Best Buy

Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandising Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

phone interview, had 2, 1 on 1 in person interviews with two managers. asked basically have you worked in a team environment. They also asked about stealing a lot. All in all the experience of the job interview was pleasant. The interviewers made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire process.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

Went to the job fair and was offered a second interview. Needed to apply online first. Asked simple questions. Many what if questions along with situational questions. Only offered a occasional seasonal position with an oppritunity to move part time.

Intially asked for 10 but given 10.50

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Two interviews, one with the merchandising specialist and then another day with the store leader.

First interview is basic questions really easy, if they like you and your answers you will be pushed to the next round of interview.

Second interview was the most nerve racking with a more stern face to talk to. He wasn't liking me as much as the the first guy. After the interview he said he'll call me to let me know, NOT ONE PHONE CALL. Talk about professional? That guy sucks.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be challenging for a new employee starting here?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

My first interview was over the phone. During the phone interview the interviewer was checking to see if I was qualified for the job. My next two interview was at the store. The second interview was with a different interview. The last interview was with the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing that I experienced was me getting interviewed by the General Manger the same day as the second interviewer. I was expecting them to call me back for a third interview so that I can prepare. But, instead of them calling me back they brought him right after the second interview. The good part about it was that the question he asked were similar to that of the second interviewer.   Answer Question
    The General Manager asked me, "How much do you want to get paid?" I told him on my application I put down $9.37. He told me Okay, I will offer you $10.00/Hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wentzville, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wentzville, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

It was a group interview with about 10-15 other candidates who applied for various positions. Two employees conducted the interview and asked situational questions (e.g. what would you do if…?). There were also various exercises that involved choosing merchandise from the store, bringing it back to the interview room, and describing what it does or how to use it. Overall, I can see the reasoning behind this interview technique, but in my personal experience I felt it was poorly implemented.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were truly difficult, but I will say in my case it was extremely frustrating when 'hot girl' or 'guy who seems fun to party with' gets all the attention from the less-than-professional interviewers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

3 interview process

Interview Questions
    • Why are the places you worked so close in date? and you didn't stay long?   Answer Question
    no negotiation. Hourly rate is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2009.

Got a call on a Friday about my application but was unable to pick up the phone since I was in class. They told me to call them back, I did twice that same day, they finally call me the day after, Saturday and ask me a couple questions like, why bestbuy, describe yourself and such generic questions. Tell me to come in for an interview on Tuesday. Went in 5 minutes early, had to wait 15 minutes as the interviewer was in a meeting. Was a 1:1 interview which has its positives and negatives since you can be original but nobody to copy off of in case you are stuck with a hard question. Passed the interview then told to come in on a Thursday. Went in for the 2nd interview waited like 1/2 an hour got real bored since they were supposedly in meetings again, this time it was the GM of the store, asked me a couple questions on why work at bestbuy, what would you do if someone stole, your hero, a coach or teacher that really helped you. Passed that and offered me the job for $8.50 an hour now I just have to pass my drug test and I am a Best Buy employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in May 2009.

He asked questions about my work background as well as personal questions such as "what is your dream job?" Overall, it wasn't too stressful of an interview. There were several questions on theft and reporting in store theft.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy in April 2007.

not too bad, asked alot of pointless questions that seemed to be all the same but eventually they offered me the job. Sat in a room with one of the managers and they seemed to not really be interested in what was going on and was almost annoyed that they had to be there

Merchandising Specialist Interview

I was interviewing for a position in a new store so there were different positions available. I initially was interviewing for a computer sales position, but the hiring manager suggested I work in the merchandising specialist role to gain some experience and then maybe move on to the computer sales role. I was told what to expect, asked basic questions and was accepted on the spot.