Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2015.

Interview

Did a quiz online, got a call the next day. They set up an interview and I came in. First met with the sales manager, who asked some difficult questions about sales. Then after successfully completing that interview, I had a final interview with the General Manager who basically asked the same questions but differently. Was offered the job at the end of the interview, just had to accept it officially via email.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of you going out of your way to help a customer at your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • What attracts you to Best Buy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

All online and pretty straightforward.

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2015.

Interview

My first interview was very rushed and to the point. The interviewer seemed to just wanted to get it over with. The first interview was a success with questions asking me what would I do in certain situations, not knowing information, and going out of my way for the customer. My second interview was a 1 on 1 with the Store Assistant Manager, it was very like the first interview with similar questions. Make sure to always ask a question when they ask you if you have any questions for them. Third interview was with the store GM. He was a little monotone, and didn't really seem interested on knowing me, or maybe it's his personality. The interview was very basic, questions ranging from why I want to work for best buy, and what would I do if I caught an employee stealing.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked you a question that you didn't know the answer to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hollywood, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

After passing the questionnaire online, I attended the scheduled hiring fair at Best Buy. Applicants filled out a form while waiting in the back to be called one by one by hiring management. Once I was called by an associate, we walked to a section in the theater department for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you persevered under difficult circumstances.   Answer Question

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Simple and easy, straight forward retail interview, asked questions about experience pertaining to a job like one at best buy, got a call, setup an interview for the next day, and was offered a second interview 2 days later after being told I would be called the day they did, they were prompt and kept their word.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you went above and beyond for a guest?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Allen, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They made me sit for 25 minutes because the interviewer was busy. The interview is straightforward and is mostly about how well you know the product and how well you are able to work in a team

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were forced to work with whom you were not able to get along with. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rockaway, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a three step interview process, the first was over the phone. The second interview is in store with the assistant manager that is in charge of the department you are interviewing for. The last interview is with the general manager where he either gives you an immediate job offer or holds off. The job offer however is conditional on whether you pass a drug screening. However once the screening is done and you pass you can begin working almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to learn other departments quickly as computer usually gets mixed in with selling tablet, routers and digital images.   1 Answer

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (West Lebanon, NH) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially applied online, no other way to do it. After two weeks, finally got asked in for an interview. Asked the standard questions, easy interview by the Operations Manager. he had said that I would get a second interview from the manager, but a week later I received a form letter for rejection. I requested Full time. I am pretty sure this was why I did not get a call back. They start part time employees at 6 hour shifts. and like it that way.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions about customer service, and cooperation with other associates.   Answer Question

Magnolia Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Germantown, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted two days after applying online to come in for a group interview. There group interview consisted of about 20 other applicants. Lasted about two hours. It was very informal, consisted of "memory" games and introducing yourself and listing your favorite car, cereal, and cartoon. Three one-on-one interviews followed over the course of about a week. One with head of customer service. Second with head of sales. Final with general manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you do well? What are your strengths? What is something you want to improve on? Do you feel comfortable approaching people? Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with. Why do you want to work for Best Buy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

after applying online, got call from hiring staff and scheduled the interview after two days, interview was not bad but i could not succeed due unprepared. Experience was good got an idea about the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• how did you handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Springfield, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was not a difficult interview but when I went to interview with the store manager, I thought I aced all his questions, but did not get the job. But they were asking questions from a paper. The questions were very personality based. They were not all based on the job. The only thing I would suggest is ask the interviewer questions about the company themselves.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee steal? What would you do if you saw a customer steal?   Answer Question