Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015
2,378 Interview Reviews

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The interview process was not very difficult. They tell you about the job and you answer some pretty easy questions. The interview is one day and with your potential manager. As long as you come in with the mentality that you will get the job then after the interview the job is yours

Interview Questions

• How will you contribute to the company?   2 Answers

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Duluth, MN).

Interview

Interview was 1:1 process. Fairly straightforward questioning, with use cases thrown in. Since the store was in a mall, we had the interview at the Caribou Coffee across the mall hallway. Nothing out of the ordinary. Although since I wanted this job very badly, I persistently asked for the GM every few days to ensure I would get an interview.

Interview Questions

• If someone came into the store and started looking suspicious, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I completed my application online, and was called the next day to set up an interview. My first interview was with 2 managers, one of which was a manager for Digital Imaging. They were both really nice and did not make me feel pressured. I was told they liked me and I would get a call within the next day or two to set up an interview with the General Manager. I was called the next day to set up the interview. The General Manager was really nice, and also made me feel very comfortable. He asked a me a few questions, told me how the store was run, and then told me I got the job. I then received an email asking to accept the job, and more info on the job like how to do the drug test, what clothes I needed to buy, and help them with some info on the background check.

Interview Questions

• He actually asked me to ask him (manager) some questions.   1 Answer
    • If you caught an employee stealing, what would you do? And if you were the manager handling the situation, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If my mother was going into the store to buy a camera, how would you expect the sales associate to treat her?   Answer Question
    • If you had $2000 to spend, would you come to Best Buy to spend it, and if so, why would you go to Best Buy and no other stores?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied online got called in for interview with in 2 weeks and was hired on the spot and was told to come in to work the following week. After being hired you have to do some online classes about brands or how to deal with customers.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer that is mad? Do you know alot about technology?   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (West Covina, CA).

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. They have a packet of questions that are similar to each job. The manager was nice, but I had to wait over an hour for him to come, so they can be late at times. Interview was comprised of 6-8 questions regarding teamwork skills, situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult team.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you went above and beyond.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macedonia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Macedonia, OH).

Interview

I actually applied for the cashier position, however I was interviewed by the manager of home theater and that is the department I started in before going to the warehouse.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about working in television sales/   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Brief phone call to determine availability. First interview with department manager with situational questions from a packet. Second interview with general manager, completing the same packet. Given an offer around a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your previous experience where you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you recover that situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after submitting an application online. I ended up Interviewing with the manager of department then shortly after the general manager of the store joined us. After the 1st interview I had an impromptu interview with the supervisors of the department to see if we meshed well.

Interview Questions

• How far do you live? Are you okay with doing the same thing over and over?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN).

Interview

My interview process was as follows. Apply online. Scheduled a phone screen with the HR recruiter. Then a series of in person interviews; one with the hiring manager; several with key leaders I would be working with.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

They like when you give them real life stories of situations. Give good details of certain situations when you're explaining what you would do in a certain situation. Talk about why it's important to give the customer a good experience in-store. What makes the client shop in-store opposed to just shopping online on amazon.com. Lead competitor

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a customer was unhappy or disgruntled. What did you do to resolve the problem, what was the outcome?   1 Answer