Best Buy

1,417 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Texarkana, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Interview Details – After putting in my application I was contacted within 2 weeks by one of the employees to set up an interview. My initial interview was with the DCI (my current supervisor) of the store. He asked 3 basic questions (Tell me about yourself and why you want this position, Name a time you went above and beyond to help a client and what was the result, Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a frustrated/angry client and what was the result of it). The interview gets better when he gives me time to ask questions and I feel that is where they find out if you are right for the job due to the amount and type of questions you ask. After that in about another 2 weeks I was scheduled to interview with the general manager of the store. He asked me some basic business questions (what would you do if you saw an employee steal a quarter out of the register or a small product like a soda or something). After a few of those he offered me the job and then we talked pay. It felt like you could bargain it up a bit if you were willing to try. After that you take a drug test and finish the paper work then you start training.

Interview Question – Not so much the base questions, but the hardest would be is if you have any questions for them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to talk my starting pay up a bit due to qualifications and the simple fact that I was assertive about it. Key is to be assertive, but not disrespectful.

Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Asked the typical questions, "how do you lead..." "tell me about a time when..." and then asked about the three main expenditures, labor, shrink, and EOL.

Interview Question – Expenditures. I blanked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was young and accepted the first offer. $22.50 per hour. Honestly, I should have held out. They will ALWAYS lowball.

Best Buy Multi-Channel Sales Associate (MCSA) Interview

Texarkana, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Initially applied for CSA (Customer Service) position,& was recommended to apply for this job...I had a total of 3 interviews-in the first I was rejected for CSA,the second I interviewed with the Sales Support supervisor & in the 3rd I interviewed with the GM for about 10 minutes and was then hired on spot.

Interview Question – There weren't really any questions that were too difficult but it was my first interview in a while so they were all difficult ;)   Answer Question

MAnagement Interview

Queens, KY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was avaerage

Interview Question – details on electronics   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was offered a better position

Sales Supervisor Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview I had with Best Buy was incredibly professional. It was for a store opening and they had a system to process large numbers of people quickly. Still, I didn't feel like just a number. I was contacted over the phone and told exactly how the entire process would take place. They even told me acceptable attire for the face to face interview. This is good for the many teenagers that apply to Best Buy.

Interview Question – They didn't trick me with anything crazy. They do ask many situational questions. Be prepared to give examples of your own experiences in response to questions. Lots of "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than the cap for the position so I did not negotiate.

General Manager Interview

Joliet, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2010.

Interview Details – The entire interview process took 3 weeks. The first interview appointment was postponed by the HR representative. This caused the first interview to take pace during my lunch hour. This interview was conducted by two people from the district staff. There was a follow up call two days later. I then was scheduled for an interview that I had to drive over 2 hours to get to. The interview was with the District manager. The interview lasted aprox. 20 minutes. I got a call offering me a job the next day.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to implement a new process in your job that you weren't totally bought into.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward, not much negotiating.

Very Easy Interview

Asset Protection Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online. HR called within a week or two. Had the first interview with department head. Then within another week or so was called in for a second interview with the General Manager. Passed both interviews, took the drug test and background check, got the job. You go through orientation then training, then you're on your way....

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions....Why do you want to work here? Why should we hire you?
Nothing too difficult at all.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation...

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Phone call to go in for an interview.
You are interviewed with one of the supervisors, both about the job, and about you personally to see if they like you as a personality.
If you do good you get called back for a second interview. Same process, but with an assistant manager.
If he likes you then you sit down with the store manager who tells you some quick details, mentions a drug test, and than ask if you still want the position. Pending the drug test, you are in.

I HAVE NO CLUE HOW THE INTERVIEW PROCESS WILL CHANGE. SUPERVISORS NO LONGER EXIST.

Interview Question – You were asked the typical detailed questions to give examples of times when you were in a tough situation and had to make a decision. or when you had an angry customer and how you handled it. or how you would deal with a coworker that doesn't like you. etc. etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. this is a sales job, i doubt i would get any more than what was offered. at least its above minimum wage.

Best Buy Mobile Manager SWAS Interview

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – They are great with preparing for the interview. If they are hiring internally, they have a series of packets to tell you what to expect because all interviews are fair

Negotiation Details – I got what I asked for

Sales Support Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Three interview. 1 phone, one with the supervisor or manager. Last one with the General Manager. Average interview questions. Tell me about a time this, and Tell me about a time when you did this. So on and what not.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a conflict with anther employee while working. How did you handle the conflict? What was the out come of the conflict. What did you learn from the conflict.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He asked me if 8.25 was ok. I said sure. He said sign the dotted line. That was it. BTW training at BBY is very poor.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy