Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015
2,138 Interview Reviews

2.4

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The typical interview process with general interview questions. There are usually three parts to the interview process sometimes less if they are in a rush to hire but aim for three. Drug testing is always part of the process no matter what as well as background check and it is a urine drug test at Labcorp usually. If you happen to smoke marijuana which is funny because almost everyone that worked at my location did then you need to find a way to pass the test which is easy. Hop on google and knock yourself out. Just wanted to give a heads up to those unaware. Anyways. First interview they will ask general questions and it will usually be given by the manager of your department you are applying to. If all goes well they will call you in for a second interview by the assistant manager of the store. Last interview is with the general manager. If all goes well after that last interview the general manager will give you a job offer.If you accept, you will go home receive everything you need to get the job in an email. You will have to electronically sign documents and take the drug test before you start the job. The time from interviewing to actually starting took a while to me. I believe three weeks but I can't remember exactly. All I know is that it wasn't quick

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond to help out a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

First off, the online assessment is technically the first interview process. It just filters you out, so make sure you choose either 1 or 5 (the extremes) when provided. Afterwards, I was called back in about 3 business days. They then ask about your availability, generally you need to meet weekend and open/closing requirements. Then there were 2 in person interviews. First one with a couple managers, they just ask about experience working in teams, experience in the past dealing with customers, why bestbuy, etc... The second in person interview is with a GM. He will pretty much go over the same questions more or less. He did ask if you were given 1000 dollars what brand would you spend it on and why (test how well you can sell a brand), and then he asked what brand would you avoid. He also asked about theft - the answer is basically there is no grey area, theft is theft no matter who does it or what they put in their pocket. Don't play games with the customer, if you know he did it just tell him to leave the store. If it was an employee, then follow store protocol.

Interview Questions

• Q. what is what time when you had to go the extra mile for a customer?
      Q. explain a situation where you had difficulty with a teammate?
      Q. what would you do if you caught someone stealing?
      Q. what would you do with 1000 dollars that you had to spend?

Answer Question

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

three step interview process. pretty easy, just smile and be customer service focused in all answers. Also dress appropriate, business casual is more than enough, no need for a suit

Interview Questions

• where do you see the company going next?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted within one week around being able to attend the interview. Interview was with three general managers and one district manager. They sat across the table for a panel interview. Allowed time for me to introduce myself, show my personality, and provide input on "why me" for this position.

Interview Questions

• Questions around performance management, previous experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a competitive salary.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews. Phone, asst manager, and general manager. general interview quesitons was very straight forward and everyone was nice make sure you do research about the company i used this website to prepare myself

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None 9.00

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

One phone interview for basics like availability. This is followed by a second interview with the department manager. If you pass this you get pushed to the third with the GM. Finally you need to pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay negotiable. Ask for more than you think you should make.

Best Buy Sales Supervisor Interview

Interview

Typical Retail interviews, talk about team experience, describe problem solving skills and performance management. The process is very slow and drawn out. Expect to interview and still talk up to 3 weeks to get final job offer or final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you coached a under performing employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Allen Park, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call a week later, had a mini interview on the phone they asked questions like why do you want to work at best buy and availability. Then got scheduled me for in person. Easy questions tell me about yourself scenario questions. Then got called 2 weeks later for 3rd interview this was more random Some of the same questions to start then an odd one about favorite store (don't say best buy). All in all easy interview just be engaging and out going.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yeah a little they ask you what you want to make you tell them they say yes or no

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Basic interview process, 1on1 setting, asking questions based on resume and aspirations. There's not really much to say regarding the interview it was short and sweet and everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Straight to the point. You will talk about your background and talk about their tech stack. If you want the gig downplay any tech stack that they aren't using. I took this interview mostly as practice so I didn't care either way. I let them know I was willing to work with Backbone but it wouldn't be something I'd pick in 2015. Nice folks.

Interview Questions

• Mostly easy JS questions. Know what type coercion is and know prototypical inheritance. A couple CSS and HTML questions.   Answer Question