Best Buy

Updated Jun 30, 2014

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Just the initial interview. Asked the usual questions, why best buy? and why would you be a good fit for this position? when are you available/ would weekends and holidays be a problem?

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond what was expected for a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Very structured, standard questions any other company would ask you about yourself and how you take on challenges and obstacles. Be prepared to talk about past experience, stories. Have great customer satisfaction experiences in mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

Phone Interview: getting to know me, what I would be interested in.
    Second Interview: with an assistant manager to discuss the job and if I had any question
    Third & Final Interview: with store manager and head mobile sales manager to complete interview process, discuss everything and if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    They offered me a more than fair hourly pay, almost $1.50 more than what I made at my other job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

Managers are very "people-friendly" and the interviews were very casual, but still be mindful of your answers because they will remember what you said.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in December 2009.

Applied online. A short phone interview. The first interview was with department supervisor and was brief. The second interview was with the department manager and was much longer. Mostly morality questions, personality questions. The third interview was with GM and went over store culture, company expectations, and pay.

Interview Questions
    I did negotiate on hourly pay. I had several management positions in retail and really played up as to how those strengths would benefit the department. I ended up getting over the 8.25 start pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Nyack, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Nyack, NY

interviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

three interviews one with mobile manager one with assistant gm and one with gm very nice and easy

Interview Questions
    i asked for an extra dollar and i got it

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

I applied for two jobs at Best Buy, and both applications were online. I applied for the Mobile sales and for the Sales Associate position. Both were seasonal part time. I received a phone call about two-three days after I applied. I then called back and had (what I assume was) an over the phone interview where the woman asked me a few questions about my availability and where I would want to work. We then set up an in-person interview.

The in-person interview was really at ease. It only lasted about thirty minutes and he asked me a variety of questions that I needed to respond to with situations in my life. After that, he thanked me and said he would be in touch for my next interview.

The next interview was very quick, maybe twenty minutes at most. She asked me a lot of questions including why I want to work at Best Buy, and what I would do if I saw a fellow co-worker stealing. Then she handed me a bunch of papers and told me she would be hiring me part-time regular, rather than seasonal.

Then I needed to get a drug test, so I did that. Now I'm just waiting for the call back for my orientation date.

Update: After leaving a message, I got a call back about orientation. So overall, from the time of my drug test, the call back took about a week and a half.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a co-worker stealing?   View Answer
    I didn't need to negotiate.