Best Buy Inventory Specialist Interview Questions

2.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

I arrived at 12:45pm for my 1pm interview. I wasn't seen until 2pm. I went into the office, their were about 10 employees standing around. When I was introduced to the woman who was supposed to interview me, she didn't even turn around. She didn't know what I was interviewing for. It took 10 more minutes for them to print the correct interview packet.

Interview Questions
  • When the interviewer finally spoke to me, she said, "We start at $11.50 an hour. Can you work with that?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Inventory Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy.

Pretty straightforward, took a total of 10 minutes. Waited for about half an hour then was called in to a room by what seemed to be the store manager. She told me ahead of time it would be quick and to give her straightforward answers. So I did and it was quick.

Interview Questions
    • What do you look for in a manager (like I said pretty straightforward)   View Answer

Too busy with school to pursue it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Applied online and recieved a call for an interview with the departmant supervisor a couple days later. Then recieved a call for a second interview with the assistant manager/department manager. Final interview was with the General Manager and was repeating simple questions, he offered the job on the spot starting at 10/hr, the job offer was printed and with him the entire time.
    You then have to complete a drug and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly "tell me about yourself" or why do you want to work here?
      Explain a time when....
        Answer Question
    no negotiation, but I didn't try

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2010.

I got a call for my first interview several days after applying online for a seasonal position. It was for a position working in the back unloading trucks so for some reason I decided to wear a nice pair of jeans and a dress shirt to the interview instead of wearing slacks... I guess I just wanted to dress fit for the job I was applying for.. that was a stupid mistake because I was sent home and had to reschedule the interview because it's against their companies policy to interview someone in jeans. So let that be a warning to anyone thinking about doing the same thing I did. It took several more days of me finally having to call the HR lady to set up a new interview because I guess they had forgot about me.

I arrived for my first interview this time dressed in slacks, but the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't even scheduled for work that day.. seemed like they weren't really on top of things. So I interviewed with the Sales Team Supervisor. He asked me very basic questions for a packet and wrote down my answers.. they consisted of "why do you want to work here?", "what are your hobbies?", "why should I hire you, over all these other people?", etc... after answering several questions he gave me the go ahead to set up with the second interview with the department manager. Took me another week to get this one set up and yet again I had to be the one to call the HR lady to set it up.

The second interview I ran into the same problem as the first, I got there and the manager that was set to interview me wasn't there so they had to get another supervisor (this time from the department I applied for) to do the "Manager" interview. He asked me another series of questions from a packet.. such as "describe a time when you put the needs of others before your own", "tell me about yourself?", "describe a time when you were presented with a challenge and how you overcame it?".. etc, these questions were a bit harder then the first interview and the one about putting the needs of others before your own caught me off guard and I had to skip it, for some reason my mind went blank. He didn't seem to really care or to even be listening really. He said they would call me and let me know if I got the third interview.

I finally got a call a week later for the third and final interview for a seasonal part time position.. at this point I'm thinking this is pretty ridiculous. I go in for the interview and the Store Manager wasn't even there yet.. I had to wait about 15-20 min standing there before he finally comes out to get me. He asked me maybe 5 questions, pretty basic and straight forward.. and then offered me the position and told me it wasn't even part time but basically on a need basis and I would work my way up to full time... with the possibility of turning permanent after the holiday season. He told me it would start at $9.00/hr. and gave me a thing to go do a drug test, which I immediately went and did after the interview. He also had me sign the disclosure for the background check.

At this point I always worry because I have a misdemeanor drug charge on my record. I passed the drug test but because of that charge I wasn't offered employment.. even though they never asked me if I had a misdemeanor.. only asked about felonies. I waited for about another 3-4 weeks not receiving a phone call or letter from them if I had got the job or not. I finally got a letter with a copy of my background check several weeks later, but at this point I pretty much had figured it out on my own. Would of been nice for them to call and let me know though before hand.

So basically I went through all of that to be turned down for a barely part time seasonal position because of a misdemeanor drug charge almost 4 years old. Well I guess I'll just keep trying and stay positive that someone will eventually believe in me and believe that human beings have the capacity to change even though they made mistakes in their youth.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you put the needs of others before your own?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2010.

Very easy to engage in dialogue with the manager interviewing me, and the questions were very run of the mill.

Interview Questions
    • Why were you terminated by your previous employer.   View Answer
    There was none, the starting wage was non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2010.

Very basic and straight forward. Not difficult at all.

no negotiation

Inventory Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2009.

I submitted an online application and waited. Eventually I was contacted and told I needed to resubmit another online application since 45 days had passed. This resulted in a phone interview that also resulted in being called for a 1:1 interview.

In the interview I also found out that the original position I had applied for was not what I was being interviewed for. That was a little disconcerting since I had been preparing for several weeks to interview of the original position.

In the one on one interview I found several of the character assessment questions from the online application. Unfotunately during the interview, for some of the questions, I did not have really relevant job experience that I could apply directly so I really had to extrapolate to try to answer appropriately.

I feel that the interviewer was competent to evaluate a match between a applicant and a position.

When you apply online, be as honest with your answers about behavior and interpersonal relationships as you can. Don't try to 'say what they want', really describe yourself. I think this is the first level 'personality test' that is partially carried forward into the 1:1 interview.

The phone interview actually introduced the thought of yet a third possible position to interview for.

Be Flexible! - Not only about the possible position, but also be available for whatever schedule needs they may have.

I thnk I ended up not getting an offer only because my availability did not match their current needs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesterfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2007.

I was first interviewed by one of the assistant managers and they asked the basic interview questions that most companies ask to see what you say. They asked personality specific questions to make sure you were a person that they were looking for. Then you did got asked another set of questions by another assistant manager. The General Manager interview was also similar, but he was much more up front about things than the other two, most likely to make sure you fit the Best Buy mantra.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be a character in a movie which would it be and why?   View Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2011.

After submitting the online application, I received a call within in 3 days on a Sunday. We set up an interview for the next morning on Monday, and the interview went well. She asked questions from a worksheet and she wrote down my response. The questions were related to customer service, and why work at Best Buy. They called my about an hour after I left the retail. We set up another interview for Wednesday, this time with a higher position. She asked questions about theft, management leadership, and previous work experience. She offered me the job after the drug test has been cleared.

Interview Questions

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!