Best Buy

Updated Feb 25, 2015
1,864 Interview Reviews

2.4

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I had a phone interview first, very brief and just some get to know you kinds of questions. A week later I had a store interview and I met with the store manager who was very pleasant and he made the interview very personable and relaxed. The questions were easy and the job thoroughly explained.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle co-workers who are hard to deal with?   View Answer

Operations Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

They first call you for a 15 minute phone interview asking you normal yes or no questions. Then they'll ask you the regular, "why do you wanna work for us?" After that they'll schedule you an interview with a store manager usually there's about 5 store managers. Then if you pass the first interview you'll be scheduled an interview with the general manager. The most important question that can determine your hire meant is, "if you saw and employee steal a dollar what would you do?" If you say let it slide they won't hire you. They'll even ask, "what about a penny or something less than a dollar?" Still reply with, I would tell managment or something similar.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw an employee steal a penny from the cash register what would you do?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in February 2015.

They had two postings on indeed.com, and I had applied to both. Within 5 days I received a call from a lady that worked there, and the ONLY questions she asked me were "whats your availability" and "how many years of experience do you have", that was all. Afterwards I was told to come in and interview with the Store manager a week after and to bring a copy of my resume, easy peezy right? So today I had the interview which was to be conducted at 3:00, but I had to wait for about a half hour or so since he was busy with other candidates, then he called me in. NICEST GUY IN THE WORLD! I felt like the guy was my best friend. The GM was in the store as well but he was busy selling some stuff, I guess he was based out of that store. SO, back to my interview, basically I sat down and he informed me that hes going to ask me 8 questions and jot some notes down, but even before we started he told me about himself and his strong interest and music to which i could compare. We literally talked about our favorite albums for fifteen minutes before starting. For some odd reason, I was really nervous when asked the questions, I found myself mixing up words and sentences, and sometimes stalling, it really bugged me as its never happened before. At the end i was informed that there were MANY applicants, they had been interviewing for two weeks straight for 4 positions. He then told me I would know by Saturday weather I got the job or not and that's what im waiting on. As far as the questions... pretty much whats on here, some you might run into, some you might not, the exact questions i was asked are down there.

Interview Questions
    • 1. "sell yourself in 30 seconds, what makes you stand out"
      2. "when did you go above and beyond for a customer"
      3. "what do you like, and dislike about working in a team"
      4. " tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer, how did you resolve it"
      5. " tell me about a time you set a goal for yourself, and you failed, how did you overcome and learn:
      6. " If you were dealing with someone who knew nothing about tvs, how would you help them, and in what steps"

View Answer

Geek Squad Consultation Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Filled out the (internal) application. HR called me within a few days and scheduled a interview the with manager of Greek Squad and the Assistant manager of the store. Had the interview within 2 days or being contacted. Interview went well, Basic questions about costumer service and general knowledge of Geek Squad services.

Interview Questions
    • None, all were pretty simple if you are prepared and know what Geek Squad provides as well as having any former costumer service experience.   Answer Question
    None

ARA Interview

Very informal, unprofessional interview. Seems to me the managers were very unprofessional and not serious at all. Seemed too young and distracted. Constantly checking their phones and not really caring for what I was saying. Almost as if they were just going through the motions.

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Applied online, got called 2 days after that for a 1:1 interview with Assistant Store Manager. He asked 10 personality questions and 10 situation questions. Common questions like, "Why Best Buy?" so make sure to know why you want the job and what you know about Best Buy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you put someone's best interest ahead of yours.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, pay offered more than decent.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

1 phone call
    2 interviews in person
    you will interview with your department manager first and if you seem qualified you will immediately have a second interview with the store manager or the following day

Interview Questions
    • good and bad qualities about yourself. describe a moment of hardshp with an employee and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    never low ball your what you want to get paid.

Connections Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

I sat down with an assistant store manager for the initial interview. He started by confirming a few things on my resume and reading my cover letter. He asked about my experience in retail, resolving conflicts, experience working as a team, etc. he said he liked me but the store manager had the final say. I came back two days later to interview with the store manager. He asked pretty much the same questions, asked me about my sales experience and how I felt about being in a competitive environment. Lastly, he asked me what i thought a fair starting salary was. I had read that most people start at 10 so I asked for 11/hr given my years in retail. He accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about a competitive, non-commissioned environment?   Answer Question
    Aim in the 10-12 dollar range and have a good reason.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

easy three step interview process. phone, in store am, then in store gm. hired on spot after second interview. great internal availbilty to move jobs. great managers to become friends with in the smaller box store

Interview Questions
    • hard time with a employee. can be tough if you are a great employee and have no direct examples   Answer Question

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

HR calls you in for an interview and asks you questions about your resume. You get 2 interviews one with your department manager and then the GM on separate days. I think their main focus is your potential in the store and your personality during the interview. If you be yourself than you will have no problem in the interview or in the store.

Interview Questions
    • They basically ask you questions of times in your life that can mimic instances that you might encounter in the store. I have a terrible memory so that was difficult for me.   Answer Question
    After the meeting with the GM the HR called me later and offered me the job. I had to fill out a things online afterwards.