Best Buy Geek Squad Consultation Agent Interview Questions & Reviews

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Geek Squad Consulting Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Signal Hill, CA
Anonymous Employee in Signal Hill, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

It went fairly well. I had the first interview with two members of the geek squad and they asked basic questions like "why best buy?" and "explain a time...". After that I got a call back about 3 days later for a second job interview with the GM. The GM asked me some questions an employee were to approach like "what is your view on stealing?" I'm still waiting on a call, but I have a feeling I didn't get it because I heard they would offer you the position to start right on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Geek Squad Consultation Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview first consisted of phone contact, supervisor interview than GM interview.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview question, nothing off the wall. The most important part of the interview that will determine whether you get the job is your AVAILABILITY!   Answer Question
    none.

Geek Squad Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2014.

Applied online which was easy, then off to personality test. Basically all retail and behavior questions with no technical questions at all. A week later they called for a in-person interview. Showed up early but had to wait about 15 minutes because they were setting up the room and preparing for the interview. It was two girls doing the interview in a room where they monitor the surveillance camera. They had a paper of questions to ask and I guess they also rate the way you answer them because one of the girl would be writing and circling stuff. THey also didn't print out my resume that I uploaded off there website.

The questions they ask were:
    "Why did I choose Best Buy"
    "When did I work on a team and how did it go?"
    "If I ever work retail job before?"
    "When was the time I went the extra mile for a customer"
    "How would you deal with a rude customer?"
    "How are you with keeping up with new technologies?"

When it comes to the time for you to ask questions, ask questions relevant to the job to show that you care about it and want to know more. Since I'm computer/tech savvy and know my way around it, I asked simple questions like "What are the typical problems customer would come in for?", "I saw Geek Squad offers 3 anti-virus suite, which one is the most popular and how do you like the suite?", "What would this job mainly focus on in term of which gadget would I be working with mostly?", "How long does a usual employee stay with the company, if they get there degree do they get promoted or something?" I basically ask this question because I'm about to graduate college with a Computer Science degree and seeing if it will help my status when I get my degree. The question that I guess really surprise them was when I asked them about operating system, my question was "How are people liking Windows 8 compare to Window 7. Do people ask to downgrade or upgrade mostly" they answer it in a retail way, I guess because they didn't know much about it or they wanted to push one of the OS more than the other. I then asked if customers would ask about upgrading to Linux, if so would you recommend RedHat or Ubuntu, if so why did you pick that particular choice. There answer was "Yeah we do that too if the customer wants it". It seem like that question caught them off guard because the look on there face was like shock that I asked that question. After that I figured I shouldn't ask any more questions so I thank them, they thank me and said I should hear back from them in a week since they have to finish there other interview process. I would say I probably won't get the job because from the online searches I did, Geek Squad don't really hire people who are highly tech savvy or in the field of Comp Sci since we probably won't be able to sell there services that well or find an easy way to fix problem instead of making Geek Squad profit. The more you know about fixing things and computer related problem might hurt you, but it also depend if the person interviewing you care more about the service or sales.

Interview Questions
    • "If a customer comes in with the idea of buying a electronic gadget but don't know what he wants and just tell you he's into music, how would you go about helping him". This one wasn't difficult but the way it was asked in the interview was worded weird.   View Answer

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2013.

The process took 1 week.

I applied online and was contacted within 3 business days about a face to face interview.

When I arrived for the interview, I waited next to another applicant who had been waiting there for a while. The wait time was approximately 1 hour until I was even brought in the room for the interview.

The interview was not very formal and the interviewer asked basic HR questions with 1 minimal technical question. I was notified that I would be called in a few days to set up a second interview with the GM.

I was called the very next day to set up an interview for the following day, a Monday. I arrived at the interview on Monday promptly with another applicant waiting once again for their interview. After another hour of waiting a manager updated us and let us know that the GM would be unavailable for interviews today and we would need to reschedule. After one of the most unprofessional encounters I have experienced yet, I am not sure why I returned the next day for the interview.

However, I did decide to return for the interview and I did not wait quite as long. The interview was quick and concise with no major questions being asked. I did confront pay expectations and I was low-balled to an extreme with no room for negotiation. He offered me 24 hours to think about it and get back to him and I decided I would continue seeking employment elsewhere.

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

I Applied Online and got a phone interview the second day. And then had a interview with Geek Squad manager. Lastly, interviewed with GM. The process is easy...

Interview Questions
    I Tried to negotiate, but didn't work out

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!