Best Buy Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Findlay, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

quick and easy interview process. It's a 2 step process you interview with a back lead and then the general manager Got interviewed and started working in just over 1 week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy in December 2014.

Interview

2 interviews with the basic questions. Everything seemed very last minute and very unorganized. Communication throughout the process was constant but the paperwork was not completed in a timely manner

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone eat a candy bar they didn't pay for first.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negtiation position was seasonal

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the hiring supervisor probably two weeks later. I had a short screening interview during that first call - was I still interested? What area of the store did I think I would best fit? A brief overview of the job, etc. I went in for a first in-person interview a day later with a supervisor. Basic STAR questions - tell me about a time when/tell me how you turned a negative experience into a positive, etc. - and then was called back in for a final interview with my department's manager. Very similar questions. Was offered the job during that interview, pending background/drug screen.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question I'd never been asked during an interview - "How do you think a store should respond to employee theft?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a little negotiation room.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy (Bloomington, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application online, received a call to schedule interview. Went in for interview took about 20 minutes or so and said I would receive notice whether good or bad within 48 hours. Did not receive anything so I called back to find out.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to describe a time with a irritated customer and what I did?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kannapolis, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Kannapolis, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very relaxed and presented no pressure whatsoever. My supervisor and I had a one on one and he asked first questions just about me personally to get to know me better as a potential employee. He also told me about himself and offered relating stories of his own to what I had to say. The whole process was honestly just like having a nice conversation and getting to know one another.

Interview Questions

• We moved on and he presented certain situations that I may encounter on the job and asked me to describe any prior experiences I've had that may help with said situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Tustin, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview with two department managers and finally with the general manager. Interview questions are standard "tell me about your customer service experience" questions. The interviews took no more than 30 minutes and the managers were very down to earth. After the 3 interviews they either give you an offer or not. If you receive an offer then you are given paper work to go complete a urine drug test after which you wait for the results to clear and can start working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond customer service expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you showed initiative in your previous work experience.   Answer Question

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Was in a small room at the back of the store. There was a manager present. Interview was fairly quick. Just a couple of general questions. I knew there is more than one interview

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have faced with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (State College, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

After applying online, two weeks came and went before management contacted via phone call. The initial interview was via phone with staffing management to determine if I met basic requirement for the job. Second was a one on one interview with lower management. It was here that they decided I was qualified and well enough composed to move me to a final interview. The last interview was with the general manager and it was here that we discussed pay, hours, benefits, and other details. He was the final say in hiring.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to create a positive impact on Best Buy?   1 Answer

Multi-Channel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Wichita, KS) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online at the beginning of the month. About 2 weeks later I get an email for the time and store location for my interview. Luckily I did not have anything going on at that time. Went in for my one on one interview with the Computer department manager. Pretty basic interview (Your work history, experience, what will you bring to the company). Then the manager proceeded to explain the job. I was then recommended to apply for another position with the company. Was told that I would receive a call from the store manager for another interview. Never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an employee that you did not work well with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy (Manchester, CT) in July 2013.

Interview

They pick a day where you come in and you'll have a one on one with a manager. I dressed business business attire and I was questioned on basically how I would handle a tough situation. For example, if a customer cured me out or if they were full out crazy. Many of the questions were basically how I'd handle things that would bother me. It makes sense because in this field you have to stand firm to unreasonable people from time to time. But of course, it's not frequent. There are always awesome customers that you strive to find solutions for.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me is if I saw one of my fellow employee stealing a piece of gum would I turn a blind eye.   1 Answer