Best Buy

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Loss Prevention Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Interviews are a joke.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself five years from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted to work at the warehouse and the GM agree eventhough the position I was interviewed for was loss prevention.

South Portland, ME

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2009.

Interview Details – Long online test and questionnaire, in person interview. Job offer given on phone.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online at about 2am one morning. Got a call around 10Am. Started with a phone interview, then a one on one

Interview Question – When does the company lose more? Taking home a pen or stealing an iPod   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Okemos, MI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2010.

Interview Details – The first phase of the interviewing process was an online personality test. After scoring an acceptable score on the test, I was called in for a 1 on 1 interview. The interview consisted of basic question such as experiences with previous employers and questions about how you would act in particular on-the-job situations.

Interview Question – If you were told by an employee that they suspected another employee of stealing, how would you respond?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation. They offered you the current rate of pay and you either accepted it or would not work for the company.

Willow Grove, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2009.

Interview Details – Best Buy does the three interview process. the first interview is over the phone its is really basic not much to it at all. the second interview is with your supervisor of the prospective department and a manager. the third interview is with the General Manager this one takes the longest. when u attend all the interview dress to impress.

Interview Question – when was best buy founded? and they will ask other questions about the history of best buy.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Loss Prevention

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2008.

Interview Details – I interviewed 2 to 3 times. the did a background check i had to do a drug test

Interview Question – What experience do you have that would be beneficial?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Loss Prevention interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.