Best Buy Loss Prevention Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

1.8

Loss Prevention Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Interviews are a joke.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wanted to work at the warehouse and the GM agree eventhough the position I was interviewed for was loss prevention.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Stamford, CT) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online at about 2am one morning. Got a call around 10Am. Started with a phone interview, then a one on one

Interview Questions

• When does the company lose more? Taking home a pen or stealing an iPod   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (The Woodlands, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

After an online application submission you will be brought in for two separate interviews. The first with an assistant manager and the department lead, the next with the general manager or higher store managers.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a co-worker take a beverage and say he will pay for it later, how would you respond?   1 Answer
    • Name one instance when you have gone above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. They gave me my salary. When I mentioned that I had a year's experience with another store in the same position for more money, they basically said 'take it or leave it'.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Okemos, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

The first phase of the interviewing process was an online personality test. After scoring an acceptable score on the test, I was called in for a 1 on 1 interview. The interview consisted of basic question such as experiences with previous employers and questions about how you would act in particular on-the-job situations.

Interview Questions

• If you were told by an employee that they suspected another employee of stealing, how would you respond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. They offered you the current rate of pay and you either accepted it or would not work for the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Willow Grove, PA) in August 2009.

Interview

Best Buy does the three interview process. the first interview is over the phone its is really basic not much to it at all. the second interview is with your supervisor of the prospective department and a manager. the third interview is with the General Manager this one takes the longest. when u attend all the interview dress to impress.

Interview Questions

• when was best buy founded? and they will ask other questions about the history of best buy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (South Portland, ME) in May 2009.

Interview

Long online test and questionnaire, in person interview. Job offer given on phone.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Loss Prevention Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy in September 2008.

Interview

I interviewed 2 to 3 times. the did a background check i had to do a drug test

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would be beneficial?   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy