Best Buy

Very Easy Interview

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Best Buy Sales Associate
Roseville, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – One interview face to face with GM. Drug screening. Extensive application process which is basically a personality test. So long as during the application process you stick to strongly agree or disagree you'll be fine. Do not be in between. They are looking for confident, decisive people.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Common sense questions really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Strongsville, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

Interview Details – They called me a few days after I applied, and a few days later I had an interview with a supervisor. A few days later, I had another with a GM, and I was sort of interviewed by a supervisor and manager who didn't seem to be aware I would be there. Had to wait 45 minutes or so for both interviews, but I understand that retail is busy. All of the people I spoke to were incredibly nice and I was offered a job at the end of the GM interview. I took my drug test that day... and then didn't hear from them for 3 weeks. Don't be concerned if they're slow getting back to you sometimes--retail is just very, very busy. If you're nice, they'll hire you.

Interview Question – They just asked me what I liked and some very simple "what-if" customer service questions. I didn't get the "sell this pen" test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation.

Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview

Best Buy Mobile Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was recruited for the position. They called me I had to apply online. The application takes about 45 mins. They then call you to set up an interview if you meet all the qualifications. After that you get interviewed by the store manager and another manager. After that interview you get interview by the District Manager. The whole process took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Question – From what you have seen in the store what would you change and why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Team Lead Interview

Project Team Lead
Parma, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by DM Shawn in the Cleveland market. Needless to say it wasn't even an interview. He asked me what I did at my current position, and toured me around the Parma store to show the remodel in progress. He's a nice guy but has very poor interviewing skills as well as follow up. A week later, he said he would call to discuss the interview further; and of course never did. Didn't hear from him for a week, and he emailed me saying the BBY would not pay me what I wanted. First and foremost, he decided that $18-19 an hour was sufficient. I never complained of the pay; just wanted a new job opportunity. I then emailed him asking if the company negotiates a pay and he never got back to me. I then checked Brassring to see my status and noticed I was no longer considered. Could not believe it, I had to send him a nasty gram for his lack of communication and follow up. This was my second let down from BBY; should I be surprised, probably not. Guess I should have learned the first time when I buy all my electronics at Walmart now.

Interview Question – I can't even answer this question because the questions posed were general and basic to the job. Retail is retail. Just irritates me that he said the interview went well but he couldn't get back to me which is called effective communication!!   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Edison, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – After the fifth time I applied, I was call in for a interview that lasted forty minutes and was asked about ten questions. I was offered the job on the stop.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to help someone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online and if they review it you will typically get a phone call with an over the phone interview. Be on your toes, because they wont tell you until you pick up the phone. You will have an initial interview with two department managers, if that goes well they will set up an interview with the general manager. At the end of that interview they will either offer you a job if they are understaffed or call you back if they have a few good candidates.

Interview Question – Name a time in your job that you had to overcome a difficult situation or deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't let them stiff your pay. I was hired at a much lower pay grade than other workers but didn't know until i started working. Asking other associates about pay is grounds to get fired, so you get stuck after the interview.

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Meet with Geek Squad Manager and Store Manager. Interviews weren't substantial and they took me at my word on my experience. More focused on sales experience than technical. I had all the basis for an A+ cert but they were more happy that i'd worked as a sales rep elsewhere.

Interview Question – What experience in sales and computer repair do i have.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Carbondale, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone call interview very straight foward simple questions, Second I came in for a face to face with my manager/supervisor. Third, I met with the GM, Offered me a job a few days later. I had to pass a backround check, and a drug test. Started less then a week after that.

Interview Question – Very straight foward, mostly behavioral type questions. Desribe a time where you work effectively as a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Project Team Specialist Interview

Project Team Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – The interview was very casual, and more conversational than most. After a brief series of questions as to why I thought I was the right person for the job and information regarding my background, the interviewer contacted the regional supervisor and made her recommendation for the hire. I started about 10-14 days later!

Interview Question – No questions were unexpected   Answer Question

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Computer Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Pretty standard process. You apply for a position online, then they call you up for an interview. Usually you go through two interviews. One with the manager, then another one with the GM. The interview questions weren't out of the ordinary. They mostly ask you hypothetical/experience questions such as "talk about a time when a customer acted rude. How did you react?". They don't really ask a whole lot of questions about your product knowledge. They might ask about your experience with technology, but they won't go into great detail.

Interview Question – Talk about a time when you had to juggle multiple tasks. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation over pay. You can certainly negotiate over the department you will work in, as long as there is an opening.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy