Best Buy

2.7

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2014.

I sent in my resume. After about two days I got a call. I went in for the interview, and talked for about an hour with the inventory manager. Afterwards, the store manager came in, and basically asked my what I wanted to be paid, what I expected from the company, and what they should expect from me. Overall, it was a very pleasant interview although it wasn't very formal feeling, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It was very relaxed and felt more like having a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't really any difficult questions. It was very straight to the point.   Answer Question
The manager asked my what I wanted to be paid. I told him, realistically, what I thought was fair and he said okay.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

I applied online in less than two days I got a phone call that was my first interview and she only asked what's my avaliblity. then she scheduled me for my second interview with the supervisor. I guess he liked me than I went to my third interview with the general manager she was nice the questions were pretty basic like how will you deal with a difficult customer and why do you want to work with this company

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

This interview went in a few stages. The first of course was the initial online application that has a long questionnaire about your qualities and values. Then based on your answers you get called by the recruiter, usually the person from the store you applied to, and they have the 1st interview, which is a phone interview about your reasons for choosing Best Buy, and questions about past experiences. I had to go through 3 interviews, the phone interview, the assistant manager interviews, then the general manager interview which would be the one to make the decision to make you an offer. If you got the offer then would give you the forms for the drug screening and what not then would call you back for a date to start work.

Interview Questions
    • What qualifications do you posses that makes you a perfect fit for this position and why? Tell me about a time when you had to deal with multiple tasks at once with high levels of stress, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    I would definitely ask as many questions as possible about the job before accepting it. When they get to the part where they ask if you have any questions, ask about the day-to-day rhythms, the employee and leadership relationship, the culture that's cultivated in the work place. These are good questions to impress the interviewer and this way you can demonstrate your qualities.

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

The process was fairly easy. It took two weeks including the phone interview, and an interview with the general manager. The phone interview was nothing really. They only asked about my availability. The on-site interviews went good. The one with the GM had some personality and behavioral questions:
    -Tell me about any experience, education that qualifies you for this position?
    -Describe the worst team you had to work with?
    -Describe a time you disagreed with someone at work?
    -Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
    -What would you do if someone steals?
    -What kind of manager is your ideal manager?
    It’s easy if you gave precise answers and made sure what he's aiming to know about your personality.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really a hard question, just make your responses clear and be relaxed.   Answer Question
    Don't get frustrated as they will you few as you start, probably 10 or 11, but as soon as you finish the training and get used to it, it may reach 15.

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

After they received the online application (including resume and cover letter), I was contacted by the personnel office to set up an interview. My first interview was with the operations supervisor, and consisted of very specific, on-the-job scenario questions. Essentially, "what-if" questions like how to work with someone you don't like, how to prioritize multiple tasks, and simply "why Best Buy". I recommend going through these kinds of questions in advance, and even writing down your answers - since it helps you remember them.

Not even a day later, I received a second phone call from personnel asking to set up a second interview with the general manager. These questions are much more general and relate to the company as a whole, and not so much your specific position. Questions like "What is the most difficult part about working at Best Buy?" Or "How does your role here impact the company as a whole?"

If these interviews go well, they will usually tell you up-front whether they will offer you the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult part about working at Best Buy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

The first interview was a phone interview. It was pretty short. I was asked basic questions regarding my availability and past experiences. At the end, I was called in to meet with my department manager. I got a lot of scenario based questions. Be prepared to place your in a lot of "What If." situations. After about two days, I got a call back to meet with the general manager. This was a very short interview. He asked questions regarding the correlation between your past jobs and the one you seek to obtain at Best Buy. I was hired after completing that interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name another company that provides great service?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

If you are considered they will call you. Next they'll do your first interview with the Lead of your department. If you make it that far you will then have a final interview/orientation with the General Manager.

The overall process and experience will of course vary depending on you as an individual as well as the personalities interviewing you but for the most part is a mostly stress-free process.

Interview Questions
    • If you caught an employee stealing what would you do.   View Answer
    This was my first job and $8.75 an hour is a heck of a lot better than other jobs were offering me. So I accepted the first price to not be greedy.

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

A manager called me in for an interview that week went in for the interview waited for manager they interviewed me the interview lasted for about 25 minutes they gave me a job offer and I accepted they sent me for a drug test and once they got the result they called me to start.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness? What is your greatness? and Why do you want to work for best buy?   View Answer
    manager just said I want to offer you the job on the first interview and he asked if I wanted to accept it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Opelika, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Opelika, AL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2009.

They will ask if you have a few minutes of free time so go into a quiet place. They will ask you the following questions: Have you worked at a Best Buy before? What position are you applying for? Why are you applying for that position? What experiences or skills do you have to help you in that position? Why would you be a good team member at Best Buy?

Interview Questions
    • Why would you make a good team member at Best Buy?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in May 2009.

Just say all the normal stuff, like you work well with customers, wear a suit on third interview. Tell them that you're cpr certified, you're forklift certified, you can lift over 50 lbs constantly, that you can unload trucks extremely fast and efficiently, that you are good at making merchandise fit nicely in tight spaces. Don't ever mention anything about how you can't get along with certain people. Always be as fake as possible and almost believe that you are someone else during the hiring process. Always smile and be very positive of all the crap they ask you, and fake it if you have to.

Interview Questions
    They pay you almost nothing, try to explain that you are worth an extra dollar or two by saying how you are certified in so many things, lie if you have to.