Best Buy Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Findlay, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

quick and easy interview process. It's a 2 step process you interview with a back lead and then the general manager Got interviewed and started working in just over 1 week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, within a day a manager called me with a "phone interview" and asked me a few questions. Went in the next day for a face to face interview. Went really well and had me come back 4 days later and had an interview with the general manager. He asked me about theft, and what I wanted to be payed. Always say theft is 100% wrong, and don't be afraid to ask for a decent pay.

Interview Questions

• Describe your negative attributes. Tell me skittle about yourself. Have you ever been in a situation you weren't comfortable In and how did you get out of it.   Answer Question

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy in December 2014.

Interview

2 interviews with the basic questions. Everything seemed very last minute and very unorganized. Communication throughout the process was constant but the paperwork was not completed in a timely manner

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone eat a candy bar they didn't pay for first.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negtiation position was seasonal

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the hiring supervisor probably two weeks later. I had a short screening interview during that first call - was I still interested? What area of the store did I think I would best fit? A brief overview of the job, etc. I went in for a first in-person interview a day later with a supervisor. Basic STAR questions - tell me about a time when/tell me how you turned a negative experience into a positive, etc. - and then was called back in for a final interview with my department's manager. Very similar questions. Was offered the job during that interview, pending background/drug screen.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question I'd never been asked during an interview - "How do you think a store should respond to employee theft?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a little negotiation room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bloomington, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application online, received a call to schedule interview. Went in for interview took about 20 minutes or so and said I would receive notice whether good or bad within 48 hours. Did not receive anything so I called back to find out.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to describe a time with a irritated customer and what I did?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kannapolis, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Kannapolis, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very relaxed and presented no pressure whatsoever. My supervisor and I had a one on one and he asked first questions just about me personally to get to know me better as a potential employee. He also told me about himself and offered relating stories of his own to what I had to say. The whole process was honestly just like having a nice conversation and getting to know one another.

Interview Questions

• We moved on and he presented certain situations that I may encounter on the job and asked me to describe any prior experiences I've had that may help with said situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tustin, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview with two department managers and finally with the general manager. Interview questions are standard "tell me about your customer service experience" questions. The interviews took no more than 30 minutes and the managers were very down to earth. After the 3 interviews they either give you an offer or not. If you receive an offer then you are given paper work to go complete a urine drug test after which you wait for the results to clear and can start working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond customer service expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you showed initiative in your previous work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Trumbull, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

Once you apply call the next day or as soon as possible because they will not call you. When you call you will go through a screening process with the hiring manager (that is if she likes what she sees on your application then and there). Basically that's your first interview. If they like you, you will be asked to go in for an 'official' interview where you would meet with the manager that's in charge of the department you are applying for. Again more questions but there are more about you're work ethic, how you would handle situations and your experience. And finally if that goes well you'll be asked in for a third interview with the district manager, mostly same questions as the second interview but more ellaborate. If you're hired they'll call you. And shortly after you'd recieve and email where you would accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with a complicated customer?   Answer Question

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Was in a small room at the back of the store. There was a manager present. Interview was fairly quick. Just a couple of general questions. I knew there is more than one interview

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have faced with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (State College, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

After applying online, two weeks came and went before management contacted via phone call. The initial interview was via phone with staffing management to determine if I met basic requirement for the job. Second was a one on one interview with lower management. It was here that they decided I was qualified and well enough composed to move me to a final interview. The last interview was with the general manager and it was here that we discussed pay, hours, benefits, and other details. He was the final say in hiring.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to create a positive impact on Best Buy?   1 Answer