Best Buy Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.3

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Got a call and right after an interview several days after applied. Went in and waited for a while in the employee lounge room. HR and Geek Squad Manager were in the room. Basically, only the HR asked questions listed in a sheet of paper, taking notes about my answers. It does not like a conversation more like taking a test.

Interview Questions

• If you have a difficult customer, what would you do? Something like that   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in March 2015.

Interview

Did not get to interview with original person I was told I would meet. I had to wait 30 minutes for the GM to come in even though I was told the Geek Squad manager would be seeing me. Told me to wait a little bit more as he got a coffee down the street. After listening to me talk about my experience, he shut me down told me I was overqualified and that he would love me at the store in a different position. Told me to call in a few days and he would set me up. I called twice, once I was told to call back because he was busy. The second time I wasn't even on hold when he acted confused about ever interviewing me and then told the one who answered that he was too busy and would get back to me some other day. He never called, and I refused to hound this GM down.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of your customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Plymouth, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was short to the point, generic, and learned almost nothing about me, they didn't care, we both knew I already had the job because they were so desperate for cashiers and then gave me a different job

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Two face to face interviews in store. You must first pass a phone interview before you get an interview in store. Always come dress business professional. Drug and background check needed before hire.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need to negotiate. Pay rate is based on experience.

Geek Squad CIA Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Only one interview and that was in store by the Hiring Manager. I was very dissatisfied with the lack of consideration they had for my time due to the fact that I was told to wait for 2 hours for the HR Manager to return from "lunch break".

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Interview

Applied online, within a couple weeks was contacted over the phone to come in and do an in person interview. The interview was pretty casual, nothing out of the ordinary. The manager I interviewed with was pretty cool and easy going.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntle customer?   1 Answer

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Interview

they test your skills with visual identification of parts, and test of skills on a computer,its not hard if your really a geek at heart.its simply to see a bit of what you know and how you will fit into the "squad"

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process in 3 phases, phone, geeksquad manager, store manager. Once you hit the 3rd phase you pretty much typically get the job and at point you're discussing wages. The questions were relatively easy to handle.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to a customer who has no technical knowledge of what a motherboard is?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Went for two interviews, was told the over the phone call was my first interview but honestly all they did was ask when I wanted to meet them in person. First interview the guy showed me around the place and asked me some situational questions, then told me that he would schedule me for the same time the next week, and that he would also consider me for other positions around the store considering they have more of a need for workers in other positions then they do for Geek Squad. At the Second Interview I ended up waiting for 30-40 minutes because there was a scheduling mishap, for some reason my interview was scheduled during an important meeting with one of the departments. Once the interview started it was more of the same thing but this time with the store's General Manager.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do to make sure that you meet your hourly sales goals?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Everything was great. He spoke about the company and what I would be doing. I already know a lot about tvs. They helped me with talking to customers. I picked it up quick and moved it fast. Just talk about how well you can talk to customers. You will do fine

Interview Questions

• Nothing,just the basic questions you can find online or YouTube.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer,take it or leave it