Best Buy Inventory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.7

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

One phone interview for basics like availability. This is followed by a second interview with the department manager. If you pass this you get pushed to the third with the GM. Finally you need to pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay negotiable. Ask for more than you think you should make.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Allen Park, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call a week later, had a mini interview on the phone they asked questions like why do you want to work at best buy and availability. Then got scheduled me for in person. Easy questions tell me about yourself scenario questions. Then got called 2 weeks later for 3rd interview this was more random Some of the same questions to start then an odd one about favorite store (don't say best buy). All in all easy interview just be engaging and out going.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yeah a little they ask you what you want to make you tell them they say yes or no

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Very quick. simple questions but seemed like they already knew who they were going to hire. I applied for an inventory job but it seemed like it was a managing inventory position. I have read that they drug test the applicants they are going to hire. Once they did not ask, I knew I did not get the job.

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Beavercreek, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume. After about two days I got a call. I went in for the interview, and talked for about an hour with the inventory manager. Afterwards, the store manager came in, and basically asked my what I wanted to be paid, what I expected from the company, and what they should expect from me. Overall, it was a very pleasant interview although it wasn't very formal feeling, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It was very relaxed and felt more like having a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions. It was very straight to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The manager asked my what I wanted to be paid. I told him, realistically, what I thought was fair and he said okay.

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online in less than two days I got a phone call that was my first interview and she only asked what's my avaliblity. then she scheduled me for my second interview with the supervisor. I guess he liked me than I went to my third interview with the general manager she was nice the questions were pretty basic like how will you deal with a difficult customer and why do you want to work with this company

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

This interview went in a few stages. The first of course was the initial online application that has a long questionnaire about your qualities and values. Then based on your answers you get called by the recruiter, usually the person from the store you applied to, and they have the 1st interview, which is a phone interview about your reasons for choosing Best Buy, and questions about past experiences. I had to go through 3 interviews, the phone interview, the assistant manager interviews, then the general manager interview which would be the one to make the decision to make you an offer. If you got the offer then would give you the forms for the drug screening and what not then would call you back for a date to start work.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you posses that makes you a perfect fit for this position and why? Tell me about a time when you had to deal with multiple tasks at once with high levels of stress, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would definitely ask as many questions as possible about the job before accepting it. When they get to the part where they ask if you have any questions, ask about the day-to-day rhythms, the employee and leadership relationship, the culture that's cultivated in the work place. These are good questions to impress the interviewer and this way you can demonstrate your qualities.

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The process was fairly easy. It took two weeks including the phone interview, and an interview with the general manager. The phone interview was nothing really. They only asked about my availability. The on-site interviews went good. The one with the GM had some personality and behavioral questions:
    -Tell me about any experience, education that qualifies you for this position?
    -Describe the worst team you had to work with?
    -Describe a time you disagreed with someone at work?
    -Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
    -What would you do if someone steals?
    -What kind of manager is your ideal manager?
    It’s easy if you gave precise answers and made sure what he's aiming to know about your personality.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really a hard question, just make your responses clear and be relaxed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't get frustrated as they will you few as you start, probably 10 or 11, but as soon as you finish the training and get used to it, it may reach 15.

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Interview

After they received the online application (including resume and cover letter), I was contacted by the personnel office to set up an interview. My first interview was with the operations supervisor, and consisted of very specific, on-the-job scenario questions. Essentially, "what-if" questions like how to work with someone you don't like, how to prioritize multiple tasks, and simply "why Best Buy". I recommend going through these kinds of questions in advance, and even writing down your answers - since it helps you remember them.

Not even a day later, I received a second phone call from personnel asking to set up a second interview with the general manager. These questions are much more general and relate to the company as a whole, and not so much your specific position. Questions like "What is the most difficult part about working at Best Buy?" Or "How does your role here impact the company as a whole?"

If these interviews go well, they will usually tell you up-front whether they will offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult part about working at Best Buy?   Answer Question

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview. It was pretty short. I was asked basic questions regarding my availability and past experiences. At the end, I was called in to meet with my department manager. I got a lot of scenario based questions. Be prepared to place your in a lot of "What If." situations. After about two days, I got a call back to meet with the general manager. This was a very short interview. He asked questions regarding the correlation between your past jobs and the one you seek to obtain at Best Buy. I was hired after completing that interview.

Interview Questions

• Name another company that provides great service?   1 Answer

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Nashville, TN) in September 2013.

Interview

If you are considered they will call you. Next they'll do your first interview with the Lead of your department. If you make it that far you will then have a final interview/orientation with the General Manager.

The overall process and experience will of course vary depending on you as an individual as well as the personalities interviewing you but for the most part is a mostly stress-free process.

Interview Questions

• If you caught an employee stealing what would you do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was my first job and $8.75 an hour is a heck of a lot better than other jobs were offering me. So I accepted the first price to not be greedy.