Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
1,718 Interview Reviews

2.4

General Manager Interview

The interview for the General Manager position is a panel interview with anywhere from 4-6 people including the District Manager and other General Managers. Everything else is pretty standard as far as the process. You apply, get scheduled for your interview and deal with the usual nerves.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain the most difficult work-related decision you've had to make." This question is difficult because it really depends on what your audience wants to hear, there really is no right or wrong answer here and you may out-think yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

I found the listing online. So I registered and applied. I attached my resume when I submitted it. They got back to me a week later so I can have in an in person interview. It was straight forward and no questions out of the ordinary. After a week or so they gave me a job offer.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Best Buy.

The process to get hired was both ups and downs. The beginning phone interviews were fairly painless and easy. However, the in person interviews were a long day of the same question over and over again. Then the waiting happened. And it continued. Until the call came... they selected another candidate that was just as qualified as me. and that was it. Nothing more. If I was just as qualified, then why wasn't I hired. Not really given any other reason. Granted this was the only bad portion of the entire process, but it kinda showed me somethings about how the internals are done there.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard stuff. Most people I interviewed with were actually a lower rank that I was interviewing for which I thought was very interesting.   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

*Did the online app

*Gotta call exactly a week later for the phone interview

*Went in for the 2nd interview, went great, said I would get a call in 3-5 days for the 3rd and final interview, when reality the called me, not even an hour after the second interview, for the last one

*Met the GM, he was funny and I got hired on the spot.

*All in all great people, awesome experience and I'm really looking forward to working with them!!

Interview Questions
    • Pretty easy interview. nothing out of the ordinary!! :)   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

two interviews to go through, mostly laid back but depends on what role or who with. The culture is typically more business casual and that is carried through in the interview process as well.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call asking if I wanted to come in for an interview a few days later. I only had one interview, with the General Manager, and was hired on the spot. The questions were easy, common interview questions. He was very friendly and offered me a good hourly rate.

Interview Questions
    • What did you dislike about your former place of employment?   Answer Question
    Offered 11.50, and I didn't try to negotiate.

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I sent an application in online and was called about a week later. They set me up for my interview 4 days after the phone call. I had my first interview with the assistant store manager and did so well in my interview that I went straight over to the GM for my 2nd interview. I did so well in that interview also that she told me I already got the job. Fairly easy questions and both managers were very easy to converse with!

Interview Questions
    • They were fairly easy, the most "difficult" was "Explain to me how you close a sale", this is was just a little harder to answer because each customer is different and I also did not have the most in depth experience.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate wage.

Sales Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

I had to submit a resume and follow up with the hiring manager. Made a power point presentation. It wasnt very long. It seemed to work because I got the job. It just took time to get into the building to get the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you couldnt do something for a customer   Answer Question
    easy. they gave me a number and i took it

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Applied online, got a callback about a day later. My interview was in the front office with a supervisor. The GM (although I had no idea that's who he was) sat in on the interview. I originally applied for a cashier position. Pretty standard questions such as what makes you want to work for best buy, what are you interests, what's your availability like, what makes you think you would be suited to this job?

I mentioned that I was interested in video games, and the GM interrupted to ask why I hadn't applied for a gaming sales position. My interview with the supervisor was essentially cut short; the GM had taken an interest in me and wanted to switch my application from cashier to sales. He then conducted a super short second interview, basically just explaining what the job would be like. He offered me the job on the spot assuming that I would pass the background check/drug test. I did.

Overall, very casual and quick interview. Both my supervisor and GM are extraordinarily nice people.

Interview Questions
    • They were very standard questions. Nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question
    They offered me 10/hr which was way more than I was expecting considering I'd been making 8 at the time. I did not negotiate.

Product Process Supervisor Interview

They have a very specific process and set of questions. Nothing bad but it is fair and everyone is asked the same set of questions. The process can take a few weeks so do not expect to hit the sales floor right away.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are not hard but are based on your previous experiences.   View Answer