Best Buy

Updated Dec 16, 2014
1,792 Interview Reviews

2.4

Geek Squad, Covert-Operations Agent (COA) Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

The interview process began by a phone call, asking general questions. Then followed by a skype chat interview. After this interview, there was another telephonic interview which involved both technical and behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Don't you feel that you might get lonely working from home and if yes, what you will do to overcome that feeling?   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in December 2014.

I applied online and one of my friends who works there referred me to the hiring manager as well. I got a call a week after I applied. I went in and the manager's computer was not working and that was unfortunate since the interview questions were on the computer. So, we casually talked and he asked me about my self and what I was expecting from the job and my technology background. After we were done he offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • What are you expecting from being a mobile sales consultant   Answer Question
    I got offered more than I asked for so I accepted and had no reason to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Best Buy.

Make sure you mention how you are highly team oriented, friendly, organized, high energy and love the latest and greatest technology. They will more than likely hire you in the holiday season make sure you show up everyday ready to help crazy holiday people if you can make it through with your sanity you'll do well.

None

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

One interview, background check, and drug test. Standard retail interview. Most of the questions are situational questions. They will also most likely ask about your willingness to work the holidays and other peak business times.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, how you handled it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I was excited to be making more than minimum wage. They pay was decent for a college student with very little job experience.

Cashier Interview

Very basic interview. Go through the typical online questions, if you pass those standardized questions you'll receive a call and have a face to face interview with pretty standard questions such as "Tell me about a situation when you had a difficult boss."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when you were unable to complete a project.   Answer Question

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Had an initial interview with a supervisor that entailed very basic interview questions and preferences regarding department. The second interview was with the general manager and was similar and almost less specific than the initial interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in December 2011.

It consists of an online application first. After a day or so I would call the store you are trying to get hired at and show some interest in scheduling your interview. The interview was straight forward," Why Best Buy? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How can you contribute to the Best Buy family?" As long as that goes well you will be scheduled for a drug test and hopefully a job.

Interview Questions
    • All were easy personality based questions   View Answer
    None

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in April 2012.

The process started with a simple application that I feel is fairly standard in the retail world. I was then called in for a brief interview with the person that would become my direct supervisor. I was then asked to take a drug test. I finally was called back to speak with the general manager and was immediately offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly basic questions. Even though I felt that the question was simple, I know some people struggle when asked "What would you do if you saw a friend stealing?"   Answer Question

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

interviewed at Best Buy in November 2014.

When I first got there, you have to ask the person who greets everyone that you're there for an interview. Then they call their supervisors and you wait til you get called. I had my first interview in a room in front of the checkout lanes. The first question I was asked was why I was interested in best buy. Then I was asked about my past work experiences dealing with people. What are my strengths, weaknesses. How do you work with a teammates etc. After my interview ended they called me later that day for a second interview which I had with the store manager. The second interview was almost the same as the first with the questions asked but I was asked about my prior work experience and asked to explain what I do. This interview took place in the home theatre section of the store. Basically once you get to this second interview you are basically offered the job. All is left if you are able to meet their hourly demands as I learned that you can't get a M-F 9-5 job and the work schedule is usually flexible and never fixed.

Interview Questions

I was offered the job but they wanted me to work during Black Friday. I had already made previous arrangements for Black Friday and wasn't able to work on those days. Therefor I wasn't able to accept the job at the moment

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2011.

I applied online and that process took a while since you had to take a skills test and if you scored well on the skills test then you will be called by a manager to set up an interview for your first interview they ask you basic questions like tell me about yourself and if you saw someone stealing what would you do. The last interview is with the Store manager they will be the deciding factor with the manager who first interviewed you to offer you a job or not. If they like you they will hire you on the spot if you did a great interview and if they are still deciding then they will call you in a few days but if you are hired on the spot then the next steps are the background check and the drug test and the drug test has to be done within 48 hours or the offer is not offered. Once you get through all of that process then you do new hire training with the store manger in the office you watch a few videos go over paperwork and make sure you bring two forms of ID once the Paperwork is finished then you go on a store tour. After the initial training then you will get your start date and then the real training starts in the form of E learnings with tests and you have I think it was three to six months to finish the E learnings and some of them are lengthy to do but you learn a lot from the material that is presented to you.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation they have a set pay amount for different positions and based on experience.