Best Buy Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.5

Nice Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed from two different people on two different days. It was first a supervisor and then a general manager. I was brought to the backroom. The whole thing was painfully unorganized as supervisors would forget that they were "up" for the day. General managers would go missing and so forth. I literally was turned back one day because of a well-known absence and wasn't called ahead of time. Aside from that the interview itself was rather simple.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a computer to a caveman?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Fill out the application online> Do the assessment test> Phone interview> one on one interview with the assistance manager>one on one Interview with GM> Accept or decline the offer> And finally do the background test and the drug test

Interview Questions

• what are your accomplishments? Give me an example of one of your best customer service work you have done and what was the results?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Has been relatively quick and professional. Received tour of store and was overall a very positive experience. I am impressed with the promptness and timeliness in response to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Some questions are multi-part questions.   1 Answer

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Took a week or two to hear from them . Said they would email you if your a good pick for the job . But more then likely that means they want too hire someone else i think .

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Lake Jackson, TX).

Interview

Officially three interviews but I was hired in two

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you spoke to group of people that you didn't know and gave them direction? This was the second or third question in the first interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The store manager let me know that they could not pay me the rate I had asked but came close enough for this area.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy, laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. "Have you ever stolen from a cash drawer" type of thing to make sure they aren't hiring a thief.   Answer Question

Received an offer from Walgreens for a little bit more money.

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Very simple, called a week after I applied and set up interview, first met with store assistant manager, then was called back a couple days later to meet with GM(store manager). If you get to the second interview you are pretty much hired just dont blow it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple, 2 interviews and got the job.

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The process took 1 week.

I applied online and was contacted within 3 business days about a face to face interview.

When I arrived for the interview, I waited next to another applicant who had been waiting there for a while. The wait time was approximately 1 hour until I was even brought in the room for the interview.

The interview was not very formal and the interviewer asked basic HR questions with 1 minimal technical question. I was notified that I would be called in a few days to set up a second interview with the GM.

I was called the very next day to set up an interview for the following day, a Monday. I arrived at the interview on Monday promptly with another applicant waiting once again for their interview. After another hour of waiting a manager updated us and let us know that the GM would be unavailable for interviews today and we would need to reschedule. After one of the most unprofessional encounters I have experienced yet, I am not sure why I returned the next day for the interview.

However, I did decide to return for the interview and I did not wait quite as long. The interview was quick and concise with no major questions being asked. I did confront pay expectations and I was low-balled to an extreme with no room for negotiation. He offered me 24 hours to think about it and get back to him and I decided I would continue seeking employment elsewhere.

Work At Home Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Humble, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

APAC will call you if they like your resume. If you've worked in a call center it helps.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, I-9's need to be notarized and they don't send you the correct form for notary., clean background and drug screening required   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be ready to be rushed through your training which isn't very good training. So you won't be ready to answer customers without chat to supervisors when you start taking calls. The one that trained me had 20 other people with a lot of system issues.

Sales Transaction Assistant - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Pearland, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back in 2wks. Sales manager told me he was going to 2 interviews and it would take 30mins as long if the first interview panned out. He ended up doing a GM 3rd interview right then and there and I wound up being there for an hour and was offered a job on the spot. I was offered 9.00/hr which was more than originally told me because of my experience and for doing a good interview. I was also told about the opportunities there were for growth within the company.

Interview Questions

• Explain the perfect manager in your opinion.   1 Answer
    • What are your expectations for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He asked what salary I was expecting and since I wasn't sure what they paid I said between $8-$10 since I was getting $7.90 already but I was open. He told me they pay about $8.50-8.75. At the end of the interview he offered me $9.00/hr based on experience and a good interview.