Best Buy

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in February 2015.

Well I applied for the Customer Service Specialist and I ended up getting Mobile Sales Consultant! the manager we're super nice and laid back. You can tell they actually cared for their employees and want the best of people to work there. This was my first real interview and they really helped me not get nervous or anything.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me basic questions like What would you do in his situation? If you see an employee stealing what do you do? -Say tell the manager. Then they ask what should that employee get for stealing- Say they should be fired. Its kind of a make or break question.   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Applied online, got a call for an interview with the department manager a few weeks later. The interview was filled with questions about personality, general interview questions, then customer service questions. Got a call 3 hours after for another interview with the GM for the next week. The interview with the GM manager was very laid back, asked the same questions as the department manager. Then gave me the paper for the hiring process, still waiting on the email offer.

Interview Questions
    • How did you go an extra mile for a customer? why do you want to work at best buy?   Answer Question

Nice Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

I was interviewed from two different people on two different days. It was first a supervisor and then a general manager. I was brought to the backroom. The whole thing was painfully unorganized as supervisors would forget that they were "up" for the day. General managers would go missing and so forth. I literally was turned back one day because of a well-known absence and wasn't called ahead of time. Aside from that the interview itself was rather simple.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a computer to a caveman?   View Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2012.

The interview process was LONG for me. I initially had a phone interview which was about 15 minutes, they then scheduled me for a face to face interview for a couple of days later. I went to the face to face and it went great! The manager told me that they would definitely be getting in contact for a second interview and I went my merry way! 3 MONTHS go by and I finally get another call to schedule another interview because my first interview was not valid anymore. I'm pretty sure their store was going through some kind of management change and that's why it may have taken so long? Anywho, I did 3 interviews in one day, one with a manager, the other with a supervisor and then final one with the store's General Manager. I was offered a position and I accepted ! I trained for about 2 weeks and once I got the hang of everything I received my blue shirt.

Merchandising and Inventory Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

I applied on February 20th, 2015. I got a call on the 24th..so 4 days after I applied I got a call from the store manager, she told me to come in for an interview. She was super nice on the phone, and I was really excited. When I got there they asked the usual question, "why do you want to work here", "when was a time you had to go the extra mile for a customer" and so on, that took about 15-20 minutes. She told me that I was a good fit as a computer sales person as well, so I was interviewed by the person In charge of that department too. After the interview was over, the store manager told me to come back tomorrow to talk to the GM, for a second imterview. He interviewed me and after probably 10 minutes he offered me the job. After the GM offered me the job, he told me that I will be getting an electronic job offer in my email, the same email that I used to apply for the job with, I still haven received anything yet, but it's the weekend anyways so I think I'll receive it on Monday or Tuesday the latest. Both of the interviews that were conducted were super fun and relaxed, there was no pressure at all. Everyone was really nice, I even got to know the employees before I even started. When I receive the electronic job offer I will obviously accept it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go the extra mile to for a customer   Answer Question
    I would just be yourself, and don't say generic stuff like "I would love to work here because I love electronics".

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

The overall hiring process was very laid back and simple. I met with the general manager and was asked a few basic interview questions. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted. Afterward, I was asked to complete a drug screen, and I started working the following week.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and how would they contribute to this company?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Got a call from them to set up an in person interview with an assistant manager. They asked the general interview questions for a retail environment. Then a day later got a call back to do a second interview with the store manager, the questions with the store manager were more specific to the department as well as the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to help a customer in a short amount of time?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

The interview lasted about twenty minutes.
    i was asked questions like... how will you handle a angry customer, tell me a time when u
    handled a difficult task and what did you do etc
    Simple questions about how you will handle possible situations on the job

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle a angry customer
      Tell me a time when you handled a difficult task
      How do you update yourself

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in February 2015.

They had two postings on indeed.com, and I had applied to both. Within 5 days I received a call from a lady that worked there, and the ONLY questions she asked me were "whats your availability" and "how many years of experience do you have", that was all. Afterwards I was told to come in and interview with the Store manager a week after and to bring a copy of my resume, easy peezy right? So today I had the interview which was to be conducted at 3:00, but I had to wait for about a half hour or so since he was busy with other candidates, then he called me in. NICEST GUY IN THE WORLD! I felt like the guy was my best friend. The GM was in the store as well but he was busy selling some stuff, I guess he was based out of that store. SO, back to my interview, basically I sat down and he informed me that hes going to ask me 8 questions and jot some notes down, but even before we started he told me about himself and his strong interest and music to which i could compare. We literally talked about our favorite albums for fifteen minutes before starting. For some odd reason, I was really nervous when asked the questions, I found myself mixing up words and sentences, and sometimes stalling, it really bugged me as its never happened before. At the end i was informed that there were MANY applicants, they had been interviewing for two weeks straight for 4 positions. He then told me I would know by Saturday weather I got the job or not and that's what im waiting on. As far as the questions... pretty much whats on here, some you might run into, some you might not, the exact questions i was asked are down there.

Interview Questions
    • 1. "sell yourself in 30 seconds, what makes you stand out"
      2. "when did you go above and beyond for a customer"
      3. "what do you like, and dislike about working in a team"
      4. " tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer, how did you resolve it"
      5. " tell me about a time you set a goal for yourself, and you failed, how did you overcome and learn:
      6. " If you were dealing with someone who knew nothing about tvs, how would you help them, and in what steps"

View Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Very nice management and friendly interview process. A lot of the same questions through both of my interviews and they really love to know why you want to work at Best Buy. They get a lot of " I love technology" so try another route. Overall very good.