Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
1,891 Interview Reviews

2.4

Front End Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Have interview with supervisor and then with general manager. Basic interview questions on managing employees, when you went above and beyond to help a customer, etc. Managers are looking for a supervisor without the pay of a supervisor. If outside company you get a phone screen first before a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • When did you go above and beyond to help a customer?
      When did you have to coach an employee and what was the outcome?

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Initial phone screen with recruiter went very well. Was told in-person interviews would take place the following week. Did not receive responses to my inquiries until two weeks later when I was emailed an in-person interview time. I was to meet with three members of the management team. The interview started late and only two of the managers bothered to show up and seemed disinterested from the start. Was not until the end of the one hour interview that I was informed that the position I was interviewing for was filled by an internal employee and they were now looking to back fill that person at a lower level. No responses to thank yous and no response from the recruiter over several weeks. Overall a negative experience and unprofessional process. Waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions. "Describe a time when..."   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

My process was a week and a half long. I interviewed on a Tuesday and Friday of the next week I had a second interview with the General Manager and received a job offer right after the interview. Was informed that I have to wait for a email with the official job offer which will include background and drug test info. Everyone is very laid back and seem to truly enjoy working at Best Buy. Management treats you as a member of their team and not as your worker.

Interview Questions
    • What is your view on employee theft.   View Answer
    • What kinds of things did you do at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Merchandising and Inventory Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

I applied on February 20th, 2015. I got a call on the 24th..so 4 days after I applied I got a call from the store manager, she told me to come in for an interview. She was super nice on the phone, and I was really excited. When I got there they asked the usual question, "why do you want to work here", "when was a time you had to go the extra mile for a customer" and so on, that took about 15-20 minutes. She told me that I was a good fit as a computer sales person as well, so I was interviewed by the person In charge of that department too. After the interview was over, the store manager told me to come back tomorrow to talk to the GM, for a second imterview. He interviewed me and after probably 10 minutes he offered me the job. After the GM offered me the job, he told me that I will be getting an electronic job offer in my email, the same email that I used to apply for the job with, I still haven received anything yet, but it's the weekend anyways so I think I'll receive it on Monday or Tuesday the latest. Both of the interviews that were conducted were super fun and relaxed, there was no pressure at all. Everyone was really nice, I even got to know the employees before I even started. When I receive the electronic job offer I will obviously accept it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go the extra mile to for a customer   Answer Question
    I would just be yourself, and don't say generic stuff like "I would love to work here because I love electronics".

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

It was a fun interview process. Management at my store used to be very laid back. We cut up a lot in my interview. Basic interview questions, why best buy? I was asked about my sales experience as well as customer service experience. tell us about a time you succeeded as part of a team. They had me role play a sale. I was asked about my interest in technology, how confident i was in my ability with electronics.

Interview Questions
    • if someone steals what should happen to them   View Answer
    I am not good at negotiating pay. I found out later that i should have asked for more up front. but, i was hired in temporary, became part time, later became full-time.

Demand Planning Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

First had a phone interview, then they called back to invite me to their corporate office. Was there with four other applicants. Interviewed with three different groups who all asked similar questions. They kept it very relaxed throughout.

Interview Questions
    • You have 3 barrels of apples, oranges, and apples/oranges. They are all labeled incorrectly. You're allowed to look inside 1 barrel. How do you correctly label each?   View Answer

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Applied online, got a call for an interview with the department manager a few weeks later. The interview was filled with questions about personality, general interview questions, then customer service questions. Got a call 3 hours after for another interview with the GM for the next week. The interview with the GM manager was very laid back, asked the same questions as the department manager. Then gave me the paper for the hiring process, still waiting on the email offer.

Interview Questions
    • How did you go an extra mile for a customer? why do you want to work at best buy?   Answer Question

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2015.

The interview was very quick. The lady took me to her office and read me questions off of a piece of paper. As I talked, she wrote down my answers. It reminded me of when you give a presentation and your professor has their head down the whole time taking notes. I was hoping for more of a conversation type interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw an employee or customer steal a candy bar would you let it slide or would you address the issue?   Answer Question

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2015.

manager was late to the interview. Basic questions were asked. What threw me was the "tell me about yourself questions " it was vague and I was not prepared for that question. Although I recovered later on I think that initial stumble messed it up for me

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work at best buy. Is stealing candy and soda okay?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2015.

It was very laid back. I waited in a room until my interviewer came in. She introduced herself. Told me about her role. What I would be doing. She had me tell her about myself. Once I got to know her, I opened up. They are very relaxing and cool.

Interview Questions
    • They asked typical "Describe a situation in which you..."   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate anything. Everything was straight forward.