Best Buy Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Inventory and Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wesley Chapel, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I applied to Best Buy online and within two days later I received a phone call which was my phone interview which was approx. 5 minutes. She then said he would send that along to the next supervisor which would be over the department I was applying for. Within two days after the phone interview I got a call from the supervisor asking if I could come in the next day for the 2nd interview which approx. lasted 10 minutes and everything went smoothly everyone was nice! He then he would forward my application to the General Manager (GM) for the final interview. Within three days after the 2nd interview I got a phone call for my last and final interview the next day with the General Manager as to where he hired me and asked what I was willing to get paid!

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: 'Have you ever seen an associate stealing? What should happen to them?"   View Answers (2)
    Atleast negotiate $1.00 up from pay

Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

*Did the online app

*Gotta call exactly a week later for the phone interview

*Went in for the 2nd interview, went great, said I would get a call in 3-5 days for the 3rd and final interview, when reality the called me, not even an hour after the second interview, for the last one

*Met the GM, he was funny and I got hired on the spot.

*All in all great people, awesome experience and I'm really looking forward to working with them!!

Interview Questions
    • Pretty easy interview. nothing out of the ordinary!! :)   Answer Question

CEM Interview

Be yourself, and know your business, and use words you know. If you follow the rules and are a good people person you will be successful. The best thing is know the market and community you work with in.

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Braintree, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Applied the job online, got a called for interview about 3 weeks later. I went in and have an interview with the GM, The interview very laid back. The GM took me to the backroom, she ask me about 10-14 questions about my work experience, the situation how to deal with other people. The interview last 10-15 minutes. I got hired on the spot. She told me do the drug test and came back in a week later to do the orientation. I started work the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want work here?
      What should you do if a customer ask but you don't know the answer?
      Tell me about yourself?
        Answer Question

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

Everything was great. He spoke about the company and what I would be doing. I already know a lot about tvs. They helped me with talking to customers. I picked it up quick and moved it fast. Just talk about how well you can talk to customers. You will do fine

Interview Questions
    • Nothing,just the basic questions you can find online or YouTube.   Answer Question
    Offer,take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee  in  Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

Never got a call or email I really want to work there. I want to start a career at best but. I called them and said is there any status they said by this week they will notify people for 2nd interviews.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

The general manager emailed me saying she had seen my resume on Indeed.com, asking me for an interview. I said yes, and got a phone call from an assistant manager on Saturday afternoon. Who calls on a Saturday? I had the interview Wednesday of the same week. He said I would be interviewing with the GM and that he put it on her calendar, but when I got there she was at lunch. So I interviewed with yet another assistant manager, who didn't even work in the customer service section. He didn't seem particularly interested in having to do an interview. He asked the list of questions off his sheet and wrote a lot of what I said. He really didn't ask any follow up questions or give much feedback. The whole thing lasted maybe 10 minutes. He said that they had 3 more interviews that day to do and that I would get an email. I did a couple days later informing me of my rejection. Questions were basic, like Why Best Buy? and Tell me about an upset customer and how you dealt with it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an upset customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Destin, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

I applied for a cashier position but was interviewed for a Computer Sales Associate. I was new to town and had only what was in my suitcase so I asked about dress code and was told as long as I didn't show up in jeans and a tank top I was good. I wasn't given names of my interviewer, but I called back and found out. Interview was not only quick, but it was lots of fun and he made me feel very relaxed. I was immediately told I would be interviewed by the GM two days later and this time I was given a name. Second interview also went well, but upon arriving the GM didn't even know he was supposed to interview me that day. Again, the interview was relaxed and fun. I was offered the job on the spot and given a date for paperwork and orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • How extensive is your knowledge of computers and electronics?   Answer Question
    • Most of the questions were about where I was coming from. Having married a former BBY employee and being related to another I managed to steer the interview into a discussion of their policies and ethics and how they fit me.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to sell the GM an electronic or appliance of my choosing.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate hourly pay to compensate for semi-long commute. The negotiation process and contract signing were smooth, relaxed and actually quite fun and quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

The interview process is lengthy. You have multiple interviews within the company. The process can be time consuming as most times the do a mass hiring especially during the busy seasons.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? as being a kid still in high school this question can seem like the hardest to answer.   Answer Question

Multi Channel Sales Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2011.

I applied for the position online and received a call for a phone interview about 3 days later. The phone interview was very brief and lasted no more than 5 minutes. After answering general interview questions (experience, work ethics, etc.), I was scheduled for an interview with the department manager at the store.

The manager asked simple questions similar to questions asked during the phone interview. The department manager was pleased with my answers and scheduled an interview with the general manager. The interview was also pretty brief (about 15 minutes long).

The interview with the general manager was the longest and most thorough interview - although I wouldn't consider it more difficult than the second interview. After answering general interview questions and discussing pay rate and availability, I was offered the position and was scheduled for a drug test three days after the interview.

I was contacted about 5 days after my drug test for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you lead a project or job and the outcome.   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!