Best Buy Interview Questions

2,369 Interview Reviews

2.4

Sales Associate DI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Plano, TX).

Interview

It was a 2 part interview...the first part was very different...they interviewed in threes. It did allow me to see the other two people were...not likely very good with people, but it was also very impersonal. The second interview the store manager asked a few question then offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• The question were all generic and basically just testing your ability to be social   1 Answer

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

Basic computer and hardware trouble shooting questions were asked. A panel interview was used comprising of the department manager in which you are apply for and a store manager. Technical questions were asked by the department manager. Questions were also asked about your available schedule. You are more likely to be hired if you are willing to work weekends.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps taken when you power on you computer but get no response.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone by the store manager about a month later to come in for an interview. The interview itself was short- about 20 minutes and was the typical retail sales associate interview, so one on one with the store manager and simple questions about your experience, why you want the job, why you'd be a good fit, etc.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with unhappy customers. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called the next day to set up an interview. The first interview is with a supervisor, usually the supervisor of the department you are going to be in. A few hours after the interview they called me to set up a second interview, this time with the store manager. Both interviews weren't difficult just be yourself and work experience obviously helps as with any job you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you went out of your way to help someone, what was the result?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interviewer made me wait OVER 30 mins!!! because he was “busy” and the whole time he was just sitting at his desk and running his mouth, so I was legit pissed, he was a jerk.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? what can you/we bring to the table?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Aurora, IL).

Interview

I received a call from the department supervisor to set me up for an interview. 1st interview was with a supervisor. The supervisor reads all the interview questions off a piece of paper. The same day after the 1st interview I received a call to get scheduled for the 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was with the store manager. It was similar to the 1st interview but also discussed hours and pay. I waited a week later for a group orientation.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The manager gave me a set pay at $11.00/hr.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

it was a three process interview , in which the first was over the phone and was pretty much just a call to see if you are available to come in for the 2nd interview with one of their managers. When i came in to the interview it went very well. i was in there for about 45 mins talking with the geek squad manager and he was really getting to know me and i answered the question spot on. Towards the end, he told me there that he likes me and that i will get the 3rd and final interview,he said that he will tell the GM and said she will call you in a week or a little later, don't get discouraged. then exactly one week later they called me in for the 3rd and final interview with the GM, but this time it was shorter than the one i previously had with the geek squad manager, and i was i little discouraged with that. The final interview from my perspective went well, but again it was shorter than my previous one, this one was roughly 16-18mins long. At the end she asked for my availability and i said every day of the week 4:30 to closing(the hours for the position) and mornings Saturday and sunday till 5pm. Then i asked here a few questions and at the end she told me that they are making final decisions that week(it was Tuesday) and that they will call Thursday or friday if i got the job. I said that sounds good, i shook her hand and i went my way. at the time i am writing this it is wednesday and i have to wait for a call thursday or friday. Its nerve wrecking but i am hoping and praying they call me. The only real clue i know that will happen is that i will get a call if it is a yes or no. Because if she said, "we'll call you to let you know" with out any time frame then it would have been game over. but since i was giving a time frame from the GM then there is still a chance. Overall the experience was very good, i appreciate the fact that they gave me the interview and consider me in the run.But during the time im writing this, i pray and claim that the job is mine, i believe it so and they will give me this opportunity. To anyone reading this god bless you and be faithful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Being a typical customer service job, It was a very simple process first they called you to set up a in person interview. The in person interview is straight forward they same scripted customer service questions you typically get. One big thing they do want is to know you are able to close or open.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 2 hours later. They called me and rescheduled a few times. When I got there I had to wait 30 minutes before I got interviewed. It was a lot of personal questions for the first interview with a manager. They told be i'd be contacted by email if i didnt get it or they would call me for the next interview in three days. A week passed by and i called to follow up, now I have an interview with the General Manager.

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

there's an online application, then a brief phone "interview" (barely an interview), then two in person interviews. the people were really nice. was told the wrong day but got interviewed anyway and advanced. the phone interview also establishes availability. the final interview is always with the general manager. there's a required drug test if you make it that far.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at best buy?   Answer Question
    • describe a time you had to work with someone from a different department.   Answer Question