Best Buy Inventory Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

their was three interviews, the phone call basically availability, second in person, interview. then the gm he decides if you get hired. lucky me i did all three in 1 day!!!

Interview Questions

• what should happen to an employee or a family member is caught stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

their wasnt any got an offer as an email.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Dayton, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Sunday. Got a call from the HR department on Tuesday to schedule interview #1. Interview #1 went well, so I got a 2nd interview with the GM the very next day (Friday). GM was very layed back that interview went great and received a job offer. Took my drug test on Monday got called in to fill out necessary paperwork the very next day, and I start Thursday. So overall it took less than 2 weeks from the time I applied to my first day.

Interview Questions

• Why Best Buy?   1 Answer
    • What motivates you?   1 Answer
    • If you caught a customer stealing whatJohnsonyou do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online they called me like the next week and I went in for an interview it was pretty laid back the man that interviewed me was nice the questions were pretty simple and you have to go thru 3 interviews the third one basically mean you got the job and it discuss pay and benefits and things in that nature

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Very nice management and friendly interview process. A lot of the same questions through both of my interviews and they really love to know why you want to work at Best Buy. They get a lot of " I love technology" so try another route. Overall very good.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I found the listing on a job ad aggregator site. Clicking the link to apply took me to the Best Buy job site. After uploading my resume and cover letter, I was then required to fill out a FIFTY part questionnaire! These questions were much like a Briggs/Meyers test. They were either personality based or hypothetical situations with the answers being five selections ranging from "Most Likely" to "Least Likely". A few days later I received a phone message asking me to call to set up an appointment. I returned the call and spoke briefly with a young lady who seemed to be a teenager. She was reading from a script and asked questions like "Why do you want to work at Best Buy?", yet she seemed completely uninterested in my answer. She seemed eager to get through her script and end the call. She then told me to arrive at the store a few days later at a certain time for an interview. I arrived at the appointed time and was ushered into the shabbiest office I had ever seen. The young man I spoke with also seemed to reading from a script. He informed me that if I got past this interview, my resume would be considered for all open positions and I would be told what job I was best suited for. He then informed me that because it was around the holidays, that no time off requests would be granted and was I okay with that? He also told me that I would be required to work a sixteen hour shift on Black Friday and was I okay with that? He then asked what my salary requirements were. I told him that I put down $15/hr on the application, but I was unaware what they were paying. He said that new hires got $12/$13 an hour. I said, "Regardless of experience?" It didn't seem that he had a copy of my resume. It also didn't seem that he was interested in my experience. He then went on to tell me that although $15/hr was within the range of the position's salary, he doubted I would get that as a new hire. I quickly realized that he was there merely to weed people out. To find warm bodies that would be willing to work endless hours for little compensation. I thanked him for his time and left. After the lengthy online questionnaire and the phone interview questions about why did I want to work at Best Buy, it all boiled down just needing a drone. I was very disappointed. UPDATE: Several weeks after this interview, I received a phone message from Best Buy asking me to call to arrange an interview! I ignored this message. Three days after that message, I received an email from Best Buy, telling me I was not qualified for the job I had applied for!

Interview Questions

• Did I mind working a sixteen hour shift on Black Friday.   1 Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

Interview

Hiring was very easy. Filled out application and within one week had a phone call for an interview. Went to the interview and met with the warehouse supervisor. Asked basic questions that are not hard at all. Basically the original tell me about yourself, why best buy, qualifications, etc. after I finished that interview I was asked if I had time to meet with the GM. He basically asked the same questions and offered me a job contingent on drug screen and background.

Negotiation

He offered me 8.75 and I negotiated a little more by saying I was educated and would like to stay here for awhile while I find my next career. He bumped it up to 10.00 hr and I accepted since it was a little more than the original offer and I had ZERO past experience doing the work I would be doing.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I arrived at 12:45pm for my 1pm interview. I wasn't seen until 2pm. I went into the office, their were about 10 employees standing around. When I was introduced to the woman who was supposed to interview me, she didn't even turn around. She didn't know what I was interviewing for. It took 10 more minutes for them to print the correct interview packet.

