Best Buy

Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.3

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

One interview, background check, and drug test. Standard retail interview. Most of the questions are situational questions. They will also most likely ask about your willingness to work the holidays and other peak business times.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, how you handled it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
I did not negotiate because I was excited to be making more than minimum wage. They pay was decent for a college student with very little job experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

You sit down with a manager and are asked a series of questions, none that are too difficult. A lot of questions asking what would you do if a certain situation happened. As long as you answer the questions well you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a coworker is taking too many days off?   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Easy, just come professional, be yourself, and make sure you give Eye Contact. Some interviews may be in 3 different parts with 3 different people. Best Buy Rocks though

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

The interview was relatively straightforward, the mobile manager asked some behavioral questions and asked about my college experience up to that point. The interview was conversational but still professional. Dressed up business casual in a dress shirt and pants, no jacket required. Generally the mobile manager will approve you for a second interview with the general store manager, which will consist of similar behavioral questions. Was offered position in the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went the extra mile for someone else.   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

Best Buy requires you to submit an online survey to determine first if you should be interviewed. If you score well on the survey/questionnaire they'll give you a call. When you're answering the questionnaire, never be on the fence. Always go with outstanding or strongly agree or strongly disagree. They are looking for someone who enjoys team based jobs and who enjoys working with people and customer service.

They consider the call to you as the first interview. They just asked me if I was still interested in the position and why. After that they will schedule you for an interview at the store.

The second interview is with the sales manager in the department that you are applying for. They do not decide if you get the job. They are going to be asking you team-based questions. They want to know if you are a team player and if you can work well with others. They are looking for someone with good customer service skills. At the end they will ask if you have any questions. Ask what a good sales team member is like. After he tells you reassure him that you have those skills.

The third interview is with the general manager. He decides if you get the job, and he will offer you the job there. He will just be asking a few technical questions. The general manager I interview with gave me about 2-3 minutes to tell him why I should be hired. I told him I should be hired because I care about customers and good customer service.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the general manager, and you caught a good employee stealing a candy bar, what would you do?   View Answer
    • Name a time where you went out of your way for a customer.   View Answer
    • Name a time where you did something else for a co-worker.   View Answer
    Negotiation is different depending on your current job. If you have a job where your employer is willing to keep you then you should tell them that. If you proved to them that you should be hired, then they will try to take you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

During october they always start hiring for the hoilday season. Filled out an app online and took a online quiz right after. If you put Stongly Agree/Disagree you have a better chance at getting a higher score. I got a call a week later. They did a small interview on the phone, just asked if i was still interested in the job and my availabilty. My first face to face interview was with a assistant manger. She asked simple situational questions right from a packet about past work expierences. Ex. Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a costomer. Most of these questions are online so study them and give a very detailed response. Interview was only 15 minutes. Got a call later that day to come for a second inteterview the next day. The second was with the General Manger. She asked the same questions. Their gonna ask you about stealing make sure you say its wrong no matter what. Also, will ask why best buy. Makee sure you say that you love technology and showing people how to use it and shop at best buy alot. Also, will ask what expierence do costumers look for when they come to best buy. Say a clean store, people greeting them at the door, and helping them on the floor. After the interview she offered ne the job on the spot. You will get an offer in a email the next day and after you accept it they will send you to take a drug test. The interview process is very easy. Just be confident, make eye contact and seem friendly and keep it simple dont overthink stuff. Always as a question or two after to seem interested. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    Not really a negotiation it was a take or leave it. Had no expierence so they started me at $9 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

I applied for Mobile, Computing and DI, and customer service when I saw the listings on indeed.com. I received a phone call the next day, and was scheduled an interview, there was no phone screening. The Sales manager asked which position I applied for, and I told him that I was most interested in Mobile but was open to anything. He asked about my personality, likes and dislikes from previous jobs and teamwork dynamics, and some basic customer service and sales type questions. He then told me what area he thought I would fit in, and advised me that he still had other interviews to complete and that I would here from them soon either way. Two days later I received a call for a follow-up interview with the store manager. He asked more personality questions, as well as about my availability, employee theft, whether or not I was comfortable working during the holidays, and discussed the company culture. Because it was for a seasonal position, he asked if I would be interested in staying on past the holidays if my performance allowed it. I was offered the position at that moment. They had trouble finding my application, so I had to reapply from within the store before they could officially send the offer. The interviews were fun and easy, and the managers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer who knows nothing about computers comes in and needs to buy one, how do you narrow down a selection of 50+ products for them?   View Answer
    He asked what pay I think I deserved, and I asked for $10 hourly based on a year of retail experience. He said that he thought I was short-changing myself, and offered me $10.75!

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

it was easy and everything went smoothly the managers were great, they ask you things that you would expect anyone to ask so just go in there and be yourself because if your not they will find out eventually

better job

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

I got a call about two weeks after I applied. I interviewed with this lady who asked questions to get to know me, and a series of eight typically tough interview questions. She said she would contact the general manager right away and seemed like she really liked me. I waited for what felt like forever. I called back twice and both times they said she was in vacation and was going to call back later. Nope. They made excuses when I wanted to know if i was still under consideration. It wasn't that great. To get this job though you do NEED to be available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

The whole process was a scrambled mess with poor communication. I applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks via phone interview regarding an available Full-Time position in Mobile. Confirmed I was interested, was told to expect a call setting up an interview either later that day or tomorrow. 2 days later (with no word from them), I called in to set up the interview. Couldn't reach HR to set up an interview, so I left my number (still no call). I had to call in yet again after 72 hours before finally reaching HR.

Eventually got an interview and passed. I was then told I needed to come back to interview with the GM, and to expect a call scheduling said interview within 24 hours. Again, I waited 72 hours with no contact from Best Buy, and once more I called in to get answers. I was eventually able to set up an interview for the next week with the GM.

The interview was easy, same questions as the 2nd interview. GM told me that I would be hired, but to go back and apply for part time instead (her reasoning was that it was more expensive to train a full time employee than part-time, but promised I'd receive close to 40 hours a week anyway) before they would send me an official job offer. I was told to apply immediately after the interview, with the job offer coming directly after applying.

I ended up waiting over 5 days for the job offer to come in, and as I found out, it was because the GM had failed to communicate to HR that I had been offered the position at all. Between the lack of communication, background checks, and drug tests this effectively set my initial "first day" back by over a month which was disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • All were basic sales-position type interview questions. Fairly straight forward, same questions in 2nd and 3rd interviews.   Answer Question
    GM was not eager to negotiate.