Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015
2,241 Interview Reviews

2.4

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The interview process was not very difficult. They tell you about the job and you answer some pretty easy questions. The interview is one day and with your potential manager. As long as you come in with the mentality that you will get the job then after the interview the job is yours

Interview Questions

• How will you contribute to the company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Got a call and right after an interview several days after applied. Went in and waited for a while in the employee lounge room. HR and Geek Squad Manager were in the room. Basically, only the HR asked questions listed in a sheet of paper, taking notes about my answers. It does not like a conversation more like taking a test.

Interview Questions

• If you have a difficult customer, what would you do? Something like that   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

They like when you give them real life stories of situations. Give good details of certain situations when you're explaining what you would do in a certain situation. Talk about why it's important to give the customer a good experience in-store. What makes the client shop in-store opposed to just shopping online on amazon.com. Lead competitor

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a customer was unhappy or disgruntled. What did you do to resolve the problem, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called the next day to set up an interview. The first interview is with a supervisor, usually the supervisor of the department you are going to be in. A few hours after the interview they called me to set up a second interview, this time with the store manager. Both interviews weren't difficult just be yourself and work experience obviously helps as with any job you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you went out of your way to help someone, what was the result?   Answer Question

Sales Associate DI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Plano, TX).

Interview

It was a 2 part interview...the first part was very different...they interviewed in threes. It did allow me to see the other two people were...not likely very good with people, but it was also very impersonal. The second interview the store manager asked a few question then offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• The question were all generic and basically just testing your ability to be social   1 Answer

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

1st interview was over the phone where the hiring representative asks your availability and a few simple questions and gives you an interview date, 2nd interview i had with the assistant manager because the typical manager was on maternity leave and he asked me a bunch of questions off a sheet and wrote down my answers, 3rd interview is with the general manager (finally) whom makes the final hiring decsion and his or her questions are more focused on pay, and how you want to be treated in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect managment to treat you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Pretty positive experience, very relaxed and easy going. Nothing really out of the ordinary was asked. If you get a call you then interview w/manager; for me, same day, I then had an interview w/ GM.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone by the store manager about a month later to come in for an interview. The interview itself was short- about 20 minutes and was the typical retail sales associate interview, so one on one with the store manager and simple questions about your experience, why you want the job, why you'd be a good fit, etc.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with unhappy customers. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interviewer made me wait OVER 30 mins!!! because he was “busy” and the whole time he was just sitting at his desk and running his mouth, so I was legit pissed, he was a jerk.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? what can you/we bring to the table?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

Basic computer and hardware trouble shooting questions were asked. A panel interview was used comprising of the department manager in which you are apply for and a store manager. Technical questions were asked by the department manager. Questions were also asked about your available schedule. You are more likely to be hired if you are willing to work weekends.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps taken when you power on you computer but get no response.   Answer Question