Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
1,690 Interview Reviews

2.4

Cashier Interview

I interviewed and got hired the same day. The interview was pretty simple, it was my first job and first interview. They gave me a form to take the drug test within 72 hours.

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Standard interview process and questions asked. Fairly easy. Some questions were asked on how familiar you are with technology and what areas are you most comfortable to work in. After your first interview you will proceed to the 2nd interview where it is with a manager who pretty much ask the same questions. Then he will offer you a job and send you to get a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult questions asked. Make sure you are tech savy.   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

it was easy and everything went smoothly the managers were great, they ask you things that you would expect anyone to ask so just go in there and be yourself because if your not they will find out eventually

better job

Assistant Manager Interview

Typical questions to determine perssonality and problem solving skills. The environment was laid back and friendly, but not the most professionally setup. A lot of the questions felt repetitive. They want specific details from your own experiences. Take time before your interview to think about specific situations and employees that needed special attention.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are about overcoming problems in specific situations.   Answer Question

Asset Protection Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Applied online. Got called back to interview within a week. Interviewed, was very easy. Job offer about 3 weeks later. Overall super easy if you aren't simple minded. Got hired. Is this 30 words yet jesus christ?!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had to solve a problem.   View Answer

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy.

Three stage interview process. They want to hear specific experiences regarding customer service and your ability to handle challenging situations.Have stories prepared of specific situations and specific issues. They ask you how you work with a team and how you handle conflicts with others.

Interview Questions
    There really was not a negotiation. During my employment, one candidate attempted to negotiate pay and the manager revoked the offer.

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

I went in originally for a mobile sales position. They told me I would probably be better off with geek squad. I talked with the leader of the geek squad for a good hour discussing the position. It wasn't an official interview. I came in a few days later for an interview with the geek squad manager. Everything went smoothly. I then went for another interview with the general manager. I told me he would call me in a few days and let me know if I got the job. I waited a good week or two and got an email saying I didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would handle an employee theft or a customer theft.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Apply online and interview with the Manager then final interview is with the GM. From the time the online recruiter called to the time that you are brought in for an interview was about a month. If you apply during the holidays, the time is shorter. You are temporary for holiday help and if they like you, they will find a way to keep you. Have answers ready for relationship building skills.

Interview Questions
    • Is it ever okay to take something without paying for it.   Answer Question

Magnolia Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

The interview was pretty simple. It consisted of a phone interview, then an in-store interview, follow by an interview with the GM of the store and one of the managers. All questions were basic cookie cutter, such as where do you see yourself in 5 years? what was your worst retail experience?, and how do you handle negative feedback?

Interview Questions
    What you would expect from retail.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

The 1st Interview consisted of a packet that ask questions regarding circumstances. For example: "Tell me a time when you went the mile for a customer or person"? Or "Tell me a situation where the customer had a problem, what was the outcome and what did you do"? I would say to make sure to write down or think of times before the interview when these situations might happen. Also think of reasons why working at Best Buy interests you. They will ask, "Tell me about yourself"? Make sure you express that you work GREAT with teams and give examples. Also when telling about yourself make sure you point out achievements in your life and a little personal. Do not seem like a boring person, but don't outdue yourself either.

The 2nd interview will be with the General Manager or the store. This may seem scary but the two that I have worked with are very friendly. But it does not mean they aren't paying attention to you. This should be all about personality. They will ask you kind of the same questions as the 1st interview but with him/her.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of situational questions. Every seemed to be normal. Nothing out of the ordinary interview.   View Answer
    Able to negotiate position/title. If they feel you may not belong in that place they can move you. They don't negotiate salary nor starting out Part-time. They work mostly internally. Even mangers must work their way up from the bottom.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!