Best Buy Inventory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Smyrna, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took like a week and a half. I received the phone interview and the HR rep scheduled my interview for two days later. I went to the interview in Saturday, August 8, 2015. I met with the sales manager and had my interview. He then told me to come back a couple hours later to meet with the General Manager. I met with the general manager and he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were a general manager and an employee admitted that he stole a piece of candy for $1.00?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

three step interview process. pretty easy, just smile and be customer service focused in all answers. Also dress appropriate, business casual is more than enough, no need for a suit

Interview Questions

• where do you see the company going next?   1 Answer

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

One phone interview for basics like availability. This is followed by a second interview with the department manager. If you pass this you get pushed to the third with the GM. Finally you need to pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay negotiable. Ask for more than you think you should make.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Allen Park, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call a week later, had a mini interview on the phone they asked questions like why do you want to work at best buy and availability. Then got scheduled me for in person. Easy questions tell me about yourself scenario questions. Then got called 2 weeks later for 3rd interview this was more random Some of the same questions to start then an odd one about favorite store (don't say best buy). All in all easy interview just be engaging and out going.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yeah a little they ask you what you want to make you tell them they say yes or no

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Timonium, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied one week and the following week I received a call from HR dept asking if I wanted to come in for an interview. i had interview with Inventory supervisor it went well, he then asked I could come back to interview with the store manager. The store manager was super friendly and helpful. I haven't started yet but will post my overall experience in a few months.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee caught stealing?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Very quick. simple questions but seemed like they already knew who they were going to hire. I applied for an inventory job but it seemed like it was a managing inventory position. I have read that they drug test the applicants they are going to hire. Once they did not ask, I knew I did not get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

First interview with supervisor and second interview with store manager and department manager. Basic questions were asked. Dress professionally. They were very nice and talkative through out the interview. Best buy is an entry level job opportunity and they understood that. Interview was to the point. I was told after 2nd interview that i got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see someone stealing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Beavercreek, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume. After about two days I got a call. I went in for the interview, and talked for about an hour with the inventory manager. Afterwards, the store manager came in, and basically asked my what I wanted to be paid, what I expected from the company, and what they should expect from me. Overall, it was a very pleasant interview although it wasn't very formal feeling, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It was very relaxed and felt more like having a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions. It was very straight to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The manager asked my what I wanted to be paid. I told him, realistically, what I thought was fair and he said okay.

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online in less than two days I got a phone call that was my first interview and she only asked what's my avaliblity. then she scheduled me for my second interview with the supervisor. I guess he liked me than I went to my third interview with the general manager she was nice the questions were pretty basic like how will you deal with a difficult customer and why do you want to work with this company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Independence, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

The managers were very helpful and understanding. Every question went very smoothly when they was asking and also you don't have to be serious during the whole interview, smile a little bit to brighten the mood.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired what assets would you bring to the inventory team?   Answer Question