Best Buy

Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

I applied online and was contacted by the hiring supervisor probably two weeks later. I had a short screening interview during that first call - was I still interested? What area of the store did I think I would best fit? A brief overview of the job, etc. I went in for a first in-person interview a day later with a supervisor. Basic STAR questions - tell me about a time when/tell me how you turned a negative experience into a positive, etc. - and then was called back in for a final interview with my department's manager. Very similar questions. Was offered the job during that interview, pending background/drug screen.

Interview Questions
  • An unexpected question I'd never been asked during an interview - "How do you think a store should respond to employee theft?"   View Answer
There was a little negotiation room.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

Filled out an application online, received a call to schedule interview. Went in for interview took about 20 minutes or so and said I would receive notice whether good or bad within 48 hours. Did not receive anything so I called back to find out.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to describe a time with a irritated customer and what I did?   Answer Question

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

Was in a small room at the back of the store. There was a manager present. Interview was fairly quick. Just a couple of general questions. I knew there is more than one interview

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult situation you have faced with a customer?   Answer Question

Multi-Channel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

Applied online at the beginning of the month. About 2 weeks later I get an email for the time and store location for my interview. Luckily I did not have anything going on at that time. Went in for my one on one interview with the Computer department manager. Pretty basic interview (Your work history, experience, what will you bring to the company). Then the manager proceeded to explain the job. I was then recommended to apply for another position with the company. Was told that I would receive a call from the store manager for another interview. Never heard anything back.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with an employee that you did not work well with?   Answer Question

Multi-Channel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Got a phone call scheduling a date for interview. First interview was just a standard sit-down with a few questions about your worth ethic, etc. Nothing too hard.

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2012.

I applied online and a week later someone from the store called and conducted a phone interview. She basically just asked the typical "Tell us about yourself" question then asked about my experience, why I wanted to work there and what positions I was interested in. Then she set me up with an interview with one of the store mangers who asked all situational questions and again what positions I was interested in. Then she set me with a final interview with the general manger. He just talked a little about himself then asked questions to get to know you, asked only a couple or a few situational questions then offered me the job.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2011.

I went to Best Buy to kill time and play with the Mac table, that's what all the young people would do when they visited the mall. And I saw a sign for open interviews, all you had to do was submit your application online and show up the day of the open interviews.

The day of the interview, they gave people numbers and those that were selected had passed this like "moral code" test that is part of the application which asks questions like "If you saw so and so doing this what would you do?" Then depending on what department you applied for, they split everyone up into smaller groups and each person in the group took turns doing 1 on 1 interviews with the department manager. It took like 4 hours and I was the last person to be interviewed but I got a second interview and was told to come in another day.

The second interview was with the general manager and they will ask you about yourself and what you will add to Best Buy that others cannot. A bunch of similar questions and then some more moral code questions. They ask you why you want to work in whatever department you applied for, etc.

Received a phone call like a week later to go take a drug test and submit the scores back. That's basically how they let you know you're hired.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate, salary offered was $9.50, which is more than the $8 minimum for surrounding businesses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2010.

2 interview with managers, one with GM

Interview Questions
    easy and fair hourly pay