Best Buy Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Baltimore, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

We spoke about my past work experiences and how they would relate to the job. A lot of experience in a team environment is helpful. We also spoke about my education and what certifications I held or that I was trained / training for. It was a very "business casual" experience. I didn't feel intimidated at all.

Interview Questions

• About 20 or so. Also had me take apart a desktop and assemble it back together.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sarasota, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

pretty straight forward and asked simple selling questions. i did not get the original position i aplied for and one i was hired i was never given the chance for the position. nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with a frustraited customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Plymouth, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was short to the point, generic, and learned almost nothing about me, they didn't care, we both knew I already had the job because they were so desperate for cashiers and then gave me a different job

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Riverside, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Apply online, usually get a call for a first interview with the department supervisor. If you do well you'll get a call for a second face to face interview, this time with a store manager. Received my offer immediately after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing a soda?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they made a fair offer at the time and were very strict about adhering to that offer.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Ontario, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

interview was a very long process. I first went to a job fair they were having and had to literally interview with 2 people. After that I interviewed with some people from the geek squad department. After that I interviewed with another supervisor and then the GM. It was a very long process

Interview Questions

• standard questions, Why do you want to work here? what can you bring to the tabel?   1 Answer

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Got a call and right after an interview several days after applied. Went in and waited for a while in the employee lounge room. HR and Geek Squad Manager were in the room. Basically, only the HR asked questions listed in a sheet of paper, taking notes about my answers. It does not like a conversation more like taking a test.

Interview Questions

• If you have a difficult customer, what would you do? Something like that   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Omaha, NE) in June 2012.

Interview

First is setting up for a phone interview, next is the first phone interview they ask you a lot of questions if they like you you go onto your DM interview (for geeksquad that is your Deputy and one of the store managers) if they like you, you go onto the GM interview if he likes you you are set up for training!

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with an angry client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no there was not it was a take it or leave it offer.

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process in 3 phases, phone, geeksquad manager, store manager. Once you hit the 3rd phase you pretty much typically get the job and at point you're discussing wages. The questions were relatively easy to handle.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to a customer who has no technical knowledge of what a motherboard is?   Answer Question

Geek Squad CIA Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Only one interview and that was in store by the Hiring Manager. I was very dissatisfied with the lack of consideration they had for my time due to the fact that I was told to wait for 2 hours for the HR Manager to return from "lunch break".

Geek Squad CIA Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Louisville, KY) in September 2012.

Interview

At geek squad city they give you a phone interview first with some very basic stuff. Then they bring you in for a face to face interview which was pretty laid back. Lastly if all that goes well then they will bring you in for one last interview