Best Buy Merchandiser Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

I applyed and i called them two days later and had an over the phone interview met with the manager the first time he was really nice and chill next they called me back and i met the GM he was chill to I had a good time

Interview Questions
  • How do you know when you made the deal   View Answer
simple asked how much i wanted we talked met half way and sign some papers thats it I was hired

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2010.

I applied online at the best buy website, which included a lengthy personality test, and received a phone call to schedule an interview the next day. After the first interview, the interviewer told me to expect a phone call from the hr manager for a second interview. The hr manager called me three days later and scheduled a second interview.

The first interviewer was with my departmental manager, who asked me about hypothetical situations and how I would deal with them. The second interview was designed to test my moral character with regards to stealing. The general manager conducted my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation in which you were frustrated with other group members' performance and how you dealt with it.   View Answer
    • What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing?   View Answer
    I set my asking salary at 10 per hour, the gm told me that the highest pay he could give me was 9.25, which was still a full raise above a standard hire given my experience with similar jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2009.

First you have to apply online. They then called me maybe four days later and conducted a phone interview. They then scheduled me for a 2nd interview which went well so I got a 3rd interview with the GM. After this interview he told me would keep in touch. Did not hear from the company until 3 weeks later where they told me they had a spot open for position I applied for. Then had to come in for a 4th interview and then had to meet with the GM for a job offer that I accepted but wouldnt be an official employee until I passed the background check and drug test which I did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2009.

I was well known by the management staff before applying as I had close friends who had been working there for quite a while and therefore received expedited interview process. Normally, in a standard hiring phase, it is over the course of one, possibly two months. If you pass the online test, you may be contacted via phone to see if you're still interested. You then have a second interview with an assistant manager or supervisor who will then suggest you for a final interview with the General Manager. Standard drug testing and other checks. They have very straight forward and simple paperwork. Most is automated which is quick.

Interview Questions
    • A unexpected question for me was the interviewer asking how I could improve the team. I did not currently know the standing of the team in anyway and felt it was an unnecessary question.   Answer Question
    I was told standard incoming pay. It would greatly vary depending on your position and experience as per usual negotiations.