Best Buy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer Sales Interview

Computer Sales

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Phone assessment, once that was passed waited for a call from the store and set up an time to do a sit down interview with the general manager. Once that was complete had to take a drug test.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Best Buy Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Applied online, was called in to interview a week later. Interviewed with the assistant manager and the manager. By the time you interview with the head manager, you're pretty much in. I was offered the job on the spot and didn't have to wait around for a phone call.

Interview Question – Describe your weakest characteristic.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – More questions about how you handled prior situations with co-workers and what was the outcome. Why do you want to work for Best Buy. When have you gone abpve and beyond for a customer

Interview Question – They were all fairly normal and simple to answer. It was more of a getting to know you experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't accept a job if you are not happy with the pay. Pay is usually determined by experience. If you feel you deserve more than offered, say something!

North Attleboro, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview, which was a pretty informal affair. That was followed by two in-store interviews, one with a section manager and the other with the store manager. Be warned, if you apply online, they will not print out a version of your resume. They will also ask you questions that have been answered many times before (both in the online application and in the other interviews). All in all it seemed relatively disorganized. They were also interviewing for a position that was only tentatively available (they said that they were looking to maybe hire someone, but were not sure that they would).

Interview Question – The manager's "question he always asked" was "Why should I hire you, what makes you special?".   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Merchandising Specialist
Rego Park, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with the merchandising specialist and then another day with the store leader.

First interview is basic questions really easy, if they like you and your answers you will be pushed to the next round of interview.

Second interview was the most nerve racking with a more stern face to talk to. He wasn't liking me as much as the the first guy. After the interview he said he'll call me to let me know, NOT ONE PHONE CALL. Talk about professional? That guy sucks.

Interview Questions

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Mobile Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online and received a call from hr a few days later. The call was basically a phone interview but pretty formal. I was immediately scheduled for an interview the next day with the manager I would be working under. It was a pretty basic interview with all behavioral questions. He was honest enough to tell me that he Unfortunately interviewed a more qualified candidate but he loved me so much he offered me about her great position, which he said was never done. After getting the paper work together I was scheduled for an interview with the GM two days later which was pretty formal as well and consisted of behavioral questions and a lot of regular talk. He then told me the job was mine after a drug and background test and everything else was done electronically. It honestly was a pretty comfortable interviewing experience.

Interview Question – None, all behavioral questions usually have the same goal to make sure you put customers first, you work hard, and you know what to do under pressure. Just google some and come up with some situations before hand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a good hourly rate so I didn't bother to negotiate but I believe they ask you what type of pay are you looking for in the beginning of the process.

Sales Interview

Sales
Sandy, UT

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2012.

Interview Details – Three interviews and a drug test. Each interview was with someone higher up in the company than the previous interviewer. The final was with the store manager, which was the most difficult of the three. He asked the most difficult questions. He did, however, seem very interested in me. All interviews were done one-on-one.

Interview Question – If a manager let you take a drink from the store without paying, would you?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Sat in the back room and had a series of two interviews in store and one phone interview before I got the job. They asked me a lot of in depth questions. The questions were a mix of easy and hard. Just be confident and have a positive attitude and you'll do well!

Interview Question – Nothing was really unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Orland Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was very straight forward. No trick questions, just asking why I wanted to work at Best Buy. I was open and honest about having a passion for video games which seemed to interest them greatly.

Interview Question – What would I do if I caught an customer stealing merchandise.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable, the pay wasn't negotiable though they told me after the season was over I would receive a raise. They told me not to worry, if I do a good job I would be kept.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

Interview Details – Basic interview, simple selling questions. Be yourself, if they dont like you for that its not worth your time. Be creative with your answers if you really want the job.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question