asst manager, and general manager. general interview quesitons was very straight forward and everyone was nice make sure you do research about the company i used this website to prepare myself

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None 9.00

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

It was really simple. I headed over to Customer Service, let them know I was there, and sat and waited for about 5 minutes. I was promptly greeted by the GM, and we headed back for the extremely short interview. They were very nice people, and very quick.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the customers expect of a Best Buy employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Modesto, CA).

Interview

My process was a week and a half long. I interviewed on a Tuesday and Friday of the next week I had a second interview with the General Manager and received a job offer right after the interview. Was informed that I have to wait for a email with the official job offer which will include background and drug test info. Everyone is very laid back and seem to truly enjoy working at Best Buy. Management treats you as a member of their team and not as your worker.

Interview Questions

• What is your view on employee theft.   1 Answer
    • What kinds of things did you do at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Went in to the store and met with two people at the same time. They asked basic interview questions and seemed to be focused on the team environment. I believe one was the head of mobile sales and the other I have no idea.

Interview Questions

• What is one way in you previous job that you went above and beyond the job description?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Jackson, MS).

Interview

I applied for the position online and it took less than a week for them to call me to set up an interview. The interview was set up for 2 pm on a Friday. The interviewer was almost an hour late. During the interview he was on the his phone. He was very unprofessional. I was offered the job and was told that I would be receiving a call the next day. He didn't call that day even after I called to check up on the process for almost a week. I eventually decided to call for one last time and I was told that they were not hiring anymore and the lady asked to take down my information and he would give me a call. I told her never mind because I was given the run around for a week for a job that I was initially told that I had. I will never shop at that particular Best Buy again.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Typical interview questions. "Name a time that you helped someone out in a time of need", "Name a time you went the extra mile for a customer", "Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Kinda awesome how it went, at first I applied for the home theater position & got called and did an over the phone interview, then I got called for a second interview with one of the managers a week later; after calling them during the week they mentioned they found someone else for the position but suggested that there was an open position for a seasonal customer service specialist and so they told me to come in for a third interview instead of the position I initially applied for I was going to be having a third interview for a cashier position so I went in for the third & and an hour later I got called that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were:
      - Why best buy.
      - Previous job history/how was your experience in previous job.
      - What special skill do you have that relates to the position you're applying for.
      - They asked to tell them about your self.
      - What do you think should be the punishment for someone that steals.
      - and ask questions.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews, one over the phone, one in person. Usually the 3rd comes when yore told you're going to have another interview. At the end of your 2nd interview. And my 3rd was with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time where you had to work with someone you didn't get along with. (some variation of that question)   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in November 2014.

Interview

Put an application on a Saturday and got a call the next day. Very easy interviews. They have 3 interviews. They consider the first interview over the phone and then asked me to come in the next day only took about 15 minutes. And then said they would call me in the next couple days. Got a call and came in to the third interview with the General Manager. Just asked mainly about yourself and past work experiences. Got hired on the spot. You had to accept the offer over email.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you were challenged and how you came over it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Macon, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I received a call for an phone interview. Basically he went over the job and asked me a few questions. He later set me up for an in person interview. During the in-person interview he asked me a series of questions like why do you want to work for best buy?, What do you feel that you can bring to the company , etc. After that he sets up your third interview with the store manager. The store manager asked me my availability and hired me on spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Champaign, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The whole process went pretty fast. I applied Tuesday and got a call Wednesday for an interview scheduled for that Friday. I went in and had my interview with the Best Buy Mobile Manager even though I was going to be a cashier. He told me that usually candidates only have one interview and then get sent home while they decided but he really liked me so 5 minutes after my first interview I had an interview with the store's assistant manager (because the GM was away on business). less then 10 minutes into that interview I was hired on spot (I have no retail experience). The whole process lasted about a hour.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected was the Mobile Manager telling me that they were interviewing a lot of employees at the moment so what stood out about me   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $9 an hour (75 cents over minimum wage). Also told that if I was picked to stay on after holidays they would review my performance and consider a raise.