Best Buy

Best Buy Demand Planning Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Demand Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Best Buy.

I had my first round interview through my university which was as simple as interviews go with some easy behavioral questions asked by a friendly interviewer. Nothing that i can think of that made my first round interview difficult. I got the second round interview in Richfield, MN which was a lot more difficult than the first. It was a set of 3 interviews with 2 interviewers each. They asked normal interview questions aswell as much more difficult ones. After all three interviews and presentations and tour i was on their beautiful campus for over 4 hours.

Interview Questions
  • Asked without time to think (It is a brain teaser so your expected to get this wrong)... sallys mother has 4 daughters april may and june what is the name of her fourth daughter?   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter then two pannel interviews and a case study. Called back for a second interview with an additional pannel.

One panel was great. Was with 2 current DPA's and I believe the department VP. The case study was nothing special. What do you need to know to answer this question sort of thing. The gentlemen running it were pleasant though I talked 90% of the time so didn't get a good feel for them.

The third panel was horrid. When given the opportunity to ask questions I threw in a couple that I typically find interviewers are thrown off by to see how prepared they are. Was surprised during one panel interview as well as the callback interview at how underwhelming the team leads and senior position holders were.

I had been warned by a few friends who had recently left or were interviewing elsewhere to get out that the culture around there is to fill empty seats of quality people heading elsewhere which leads to woefully underqualified people dragging down daily processes. I didn't expect it to be so obvious during the interviews themselves but this didn't seem like a smart long term career choice.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior questions. Tell me about a time or what's something you did type questions. The case study is nothing special as long as you can justify your responses.   Answer Question

Offer was generous. However, I interviewed despite advice of friends who worked there or had worked there. With how the company is going, anyone worth what they were getting paid has left or is trying to leave for companies like Cargill, Target, US bank or other local companies. The people remaining are under qualified for their jobs and it showed during two of the panels. Seemed like a good place for a short term boost only to get "reorganized" out of a job in 3 years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Had multiple interviews in different rooms. They asked basic interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Best Buy in October 2012.

First interview takes place on campus and is conducted by a Senior Demand Planning Analyst. The interview is fairly relaxed, as represented by Best Buy's working culture, and is a more get to know you interview. One week later I was contacted by HR that I gotten a second round interview.

The Second round interview consists of 3 back to back 30 minute interview that are conducted by 2 different interviewers each time. The interview consists most of situational kinds of questions pertaining to the job, as well as a brain teaser in each one of the 3 interviews. Your responses are evaluated on rationale rather than on whether the answer is correct. I found out a month later that I had received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • During holiday season if Best Buy is running short on IPAD inventory and cannot purchase any additional units, what actions would you take as a Demand Planning Analyst?   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Demand Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in April 2008.

Started with an interview on campus and used the basic interview questions. I then was invited to the corporate campus where I had three half hour interviews and spent the day on campus. The questions were pretty generic about business, skill sets, and tried to figure out how you work with others and solve problems.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your experiences at Best Buy, what would you change if you could change anything?   Answer Question