Best Buy

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.3

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

online screening for consistent behavioral question answers, phone interview, in person interview, Job offer before second interview.

Interview Questions
Zero room for negotiation. I tried to counter offer and was met with heavy resistance, condescension even.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Hiring process was rather easy. Complete the application process online and wait for a phone call when positions become available. After interview with several managers and drug test then you're hired as long as test comes back negative and you can work well with others.

Interview Questions
    • When presented with a problem that required team assistance, how did you work with others to get the problem fixed.   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

It was the usual questions. I didn't think it was too difficult of an interview. As long as you come prepared, you should be OK.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2013.

I filled out an online application submitting a resume as well as cover letter for both the Sales Associate and Geek Squad position. I explained that I would be a great candidate for both as I have previously worked at Best Buy as a sales associate and have serviced both laptops and desktops from the sales floor when Geek Squad was backed up. They asked me some questions which I feel I answered well above expectations. I feel my technical knowledge (which includes programming, servicing laptops, desktops, gaming consoles, cell phones, and consumer routers) was well above even the knowledge and presentation of their staff. I pointed out with the interviewer that their Apple product displays had older technology at "eye-level" which I feel is important for customers. I also explained that loss prevention is everyone's job and told the interviewer (who I believe was a Geek Squad manager) that no one at the front counters is paying attention to what is going on. I really would've enjoyed and qualified for either position that I applied for and I feel I made that very clear from the start. My attitude was not the problem I really had a team-oriented attitude and my cover letter explained "There is no I in Best Buy!".

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

The first interview was conducted through the phone. I was asked very general PC hardware questions as well as questions regarding work place etiquette, team work, and expected wage. Phone interviewer was polite, courteous, and efficient in her question asking. Total time of interview did not take more than five minutes.

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Hiring manager was very nice and very personal.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult or unexpected. All were your normal, standard questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

filled out online application, got a call with in 3-4 days and they set up and interview. Panel interview with 2 supervisors and 1 manager.

Interview Questions
    • If you was an animal what animal would you be? Random question all really easy just have to think quick.   View Answer
    They offered me a pretty good hourly so I accepted. starting was $12.50 i believe.

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

they called me in for an interview

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Had a quick impromptu phone interview. It was pretty basic, but the job turned out to be more home theatre installation, rather then computer repair/diagnosis, which is what I was looking to do. Still interested in the position, I went on with the interview. All basic stuff. Strengths, weaknesses, what do you want to get out of this job. Those kinds of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you didn't get along with someone, but still had to work with them, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

A little slow, then they called me to make my interview appointment. I got 15 minutes early; However, the manager made me wait around 30 minutes. The interview was in a little room, two managers asked me questions.