Interview Questions

• When the interviewer finally spoke to me, she said, "We start at $11.50 an hour. Can you work with that?"   1 Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Pretty straightforward, took a total of 10 minutes. Waited for about half an hour then was called in to a room by what seemed to be the store manager. She told me ahead of time it would be quick and to give her straightforward answers. So I did and it was quick.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a manager (like I said pretty straightforward)   1 Answer

Too busy with school to pursue it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Long Beach, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call for an interview with the departmant supervisor a couple days later. Then recieved a call for a second interview with the assistant manager/department manager. Final interview was with the General Manager and was repeating simple questions, he offered the job on the spot starting at 10/hr, the job offer was printed and with him the entire time. You then have to complete a drug and background check.

Interview Questions

• Mostly "tell me about yourself" or why do you want to work here? Explain a time when....   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, but I didn't try

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2010.

Interview

I got a call for my first interview several days after applying online for a seasonal position. It was for a position working in the back unloading trucks so for some reason I decided to wear a nice pair of jeans and a dress shirt to the interview instead of wearing slacks... I guess I just wanted to dress fit for the job I was applying for.. that was a stupid mistake because I was sent home and had to reschedule the interview because it's against their companies policy to interview someone in jeans. So let that be a warning to anyone thinking about doing the same thing I did. It took several more days of me finally having to call the HR lady to set up a new interview because I guess they had forgot about me. I arrived for my first interview this time dressed in slacks, but the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't even scheduled for work that day.. seemed like they weren't really on top of things. So I interviewed with the Sales Team Supervisor. He asked me very basic questions for a packet and wrote down my answers.. they consisted of "why do you want to work here?", "what are your hobbies?", "why should I hire you, over all these other people?", etc... after answering several questions he gave me the go ahead to set up with the second interview with the department manager. Took me another week to get this one set up and yet again I had to be the one to call the HR lady to set it up. The second interview I ran into the same problem as the first, I got there and the manager that was set to interview me wasn't there so they had to get another supervisor (this time from the department I applied for) to do the "Manager" interview. He asked me another series of questions from a packet.. such as "describe a time when you put the needs of others before your own", "tell me about yourself?", "describe a time when you were presented with a challenge and how you overcame it?".. etc, these questions were a bit harder then the first interview and the one about putting the needs of others before your own caught me off guard and I had to skip it, for some reason my mind went blank. He didn't seem to really care or to even be listening really. He said they would call me and let me know if I got the third interview. I finally got a call a week later for the third and final interview for a seasonal part time position.. at this point I'm thinking this is pretty ridiculous. I go in for the interview and the Store Manager wasn't even there yet.. I had to wait about 15-20 min standing there before he finally comes out to get me. He asked me maybe 5 questions, pretty basic and straight forward.. and then offered me the position and told me it wasn't even part time but basically on a need basis and I would work my way up to full time... with the possibility of turning permanent after the holiday season. He told me it would start at $9.00/hr. and gave me a thing to go do a drug test, which I immediately went and did after the interview. He also had me sign the disclosure for the background check. At this point I always worry because I have a misdemeanor drug charge on my record. I passed the drug test but because of that charge I wasn't offered employment.. even though they never asked me if I had a misdemeanor.. only asked about felonies. I waited for about another 3-4 weeks not receiving a phone call or letter from them if I had got the job or not. I finally got a letter with a copy of my background check several weeks later, but at this point I pretty much had figured it out on my own. Would of been nice for them to call and let me know though before hand. So basically I went through all of that to be turned down for a barely part time seasonal position because of a misdemeanor drug charge almost 4 years old. Well I guess I'll just keep trying and stay positive that someone will eventually believe in me and believe that human beings have the capacity to change even though they made mistakes in their youth.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you put the needs of others before your own?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer