Best Buy

Getting the Interview

34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – I put in my application online and was called over the phone 4 days later. I was told to come in for the initial interview. I was then told to come back for a final interview with the GM. Asked the tell me about yourself question and past jobs.

Interview Question – Really there's only one question that matters. How would you handle (insert situation here). Use your common sense. How would you handle an angry customer? There's only one right answer. You stay calm and kindly be informative as well as apologetic. Be creative and positive. You have nothing to worry about. They are people just looking for kind foot soldiers to execute there business model. Own it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told a salary (take it of leave it) and I needed a job so I took it.

Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Interview Details – There are three interviews that you're going to go through. You're going to receive a phone interview, an interview with a sales manager, and your final interview with the general manager. If your interview is good then you will be hired after your second interview. The interview is going to ask behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Question – How would you sell a mobile phone?   View Answer

Grove City, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

Interview Details – I went in for my first interview with the assistant manager, he asked very basic questions while reading them straight from a packet. It was very professional. Asked questions such as, "tell me about a difficult time you had dealing with a customer in your previous role" and "why would you fit best working here?"
I was called back to attend a second interview about a week later with the general store manager. This was very simple, we met and he asked if I was sure this kind of work environment was for me. He made sure to stress how busy it is and what he expects from his employees. It was short, we discussed pay expectations and I left employed.

Interview Question – The in depth questions about explaining past personal experiences with customers. Overall all questions are the same just worded differently. So you have to come up with 6 or 7 different scenarios for the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated pay, they wanted to pay minimum wage and I politely told him I wouldn't accept the job if he didn't pay me a certain amount. He didn't argue after that.

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – Three interviews; phone, in person with mobile manager and last with store general manager. Took about 2 weeks to complete.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Best Buy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – From what I remember you get $.25 for every year of retail experience you have

Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

Interview Details – it was quick , easy , over all customer service questions .

Interview Question – all the questions were common sense questions but there are a couple in regards to the products carried .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – wage is by experience

Springfield, OH

Interview Details – Three interviews in order to get the position. One with the head of the department and two with the general manager. Many easy questions, very sales oriented. Didn't need experience.

Interview Question – What would you do with a difficult customer who is being rude and refusing to leave?   Answer Question

Peoria, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2014.

Interview Details – I got a callback on the job after applying online, it was pretty casual, went into the store, had two interviews, a few days apart. I was expecting a phone interview, but went straight to 1 on 1 interviews. After the interviews, got an offer e-mail to do background check consent and information to take for my drug test.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to take initiative at work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There isn't much negotiation. They work with your availability, be sure to expect part time if you ask for part time.

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2014.

Interview Details – Had a total of 3 interviews. Got called in to interview with the department manager, the whole time he was really courteous and attentive and it didnt seem at all like he was reading off a script. He then scheduled me for a second interview with the central manager the next day. The second interview was relaxed and went by quick, I was scheduled for a third and final interview with the general manager the very same night. After talking to the general manager about availability I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Very simple basic questions. As long as you're enthusiastic and energized you should have no problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Threw a number out there based on what I thought I deserved and they shot it down and offered me more then what I asked. there reason was that that they thought I was worth more then what I asked. Great confidence boost. Dont be afraid to negotiate!

Skokie, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

Interview Details – The process is very simple. From the phone interview to the General Manager interview. Over all the ask the same questions so if you remember your answers you'll be golden. Also when they ask, stealing is always bad.

Interview Question – Any of the "Describe a time.." questions.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Columbia, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, was called for an interview within two days. Went into the store for my initial interview and was offered a seasonal position on the spot. I accepted the offer and began my training.

Interview Question – Name something that you could improve on? Name a time when you got in trouble with a supervisor?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No chance of negotiation as a seasonal employee.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.