Best Buy

2.7

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

I got the call about the job because an old coworker worked at the store I interviewed at. The magnolia manager called me to come in and talk with him and the home theater manager. I came in, met the managers and went into office to talk. I spent an hour and a half talking with them. After that, they said they had some more interviews and had to discuss this with the GM. I wasn't gone 5 minutes before they asked me to come back to talk with the GM.

Interview Questions
  • How would you build a sale of a television to a larger basket   Answer Question
  • What are some of your favorite movies or games to use as demos on TVs   Answer Question
  • Why are you interested in this position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Standard interview process and questions asked. Fairly easy. Some questions were asked on how familiar you are with technology and what areas are you most comfortable to work in. After your first interview you will proceed to the 2nd interview where it is with a manager who pretty much ask the same questions. Then he will offer you a job and send you to get a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult questions asked. Make sure you are tech savy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I sent an application in online and was called about a week later. They set me up for my interview 4 days after the phone call. I had my first interview with the assistant store manager and did so well in my interview that I went straight over to the GM for my 2nd interview. I did so well in that interview also that she told me I already got the job. Fairly easy questions and both managers were very easy to converse with!

Interview Questions
    • They were fairly easy, the most "difficult" was "Explain to me how you close a sale", this is was just a little harder to answer because each customer is different and I also did not have the most in depth experience.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate wage.

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

First you would have an interview then, you would have a second or sometimes they will skip to the third. be prepared to look nice. I saw on guy next to me that had jeans and a t-Shirt, they told to go home. Drug screening will be after they hire you.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose best buy? What can you bring to Best Buy? They will ask questions about technological features for example a phone, TV, computers etc.   Answer Question
    They took my offer, but it never hurts to try.

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

It is a 3 step one on one interview with three different people. You have a Phone interview with the hiring manager. The second one is with one of the assistant manager. The last one is the one with the General manager of the store and if you make it to this point you have to job. If they don't bring up the pay and what not at the end of this interview than you didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation if I was you I'd put $10 an hour on your application so you can negotiate better I didn't know that until later.

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Pretty easy interview. A phone interview followed by 3 in person interviews. The process takes too long as you meet with the department supervisor. Next with the customer service manager. Lastly with the general manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Applied online. Got a call that week about a "job fair". I was confused over the phone and simply asked if I was being interviewed or not? They said yes but kept calling it a "job fair"? I've been to job fairs before where multiple companies and businesses are gathered to promote and find new employees. What this really ended up being was the biggest line for a 3 portion part interview. There were probably around 40-55 people roughly that showed up is what it felt like. Luckily I was one of the first in line (get there early).

The interview was 3 parts that took place within 45min to an hour. The first step was a simple basic interview which I kinda saw as a personality and down to earth test. The 2nd was in the back stock area where the tone was much much more serious. They looked at my resume each time and they asked me about my audio background and stuff like that. It was seen that I would be a good fit for their Home Theater/ Car Fi department. I was shocked cause I only applied for cashier, although honored.

Last interview was with the store manager, somewhat re-asking similar interview questions from the first 2. He gave me the offer for seasonal Home Theater and I accepted.

Only thing was I had to reapply as Home Theater but no big deal

Interview Questions
    Seasonal. Just given a paper of the general offer with the pay amount on it

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

You interview with HT manager first and then if they like you, you interview with the GM for the position

Interview Questions
    • Knowing what things you do know about technology compared to the manager and other employees   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

Very laid back. Very easy questions. Do not expect an intense interview process.

Interview Questions
    None, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2012.

I filled out a questionaire online and then about 4 days later was called to set up an interview. Had interview with one of the assistant mangers and was asked to come back to have a meeting with the general manager. Was asked to take a drug test and once the results came in I had orientation. Took several online trainings and then shadowed some co workers on the sales floor. It was a great work environment, second home.

Interview Questions
    • A situation where I had to set up and take leadership?   Answer Question