Best Buy Customer Specialist Interview Questions

2.0

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Collins, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2012.

You first get a phone interview. This was easy for me, as they hardly interviewed me at all!

Second is an interview with the manager or supervisor in charge of the department you want to go in. They ask you integrity questions and ask about your past work experience. Pretty standard here.

Third in an interview with the Store Manager. This is almost a repeat of Interview 2, but this time you leave with a job or a rejection.

Interview Questions
  • There was nothing difficult about this interview.   View Answer
I didn't negotiate. $9/hr is fine for being a cashier with 0 sales experience, especially with a promise to move me up the sales ladder once I was trained.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Juliet, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Juliet, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2011.

Phone interview and a 1-on-1 interview. Most people have a phone interview and 3 1-on-1 interviews. However, they were needing people ASAP for Black Friday at the time, so I was lucky. Drug test. Background check.

Interview Questions
    • What is a problem that you had to overcome and how did you overcome it?   View Answer
    He offered me the job on the spot. He gave me paperwork to fill out and told me to get my drug test. I started working less than a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2011.

I was streamlined a bit having my girlfriend already employed at the store, but the interview process is a mandatory 3 step. first is a phone interview followed by a mid level management interview followed by the general manager interview and final step. Yuo're given a blue folder if you're going to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly they ask about past experiences resolving customer difficulties and your customer service ability, as well as if you have made any improvements to your current work environment   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, wages are dictated based on experience, languages spoken, and length of time with the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in April 2011.

basic questions, name a time you had a difficult customer how did you handle it. when was a time you worked as a team, its very easy that was my first interview ever and i got the job on the spot.

Customer Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2010.

Two interview, the department manager, then the general manager

Interview Questions
    I didn't attempt to negotiate my salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2010.

Online applications only, make sure you follow up with the store or you probably won't get a phone call. First there's a phone interview, then a supervisor face to face interview, and a general manager interview. Pretty standard questions about how you have fixed a problem, or why should we hire you, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a problem you had to overcome and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    You will either get an offer during the GM interview or after. They will ask you what rate you want and if you undershoot, they will just give it to you. So be sure to find out what is appropriate for the area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2009.

Submit online application
    Phone screening
    1-3 in-person interviews with store managers

Each interview takes about 30 minutes. They ask about 10 interview questions in addition to you giving some background on yourself, why you want the job, and what your availability is. Some questions are about personal achievements, conflict resolution, or situations where you overcame an obstacle.

Hiring process can take between 1 and 3 weeks. Keep in mind that they get upwards of 100 applications a week. You can call the store to have them look at your application, but they get annoyed when you call incessantly. Often the hiring manager has other responsibilities in the store, especially if you are applying for a seasonal position during the holidays.

Interview Questions
    • Attitude toward theft: they will give a specific situation   View Answer
    Your minimum salary you select in the online application usually determines your starting pay. But, if you put too high a minimum salary you will not be called for an interview.

Customer Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2009.

There are three interviews the third one means you got the job and just have to pass the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult task you've had to handle without any managers to help you?   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2010.

Really easy, answer a few basic questions, and show them you aren't the thieving type.

Customer Specialist Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2010.

Applied on the Best Buy website and completed a basic personality test. Called for an interview the next day. Interviewed with an assistant manager who asked basic questions about my background and how I would act in various situations. Called back later that day for an interview with the general manager. He asked questions about availability, goals, and personal integrity. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you were in a leadership position. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!