Best Buy Merchandising Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.4

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after submitting an application online. I ended up Interviewing with the manager of department then shortly after the general manager of the store joined us. After the 1st interview I had an impromptu interview with the supervisors of the department to see if we meshed well.

Interview Questions

• How far do you live? Are you okay with doing the same thing over and over?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Decatur, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied and got a call back a week later. We set up a interview for a Tuesday. Interview was fairly easy with a really sweet supervisor. Got asked around 6 "describe a time when..." questions. Got a call a week later to set up an interview with the assistant manager. Shortly met with the AM on a Wednesday and was asked to another interview with the General Manager that Friday. After the interview with the GM I was asked how much I wanted to be paid and was offered the job upon successful completion of a background and drug test. Start date is a week from now.

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

It went pretty quick no complaints. Don't just go in there and say I love electronics because that is not the answer they are looking for. Just be yourself and everything will go smoothly.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly. He took time to explain the job. However, he was in a rush. They do not give you feedback on you did on interview. You are sent just a pitiful rejection email. That may sound like a complain but I rather have feedback or criticism than a rejection email that is given to everyone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a positive experience working in a team and what were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (North Charleston, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

It was ok the manager acted like he wanted to just hurry up with the process he looked uninterested I could plus they rescheduled me for another day because he forgot about his wife birthday

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with a group how would you describe the experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Dartmouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (North Dartmouth, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call over the weekend, accidentally missed the call. Was thrilled when I got a call again on Father's Day and set up for the interview for the following Tuesday. Went to the interview on Tuesday. The manager hiring me was busy so I browsed around the store for a bit. I finally get to the interview and it was fantastic, very successful. Was told they go through applicants and make their decision by Monday in an email/phone call. Got the email Thursday night, it was the generic rejection email usually given without interview not personal at all and came from the "do not reply" email.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, mostly availability questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview about a week afterwards. The interview was with the manager and was very laid back. The questions were simple and similar to other ones posted here. I was contacted about a week later being informed that I was no longer under consideration for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeWitt, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (DeWitt, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

They bring you through one to three rounds of interviews. Then they make you wait over 30 days for NEO. Criminal background and drug test required. Be prepared to wait. They'll also check your bags every day you leave the store.

Interview Questions

• What did you do previously. What are some skills that you can bring to the store, why Best Buy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online received a call with in a week. I was currently out of town and she scheduled the interview the next day at 9AM. Luckily it was only a 4 hour trip back. I only made the drive back and decided to go to the interview because, when I asked the HR lady if she can reschedule, she said, "I could but we are trying to get people hired by next week", instant green flag. I Arrived at Best Buy at 8:30AM on the dot and went up to the door and rang the bell (the store was not open yet) a supervisor let me in. I also was greeted by a very tall dude but didn't notice his significance until later. 45 minutes passed and that tall dude called be back into a room and apologized for the lateness. The tall dude turned out to be the manager. Another green flag went up. When I entered the room I saw the supervisor as well and they both proceeded to do a panel interview. I instantly got nervous when he said tell me about yourself, I kind of mumbled on my first words. Anyway I got it together and the interview went smoothly. After some time flew by we talked about scenarios and some stories, in which after, they asked me if I can step out of the room for a bit and they will call me back. Even more nervous I patiently waited near the room looking at appliances nearby. They called me back in and offered me the position with generous pay because of my experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to be paid?   1 Answer
    • How would you make sure a customer meets their need?   1 Answer
    • What would happen if two employees were stealing but one was paid more and one was not? What would you do and why?   1 Answer
    • What is "shrink"?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I arrived five minutes before the interview was scheduled. I waited an addition twenty-five minutes for the department head to interview me in a room by the bathroom with a no air condition. The questions weren't too bad, they were pretty straightforward however the interviewer was a bit non-personable, rude, and not very accommodating of patience.Bathroom sounds kept distracting us both because it was too loud to tune out. Not a good interviewing experience at all.

Interview Questions

• Asked about jobs background, why I left previous job, why did you decide to work with us, about 8 or 9 customer scenarios so brush up on those   Answer Question