Best Buy

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

West Nyack, NY

I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

Interview Details – three interviews one with mobile manager one with assistant gm and one with gm very nice and easy

Interview Question – none that i could think of   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i asked for an extra dollar and i got it

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Very structured, standard questions any other company would ask you about yourself and how you take on challenges and obstacles. Be prepared to talk about past experience, stories. Have great customer satisfaction experiences in mind.

Gainesville, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in December 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. A short phone interview. The first interview was with department supervisor and was brief. The second interview was with the department manager and was much longer. Mostly morality questions, personality questions. The third interview was with GM and went over store culture, company expectations, and pay.

Interview Question – No questions were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did negotiate on hourly pay. I had several management positions in retail and really played up as to how those strengths would benefit the department. I ended up getting over the 8.25 start pay.

Covington, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2012.

Interview Details – Managers are very "people-friendly" and the interviews were very casual, but still be mindful of your answers because they will remember what you said.

Interview Question – What is your favorite cereal?   Answer Question

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview: getting to know me, what I would be interested in.
Second Interview: with an assistant manager to discuss the job and if I had any question
Third & Final Interview: with store manager and head mobile sales manager to complete interview process, discuss everything and if I had any questions.

Interview Question – Who I look up to as a hero   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a more than fair hourly pay, almost $1.50 more than what I made at my other job.

Very Easy Interview

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I applied for two jobs at Best Buy, and both applications were online. I applied for the Mobile sales and for the Sales Associate position. Both were seasonal part time. I received a phone call about two-three days after I applied. I then called back and had (what I assume was) an over the phone interview where the woman asked me a few questions about my availability and where I would want to work. We then set up an in-person interview.

The in-person interview was really at ease. It only lasted about thirty minutes and he asked me a variety of questions that I needed to respond to with situations in my life. After that, he thanked me and said he would be in touch for my next interview.

The next interview was very quick, maybe twenty minutes at most. She asked me a lot of questions including why I want to work at Best Buy, and what I would do if I saw a fellow co-worker stealing. Then she handed me a bunch of papers and told me she would be hiring me part-time regular, rather than seasonal.

Then I needed to get a drug test, so I did that. Now I'm just waiting for the call back for my orientation date.

Update: After leaving a message, I got a call back about orientation. So overall, from the time of my drug test, the call back took about a week and a half.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw a co-worker stealing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.