Best Buy

Average Difficulty
43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2014.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews
1st- Phone Interview. Easy, Broad questions
2nd- Interview with Sales Manager or Assistant Manager. Scenario-type questions. They have a "Confidential-Candidate Packet" that they ask questions from, and take notes about you in. Mostly "tell me a time when..."
3rd- Interview with General Manager. Once you make it here, 85% of the time you already got the job. The GM interview is just he/she checking to see if you are fit for the jobs, and some "tell me a time when..." questions. Basically a final approval before hiring you. Then they will make you an offer, and send an email to you about instructions on how to accept the offer and complete pre-employment procedures. You provide information and accept background check authorization. You go to local LabCorp for your urine drug-test. Wait about a week for the Best buy to get results of both tests back, and they bring you in for your orientation. Good Luck to All!

Interview Question – If a person that have no idea what technology is walks in the store, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When I applied online I put my starting salary between two figures, in which they gave me the highest range of the two figures I asked for.

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview Details – Overall, the process was pretty painless. I applied for the position on June 20th, and called the next day and asked to have my application pulled out of the system. Once the assistant manager pulled my application, a short phone interview followed. She asked me questions like why I wanted to work for the company and what my availability was like. She scheduled an interview for the 23rd. I interviewed with the manager of the connections team. He asked situational questions like "What would you do if a customer was upset?" and things of that nature. At the end he told me he would recommend me for an interview with the GM. Four days later, I had an interview with the GM. The interview questions were similar to the other questions asked in the previous interview. He offered me a job on the spot.

Interview Question – What are the company's values?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He was open to negotiation. But I didn't negotiate because he offered me $0.50 more than what I expected.

Mobile Sales Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I originally applied online for a customer service position in June 2013, but was contacted by Best Buy HR by phone late August saying they can set up a face-to-face interview with a mobile manager if I was in interested in applying to become a mobile sales consultant. So I applied for the position then set up an interview a week later. The interview with the mobile manager was fairly easy (Although difficult for me considering this was my first one on one interview I've ever had for a job). I was simply asked basic behavioral questions. I then left, and got a call back in about a day asking for another interview. I came into the store for another interview, this time with the general manager, then was asked more behavioral and situational questions. I was then offered a job on the spot and was asked to complete my drug check and I would be prepared to begin working.

Interview Questions

Peachtree City, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted the day after I applied to come into the store for an in person interview. I was interviewed using a standard packet of "standardized interview questions." A few I had were: What would you do if you experienced a disgruntled customer? How would you react to a difficult co-worker? How would you go about selling a mobile device? There were a few other very basic questions as well. I was told that If I were called back then I would meet with the GM for second interview.

Interview Question – All questions were very situational. If you have any previous employment experience you should be able to answer them very easily   Answer Question

Long Is City, NY

Interview Details – The first interview well 2nd is with the Assistant manager and the GM will also be there. It was great be your self make them laught the day after I got a call to be interview with the GM He was super cool and funny there gonna ask u the same questions and ask what part of the store u wanna work. Then they will ask u to leave the room for 2minutes the You'll get the JOB����

Interview Question – Why best buy ? Did you last job have sale goals ?   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and within 3 days got a phone call from the hiring manager. I had a phone interview after which the hiring manager wanted me to come in for an interview with the store manager. I did so that day. I nailed the in store interview and landed the job. All I had to do was perform a drug test the following week and I could start.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate the salary, just tell them you deserve a bit more and give them some reasons.

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview is very short and to the point. The interview basically is set up to see if you are well spoken and do not have a shy personality because for this job you need to be well spoken and have an upbeat personality. You also need to know a basic knowledge of technology.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work at best buy?   View Answer

Mobile Sales Consultant

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview is with supervisor of department, not very long. Usually receive interview second interview within same day. Second interview with general manager.

Interview Question – Questions weren't difficult or unexpected, just make sure to have pretty good knowledge of latest technology.   Answer Question

Longview, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was like a mass hiring, literally. It was for seasonal workers and I believe at least 5 people were interviewed at the same time. They went over out resumes and talked about who was available when and that was pretty much it. Everyone had retail experience already and I had worked at Verizon selling phones so they did not spend too much time asking us questions.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary at all. In fact, I don't think they really asked us specific questions at all - other than our work availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pretty much said, this is what we pay seasonal workers.

Mobile Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I put in my application online and was called over the phone 4 days later. I was told to come in for the initial interview. I was then told to come back for a final interview with the GM. Asked the tell me about yourself question and past jobs.

Interview Question – Really there's only one question that matters. How would you handle (insert situation here). Use your common sense. How would you handle an angry customer? There's only one right answer. You stay calm and kindly be informative as well as apologetic. Be creative and positive. You have nothing to worry about. They are people just looking for kind foot soldiers to execute there business model. Own it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told a salary (take it of leave it) and I needed a job so I took it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 43 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.