Best Buy

1,414 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lifestyles Sales Consultant Interview

Auburn, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Interview Details – If you are an outgoing individual, you'll get the job. If you are what some would say "socially awkward" there's not a chance. In order to work at Best Buy you have to communicate clearly and be able to solve customer issues swiftly. The interviewer will do their best to see if you are qualified. You also must show interest in new, old, and upcoming technologies (no, loving video games does not check you off on this subject). When I was interviewed for this position I had prior researched the company history, listed every person I know that works there, listed my talents, and made a connection with the interviewer on common hobbies. If you do this you will most likely be hired. Also I'd like to add that if you are only interviewed for 30 min or less you're probably not going to get the job. The interviewer will go beyond the scheduled time if they take serious interest in you.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions for a salesman. You sell yourself the same way you sell your products.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Everett, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

Interview Details – it is an online application. Each application is sent to the store directly via email. If they like your resume/application enough, you will receive a phone call for screening (terribly easy to pass) in which you will be offered an interview. At this particular best buy, the first interview is done by the Supervisor and Manager of the preferred department. If you pass their interview, you will be called in for a final interview with the GM himself, as he likes to make sure each of his employees are up to the Best Buy standard.

Interview Question – There were not difficult questions, although a few of them revealed a lot more about myself than I cared to give.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the job online. I got a call a week later asking me to come into the store. In store interview was easy.

Interview Question – If you aren't a moron you can get a job. They asked me all kinds of stupid questions like if I did drugs, steal or if I had been arrested. They literally asked me if I needed $10, would I borrow it from the register. When I said "No" I was then asked if borrowing $5 was ok. Then $1.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was given a dollar per hour rate and told that was all they would offer.

Mobile Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Warner Robins, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was not difficult. I initially conducted a phone interview which went well. This interview was basic and laid the foundation for the subsequent interview which was conducted in-person. The company requires every potential employee to be interviewed by two current managers. These two interviews were nearly identical in terms of the questions that I was asked.

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?   Answer Question

Geek Squad Counter-Service Agent Interview

Dublin, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied using their online system, then followed up in-person. The manager who reviewed my information asked me to come back for a formal interview and set a time/date with me. When I returned for the formal interview, I was informed that it was his day off; I had to come in at random a couple times until he was working and track him down in the store to ask about my interview. Once I found him, he felt bad for having forgotten and interviewed me right on the spot.

Interview Question – There were hardly any questions involving technology. The hardest part of the interview was having to come up with examples of how resilient you can be to angry customers.   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Texarkana, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Interview Details – After putting in my application I was contacted within 2 weeks by one of the employees to set up an interview. My initial interview was with the DCI (my current supervisor) of the store. He asked 3 basic questions (Tell me about yourself and why you want this position, Name a time you went above and beyond to help a client and what was the result, Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a frustrated/angry client and what was the result of it). The interview gets better when he gives me time to ask questions and I feel that is where they find out if you are right for the job due to the amount and type of questions you ask. After that in about another 2 weeks I was scheduled to interview with the general manager of the store. He asked me some basic business questions (what would you do if you saw an employee steal a quarter out of the register or a small product like a soda or something). After a few of those he offered me the job and then we talked pay. It felt like you could bargain it up a bit if you were willing to try. After that you take a drug test and finish the paper work then you start training.

Interview Question – Not so much the base questions, but the hardest would be is if you have any questions for them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to talk my starting pay up a bit due to qualifications and the simple fact that I was assertive about it. Key is to be assertive, but not disrespectful.

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I put in my application online and was called over the phone 4 days later. I was told to come in for the initial interview. I was then told to come back for a final interview with the GM. Asked the tell me about yourself question and past jobs.

Interview Question – Really there's only one question that matters. How would you handle (insert situation here). Use your common sense. How would you handle an angry customer? There's only one right answer. You stay calm and kindly be informative as well as apologetic. Be creative and positive. You have nothing to worry about. They are people just looking for kind foot soldiers to execute there business model. Own it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told a salary (take it of leave it) and I needed a job so I took it.

Cashier Interview

Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and got a call about a week later. They asked me if I was still interested in the job, and what my availability was. Scheduled an interview for a few days later, and the first interview was really quick, about 10 minutes. Afterwards he asked if I could come in the next day for another interview. I did and after a couple questions was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, what caught me off guard was the expectations of working with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't really a negotiation...I said I'd be willing to work for 8.25/hr but he said they'll be starting me out at more.

Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Asked the typical questions, "how do you lead..." "tell me about a time when..." and then asked about the three main expenditures, labor, shrink, and EOL.

Interview Question – Expenditures. I blanked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was young and accepted the first offer. $22.50 per hour. Honestly, I should have held out. They will ALWAYS lowball.

Best Buy Multi-Channel Sales Associate (MCSA) Interview

Texarkana, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Initially applied for CSA (Customer Service) position,& was recommended to apply for this job...I had a total of 3 interviews-in the first I was rejected for CSA,the second I interviewed with the Sales Support supervisor & in the 3rd I interviewed with the GM for about 10 minutes and was then hired on spot.

Interview Question – There weren't really any questions that were too difficult but it was my first interview in a while so they were all difficult ;)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy interview questions and advice. All 1,414 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.