Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015
2,369 Interview Reviews

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Decatur, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied and got a call back a week later. We set up a interview for a Tuesday. Interview was fairly easy with a really sweet supervisor. Got asked around 6 "describe a time when..." questions. Got a call a week later to set up an interview with the assistant manager. Shortly met with the AM on a Wednesday and was asked to another interview with the General Manager that Friday. After the interview with the GM I was asked how much I wanted to be paid and was offered the job upon successful completion of a background and drug test. Start date is a week from now.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Easy, simple, quick and fun, like no interview i had before. It was really fun as well, sometimes interviews are just a bore but I had a fun time. Would recommend.

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

It went pretty quick no complaints. Don't just go in there and say I love electronics because that is not the answer they are looking for. Just be yourself and everything will go smoothly.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Glendale, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Worst place ever glad I didn't get this stupid job full og idiots. The application process requires you to take a test that can easily be cheated on and has no purpose whatsoever. Just have to put Strongly Agree or Strongly Disagree answers and thats it. Stupid Beaner that ended up interviewing me was a complete idiot was writing the whole time asking useless questions like a robot and told me to sell him a pen. That's it Really! Your going to give someone the job based on how good they sell a pen off of someone who knows everything about technology and has some sales experience No Wonder all the Sales people you meet at these stores are Dumb and know nothing about what they are selling. JUST DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND FIND THE BEST PRODUCT UNSELF THE PEOPLE THAT WORK IN PLACES LIKE BEST BUY AND OTHERS ARE COMPLETE IDIOTS, NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT THE GUY WHO IS INTERVIEWING PEOPLE SHOULD BE THE MANAGER THEY HAD ONE OF THE DUMB SALES ASSOCIATE INTERVIEW WTF!! FIND A HIGHER PAYING JOB ELSE WHERE PEOPLE BEST BUY SUCKS!

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Augusta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very lengthy, both times I went in with the assistant store manager and then general manger they were an hour later then interview lasted over an hour wasn't hard.

Interview Questions

• The general manager asked me if I would fire or discipline some one who worked there that stole a can of soda.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly. He took time to explain the job. However, he was in a rush. They do not give you feedback on you did on interview. You are sent just a pitiful rejection email. That may sound like a complain but I rather have feedback or criticism than a rejection email that is given to everyone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a positive experience working in a team and what were the results?   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Newport News, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I applied online for the position and a few weeks later I received a phone call which consisted of a 30 min over the phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was set up for an interview the following week with the department manager. After the in person interview I was told that I would be called back after they finished off their interviews later in the week. I received the call the following Saturday and was notified that the general manager felt that I would be a better fit as a geek squad employee (due to my degree and experience) so I was asked to re-apply for a geek squad position and that she would set me up with an interview with the geek squad manager. Overall, I had a decent interview experience for the inventory specialist position. The managers were friendly and professional. All questions that were asked during the in person interview were relevant to the position that I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you needed to have good attention to small details, what was this situation? How did you handle it? Do you think that you handled it well?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2015.

Interview

Very easy going friendly and professional all at the same time, very laid back atmosphere, there's typical interviewing booklets that best buy asks their employees to fill out for all hiring inquiries

Interview Questions

• what about you makes you a solid candidate for this position please list experiences   Answer Question

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (East Hanover, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Not a typical interview, they care more about personality rather than experience. Just focus on answering questions like, describe a time when you had to work with someone you didn't get along with. if you had to reach a amount of sales...

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Smyrna, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took like a week and a half. I received the phone interview and the HR rep scheduled my interview for two days later. I went to the interview in Saturday, August 8, 2015. I met with the sales manager and had my interview. He then told me to come back a couple hours later to meet with the General Manager. I met with the general manager and he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were a general manager and an employee admitted that he stole a piece of candy for $1.00?   1 Answer