Best Buy

Updated Dec 16, 2014
1,792 Interview Reviews

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2014.

Interview was pretty light, no pressure and the employees were friendly. If you get there at the time they give you your interview, they'll call you fast. The time interval of the interview is very fair and so are the questions they ask.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation where your register came short?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2014.

Went for two interviews, was told the over the phone call was my first interview but honestly all they did was ask when I wanted to meet them in person. First interview the guy showed me around the place and asked me some situational questions, then told me that he would schedule me for the same time the next week, and that he would also consider me for other positions around the store considering they have more of a need for workers in other positions then they do for Geek Squad. At the Second Interview I ended up waiting for 30-40 minutes because there was a scheduling mishap, for some reason my interview was scheduled during an important meeting with one of the departments. Once the interview started it was more of the same thing but this time with the store's General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do to make sure that you meet your hourly sales goals?"   Answer Question

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

interviewed at Best Buy in November 2014.

When I first got there, you have to ask the person who greets everyone that you're there for an interview. Then they call their supervisors and you wait til you get called. I had my first interview in a room in front of the checkout lanes. The first question I was asked was why I was interested in best buy. Then I was asked about my past work experiences dealing with people. What are my strengths, weaknesses. How do you work with a teammates etc. After my interview ended they called me later that day for a second interview which I had with the store manager. The second interview was almost the same as the first with the questions asked but I was asked about my prior work experience and asked to explain what I do. This interview took place in the home theatre section of the store. Basically once you get to this second interview you are basically offered the job. All is left if you are able to meet their hourly demands as I learned that you can't get a M-F 9-5 job and the work schedule is usually flexible and never fixed.

Interview Questions

I was offered the job but they wanted me to work during Black Friday. I had already made previous arrangements for Black Friday and wasn't able to work on those days. Therefor I wasn't able to accept the job at the moment

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

I filled out the online application and attempted to talk to the hiring manager in-store as a follow up. She was busy, but called me back after a few hours. I came in to interview the next day, but was interviewed by a department manager instead of the hiring manager. The interview went well, but I did not hear back for several weeks until I was asked to come in for an interview with the general manager. I was offered the job on the spot, and the second interview quickly felt like a formality, as the manager spent more time training me than asking me questions. I was made to take a drug test, and started my training just days after a good result.

Interview Questions
    • I was mostly asked questions about how I handled certain situations in previous jobs; When I had to overcome an obstacle with a team, when I had to sell something to a customer, etc. No questions were unusually hard in comparison to other retail jobs, and the interviewers seemed more interested in what my responses showed about my personality than my experiences.   Answer Question
    I was asked to name how much I wanted to earn, and when I low-balled because I desperately needed a job, I was offered more than I asked for.

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

The interview was relatively straightforward, the mobile manager asked some behavioral questions and asked about my college experience up to that point. The interview was conversational but still professional. Dressed up business casual in a dress shirt and pants, no jacket required. Generally the mobile manager will approve you for a second interview with the general store manager, which will consist of similar behavioral questions. Was offered position in the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went the extra mile for someone else.   Answer Question

Computing and Tablet Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

I received a phone call within a week or so of applying to do a quick screening and then schedule an interview. My interview was about a half hour and had the obvious standard questions. I scheduled a second interview at the end of my first for a later date, which just ended up being the General Manager talking about pay and telling me when my first day would be.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw another employee trying to steal something what would you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation. I really just wanted a job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

The online personality test was the first step to getting an interview. After I took the test it took about 2 days for them to contact me with an in-store interview. The questions were basic and just making sure one could handle a high pressure environment. I was moved on to a third interview with the GM the same day. In this interview i was asked situational questions about how i would handle certain sales situations. Three days later i was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How have you had to handle confrontation in teams previously?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Was a typical and easy interview. Interview was a three step process. Done in store. Total time for all 3 interviews was about an hour and one half. Was not difficult and conducted by store management.

Interview Questions
    • Question that asked about a difficult scenario, what made it difficult, how did I overcome it and what were the results.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

very easy process, did not take much time, and was very straight forward. i applied for the sales associate position and there were many questions on what i knew of the products.

found other job opportunity

Loss Prevention, Associate/Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

applied online and was contacted for an interview within forty eight hours. one manager meeting followed by a GM meeting, after completion a background and drug test followed by orrientation

Interview Questions
    • what was a time you struggled and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question
    no negotiating the 9.50