Best Buy Mobile Sale Consultant Interview Questions

2.4

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

Filled out the online application for a few different positions and was finally called up for an interview. Interview took about 30 minutes and seemed to go very well. He asked a lot of how did you handle certain cs situations in your past. I didnt get the job. Im guessing they're only looking for young people.

Interview Questions
  • Name a situation where you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Braintree, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Applied the job online, got a called for interview about 3 weeks later. I went in and have an interview with the GM, The interview very laid back. The GM took me to the backroom, she ask me about 10-14 questions about my work experience, the situation how to deal with other people. The interview last 10-15 minutes. I got hired on the spot. She told me do the drug test and came back in a week later to do the orientation. I started work the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want work here?
      What should you do if a customer ask but you don't know the answer?
      Tell me about yourself?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bluffton, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bluffton, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I applied online and attached a resume (though the admitted to never looking at it) and it was maybe 3 days later they called me asking me to come in for an interview with the Best Buy Mobile manager. Interview was pretty simply personality questions, are you stressed out easily, what do you do if a customer is angry, how to tend to more than one customer at a time and how well you work under pressure. They asked me about my availability, and transportation as well.

a few days had gone by and I got a job asking to go in for my 2nd interview with the general manager who was really nice, and told me that the manager from my previous interview was so excited about our interview he immediately told the hiring manager about it, despite having other interviews that day and week. Which was SUPER awesome. He asked pretty much the same questions as the first interview, told me about himself and best buy, their current lack of full employees and managers. They seem to have no tolerance for people who are late, or want to do zero work and get paid. He admitted laying several people off for either not being able to make it to work or slacking off.

I was offered a part time position on the spot after my drug test and background check. I admit the hiring manager was kind of lazy and slackish. I was constantly having to call her to see what was going on- when i was offered the job on spot i was told i would get an email from the hiring manager of where to take my drug test. Days went by and there was a problem, i applied for full time, but was hired part time, so I had to apply for full time so they could put it in their system, well my drug test results came in on a monday and i had to call on a wednesday to see what the silence was all about and she finally sent me m job offer to confirm through email. So, that made me a little antsy but besides that the experience was great. I was offered $10 an hour, and eligible for part time, just to talk to my manager about it

my first interview was on july 31st, my 2nd interview I actually got offered the job ON my 19th birthday! (august 7th) and am starting my first day on the 24th :) so it takes a bout a couple weeks

Interview Questions
    • If you don't know anything about the cell phone, tablet (ect) the customer is talking about what do you do?   View Answer
    I was offered $10 hourly, I did not attempt to negotiate, as I was being paid 7.25 at my previous job (sally's)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

After applying online, I received a phone call within four hours to schedule the first interview with the department manager. After meeting with her, I was told I would be sitting down with the GM in the next week. During the interview with the General Manager, I was asked the standard interview questions about my experience, knowledge, and availability. I was also given certain scenarios and was asked to explain how I would handle them. After getting the job, I was submitted to a drug test and background check. I personally never received formal training/initiation due to my status as a temporary employee.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you witnessed an instance of theft happening in your department or store?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I accepted the offer straight away.

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

The process was really simple. It starts with a brief over the phone interview. They'll have a front store lead call and ask you around 5 basic questions. "Why do you want to work for Best Buy?" "What is your availability ?" etc etc. After that, you'll pick a time & date for the next interview, usually a week after the 1st one. Show up at least 10-15 minutes early, dressed professionally. The 2nd interview is with a manager, this is usually the longest part of the hiring process. You'll spend around 1.5 hours with the manager, answering a series of questions ranging from "Name a time you had to deal with an irate customer?" to "what makes you the right person for this position?" My interview went extremely well, the manager and I had a lot in common so my interview went smoothly. If you make it through the 2nd interview, they'll call you in a day or two to schedule the final interview with the General Manager of the store. Repeat the same process of showing up early & dressing appropriately. The general manager will ask a few of the same questions that the manager asked but it won't be nearly as extensive. The most important focus for them is that you aren't a thief and that you have good availability. After that, you'll either be offered a job on the spot or they will call/email you telling you the direction they want to take. I was offered a position on the spot and began working the very next week.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was "Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?"   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Applied Online and received a call from hr a few days later. The call was basically a phone interview but pretty formal. I was immediately scheduled for an interview the next day with the manager I would be working under. It was a pretty basic interview with all behavioral questions. He was honest enough to tell me that he Unfortunately interviewed a more qualified candidate but he loved me so much he offered me about her great position, which he said was never done. After getting the paper work together I was scheduled for an interview with the GM two days later which was pretty formal as well and consisted of behavioral questions and a lot of regular talk. He then told me the job was mine after a drug and background test and everything else was done electronically. It honestly was a pretty comfortable interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    • None, all behavioral questions usually have the same goal to make sure you put customers first, you work hard, and you know what to do under pressure. Just google some and come up with some situations before hand.   Answer Question
    I was offered a good hourly rate so I didn't bother to negotiate but I believe they ask you what type of pay are you looking for in the beginning of the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2014.

3 Interviews
    1st- Phone Interview. Easy, Broad questions
    2nd- Interview with Sales Manager or Assistant Manager. Scenario-type questions. They have a "Confidential-Candidate Packet" that they ask questions from, and take notes about you in. Mostly "tell me a time when..."
    3rd- Interview with General Manager. Once you make it here, 85% of the time you already got the job. The GM interview is just he/she checking to see if you are fit for the jobs, and some "tell me a time when..." questions. Basically a final approval before hiring you. Then they will make you an offer, and send an email to you about instructions on how to accept the offer and complete pre-employment procedures. You provide information and accept background check authorization. You go to local LabCorp for your urine drug-test. Wait about a week for the Best buy to get results of both tests back, and they bring you in for your orientation. Good Luck to All!

Interview Questions
    • If a person that have no idea what technology is walks in the store, what would you do?   View Answer
    When I applied online I put my starting salary between two figures, in which they gave me the highest range of the two figures I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Overall, the process was pretty painless. I applied for the position on June 20th, and called the next day and asked to have my application pulled out of the system. Once the assistant manager pulled my application, a short phone interview followed. She asked me questions like why I wanted to work for the company and what my availability was like. She scheduled an interview for the 23rd. I interviewed with the manager of the connections team. He asked situational questions like "What would you do if a customer was upset?" and things of that nature. At the end he told me he would recommend me for an interview with the GM. Four days later, I had an interview with the GM. The interview questions were similar to the other questions asked in the previous interview. He offered me a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    He was open to negotiation. But I didn't negotiate because he offered me $0.50 more than what I expected.

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy.

I originally applied online for a customer service position in June 2013, but was contacted by Best Buy HR by phone late August saying they can set up a face-to-face interview with a mobile manager if I was in interested in applying to become a mobile sales consultant. So I applied for the position then set up an interview a week later. The interview with the mobile manager was fairly easy (Although difficult for me considering this was my first one on one interview I've ever had for a job). I was simply asked basic behavioral questions. I then left, and got a call back in about a day asking for another interview. I came into the store for another interview, this time with the general manager, then was asked more behavioral and situational questions. I was then offered a job on the spot and was asked to complete my drug check and I would be prepared to begin working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peachtree City, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

I was contacted the day after I applied to come into the store for an in person interview. I was interviewed using a standard packet of "standardized interview questions." A few I had were: What would you do if you experienced a disgruntled customer? How would you react to a difficult co-worker? How would you go about selling a mobile device? There were a few other very basic questions as well. I was told that If I were called back then I would meet with the GM for second interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very situational. If you have any previous employment experience you should be able to answer them very easily   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!